The Protestant Community

Welcome to Christforums the Protestant Community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. You'll also enjoy sharing media across multiple platforms. We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christforums

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy. God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now
Sign in to follow this  
joshuap

Your thoughts on Islam and how do you interpret Sharia Law

I'm asking this publicly because I have already made up my mind up Islam in general. From what we see and hear on TV, I think everyone but the peaceful Muslims will say that Islam is not a peaceful religion. I'm hoping that someone out there that is Muslim can chime in and explain to us on what sharia law really means and it's implications world wide.

For those that don't know just by writing this article, I'm breaking Sharia Law and should be put to death in it's accordance. I am questioning it, so therefore I should be put to death. Wow, simply wow. This can be a direct translation, and I'm sure some of you may think that it has a open ended for individual interpretation. But it seems quite clear to me. You question it, you die.

I understand that there is peaceful Muslims out there that just want to be left alone. But I think due diligence is in order here. If you say that you are a devoted follower of a religion, I'm inclined to think that you will follow everything exactly as your text says, and not cherry pick passages that fits your mood and lifestyle. If your text and religion says "Death to all Infidels", I don't think anyone can be mistaken about that.

So please, enlighten me. If someone here is a Muslim or has a very good understanding of Sharia Law, please inform all of us of what it really means.

Here are but a few passages that I thought would get a rise out of some of you. Majority of the passages talk about punishment by death and suppressing women's rights.

• Theft is punishable by amputation of the right hand.

• Criticizing or denying any part of the Quran is punishable by death.

• Criticizing Muhammed or denying that he is a prophet is punishable by death.

• Criticizing or denying Allah, the god of Islam is punishable by death.

• A Muslim who becomes a non-Muslim is punishable by death.

• A non-Muslim who leads a Muslim away from Islam is punishable by death.

• A non-Muslim man who marries a Muslim woman is punishable by death.

• A man can marry an infant girl and consummate the marriage when she is 9 years old.

• Girls' clitoris should be cut (Muhammed's words, Book 41, Kitab Al-Adab, Hadith 5251).

• A woman can have 1 husband, who can have up to 4 wives; Muhammed can have more.

• A man can unilaterally divorce his wife; a woman needs her husband's consent to divorce.

• A man can beat his wife for insubordination.

• Testimonies of four male witnesses are required to prove rape against a woman.

• A woman who has been raped cannot testify in court against her rapist(s).

• A woman's testimony in court, allowed in property cases, carries ½ the weight of a man's.

• A female heir inherits half of what a male heir inherits.

• A woman cannot drive a car, as it leads to fitnah (upheaval).

• A woman cannot speak alone to a man who is not her husband or relative.

• Meat to eat must come from animals that have been sacrificed to Allah - i.e., be "Halal".

• Muslims should engage in Taqiyya and lie to non-Muslims to advance Islam.

I don't know about you. But this sounds evil to me.

Edited by joshuap
  • Like 1

We are to respect one's religion. That is the first step in understanding. Without love there is no understanding. When you respect you can share.

To learn about one's religion is to make friends of those people.

We are to respect one's religion.

Please provide scriptural references.

God bless,

William

Sorry...the Bible is full of love and commands to love.

Romans 13:10

Love does no wrong to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the Law.

Sorry...the Bible is full of love and commands to love.

Romans 13:10

Love does no wrong to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the Law.

If I was a Muslim and wholehearted believed in Sharia Law, by quoting Romans 13:10, that could possibly be breaking Sharia Law, and you should be put to death for it. How can you love your neighbor, when he looks at you like the infidel and wants to kill you because of that.

Furthermore, I'm guessing you are female. How do you feel about clitoral mutilation? Sharia Law decrees that. Do you think we should understand and respect that as well?

• Girls' clitoris should be cut (Muhammed's words, Book 41, Kitab Al-Adab, Hadith 5251).

Love is the most difficult thing to to in this world. Man has never learnt to love although he knows to go to the moon.

Its a gift from God and the ability comes from God.

Christians are often fooled by thinking that God's command to love one another is only meaning another christian:D

When God commands us to love even our ennemies!

​​​​​​

“If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that. And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full. But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

– Luke 6:32-36 (NIV)

Christians are often fooled by thinking that God's command to love one another is only meaning another christian:D

You haven't answered the question. Read again, and tell me how you can rationalize loving they neighbor that wants to mutilate you based on the sole fact that you are a female. Can you love that? don't post another one liner reply. Answer that? Can you love a neighbor that is hell bent on killing a non muslim and wants to mutilate your private parts?

If I was a Muslim and wholehearted believed in Sharia Law, by quoting Romans 13:10, that could possibly be breaking Sharia Law, and you should be put to death for it. How can you love your neighbor, when he looks at you like the infidel and wants to kill you because of that.

Furthermore, I'm guessing you are female. How do you feel about clitoral mutilation? Sharia Law decrees that. Do you think we should understand and respect that as well?

Its indeed the command of God that you should obey if you are a christian.(willingly and feeling good in doing so) I cannot make you do so.

If you feel you don't feel good in doing so that is another prob.

The world of Islam finds the same way a lot of reason to not accept our ways to practize our religion.

Crusades and many more bad things done by the name of Christianity.

[h=1]Matthew 7:3-5New International Version (NIV)[/h]

3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

The difference between Islam and the other two great monotheistic faiths, Judaism and Christianity, is that Islam treats the Qu'ran and the literal word of God open to no revision or interpretation while the other two faiths believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God and hence open to interpretation on contextual study. The simplest difference can be seen viewing dropping a ball that hits the ground. In Islam, everything that transpires is through Allah's will so that the ball dropped to the ground because Allah willed it whereas the other two faiths believe that gravity is the driving force on why the ball hit the ground. Consequently, Sharia law is not open to interpretation.

That is not true. This is what the christian world says. At the same time the christian world uses The Bible litterally and interprets it how they see its best benefiting themselves.

The religion has always been used to serve the purpose of the greedy and fanatics. No more done by Islam than christianity, (In fact more done in christianity),its just made to look as if this was the case.

No more it is the fault of Islam that its the fault of christianity, its the fault of us. We as humans need to keep fair look at each one of us and see the truth.

I have many friends in islam world and they seem to be to my surprise more free in many ways than we in a christian world yet we are fed the contrary. IN many ways they seem more responsable for ex.what comes to the poor amongst us and that comes from their religion, the instructions. At the same time we christian world Europe are making laws that would give us right to neglect the poor totally.

In many ways, we as christians in this world do totally against what we believe in. Is it the fault of God? Is it the fault of Christianity?

At the same time in christian world so much good happening in the name of the religion, so does in Islam world. When the war broke out in Iraq Syria took millions of refugees without questioning.

(Syria not Islamic country but secularized) Now that we are to make our religion and its commands into practize whet is it that we doing? in the same situation?? You may give that a thaught today.

My point : human action can be seen separate from their religion??! Or where do you read in Bible about not helping the poor and needy as christian?

Still today in many parts of the world christians same way interpret the bible litterally (cults for ex.) The bad outcome is not reported as eagerly as when its happening in another religion ..don't you think? Well this is a little strange. Christianity is also used as bases in many very damaging religions as Scientology. Islam countries don't allow such, they consider that kind, good for you.

The extreem right parties of the world right now are busy becoming "true christians" so not to not accept "false gods into their land" this also christian fanatism and misinterpretation of the christianity.

Good day to you all

Christians are often fooled by thinking that God's command to love one another is only meaning another christian.
Take a look at this . . .
A new commandment I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so also you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are My disciples
Christians are supposed to love each other the way Christ loved them. It's this love that would interest people who weren't Christian and who in their quest to find out why Christians were different (they'd) learn about Christ and they'd get saved.

We are to respect one's religion. That is the first step in understanding. Without love there is no understanding. When you respect you can share.

To learn about one's religion is to make friends of those people.

Are we supposed to respect a religion that teaches things that are contrary to God's will? We are commanded to love our neighbor as ourselves. If our neighbor has been deceived by a false religion the only way to show him love is to warn him of what he is doing. We are to show love but we must always speak the truth.

Speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ.

(Ephesians 4:15 ESV)

The only way we can show love to our Muslim neighbors is to show them that they have been deceived by Satan and that they need to put their faith in Christ if they want to have eternal life.

As someone who has read both the Bible and Qu'ran, there is a subtle but important difference that is often overlooked when comparing the two.

When you point to the Bible and the Crusades, the Bible does not actually advocate what was done in the crusades. As pointed out in this very topic, it condemns it. Let's be specific and contemporary. I can easily show you many verses in the Bible that condemn acts of homosexuality. I can show you that God disapproves of Homosexuality in the Bible. I defy you to show anywhere in the New Testament where Christians are commanded to kill (or even attack) homosexuals. Those who teach that Christians must punish homosexuals have misinterpreted scripture or simply made teaching up that have no basis in the word of God.

We often assume that this is the same with the Qu'ran. It is not. Those 'Radical Islamists' who behead people and murder other Muslims and kill civilians are actually doing EXACTLY what the Qu'ran and the Hadith (like our Apostolic letters for Islam) teach all Muslims should do. Those Muslims who claim Islam is a religion of peace are either following Step One of Mohammad's plan of conquest as recorded in the sacred writings - lie to the infidels to gain their trust while you are numerically weak - or they follow a form of Islam that views the Qu'ran like the Jehovah's Witnesses view the Bible ... a hoplessly misunderstood book that needs to be completely reinterpreted to mean the opposite of what the Hadith say it means.

It is unfair to compare someone who lies about what the Bible teaches to someone who tells the truth about what the Qu'ran teaches and say ... "See, there is no difference between Christianity and Islam."

The Bible DOES teach us to love and the Qu'ran DOES teach them to hate.

The difference is inherent in the core message of Jesus and Mohammad.

• Like 1

When you point to the Bible and the Crusades, the Bible does not actually advocate what was done in the crusades. As pointed out in this very topic, it condemns it.

Just pointing out that there are many articles throughout this forum on the Crusades. Mainly in the Christian history section. Whether the Crusades were justified is another topic, but I will say that Government is ordained to wield the sword in order to actively combat evil (even during a time when there was no separation of church and state). Lastly, the Crusades were a response to a few hundred year Jihad. For centuries Christians were persecuted to death, taken into slavery, and our women raped, for centuries Christians followed pacifism.... the Crusades were a delayed response to Christian persecution.

God bless,

William

• Like 1

And when they confront you by saying the same about your religion what then? Automatically you close the door to understanding. If the religion what your neighbour practises is not the same as yours do you authorize yourself to tell him he is fooled by Satan? In history christian missionaries systematically ignored many areas where Islam was a religion that is why they never heard about your God.

If you say to someone you are possessed with Satan how openly he is going to believe you about your truth?:D

With love we can be wise too.

Who was it that first loved you? Who has made you path FIRST before you was even born? Christ did and he died for your sins.

What are you ready to sacrifice of your truth to someone who does not know? telling him he is fooled by SAtan?

Were you not you fooled by Satan yourself too? before you found truth? And how did God approach to you ? with love or with judgement?

Just pointing out that there are many articles throughout this forum on the Crusades. Mainly in the Christian history section. Whether the Crusades were justified is another topic, but I will say that Government is ordained to wield the sword in order to actively combat evil (even during a time when there was no separation of church and state). Lastly, the Crusades were a response to a few hundred year Jihad. For centuries Christians were persecuted to death, taken into slavery, and our women raped, for centuries Christians followed pacifism.... the Crusades were a delayed response to Christian persecution.

God bless,

William

Fair enough.

The Inquisition might have been a better example.

(I suspect you don't have a topic advocating conversion by torture.) :)

• Like 1

Fair enough.

The Inquisition might have been a better example.

(I suspect you don't have a topic advocating conversion by torture.) :)

No. However, I would like to point out that the numbers are often conflated. There's a difference between being persecuted and being put to death. There were roughly 3000-10000 actually put to death in 700 years or less than 14 people per year during the Inquisitions. This isn't to justify the number, any one life is a loss of life, but the numbers are usually conflated to represent millions in order to support secular narratives.

God bless

William

• Like 1

@mstone

First I'd like to say that I agree with you on your points that all Christians should love and pray for their enemies. I question however, your ability to differentiate between how that looks in different offices. For example, if a Christian is serving in the military, what you're suggesting would be considered as aiding and betting the enemy. In the office of Judge, if a Judge were to turn the blind cheek to an injustice justice would not be served. Again, I agree with your use of Scripture in some parts, but I believe you are misapplying them in some cases. In the office of Missions and Evangelism you are asking people to ignore 2 John 1:10.

God bless,

William

• Like 1

And when they confront you by saying the same about your religion what then? Automatically you close the door to understanding. If the religion what your neighbor practices is not the same as yours do you authorize yourself to tell him he is fooled by Satan? In history christian missionaries systematically ignored many areas where Islam was a religion that is why they never heard about your God.

If you say to someone you are possessed with Satan how openly he is going to believe you about your truth?:D

With love we can be wise too.

Who was it that first loved you? Who has made you path FIRST before you was even born? Christ did and he died for your sins.

What are you ready to sacrifice of your truth to someone who does not know? telling him he is fooled by SAtan?

Were you not you fooled by Satan yourself too? before you found truth? And how did God approach to you ? with love or with judgement?

As a Christian converted from Atheism, I completely agree about the need for love.

However, it would not have been 'love' to stand up and publicly claim "Atheists may have just as valid a point as Christians, perhaps there is a God and perhaps there is not. We should all just live in peace."

To advocate broad general acceptance for people whose belief is to enslave or kill you seems foolish. Calling them 'Satan' will certainly not win any friends, but the evidence suggests that Islam is indeed an EVIL religion, just as White Supremacy is inherently an EVIL political movement. If we fail to call Evil, as Evil, we become accomplices in the spread of its evil. It is a religion that teaches lies and deception as a path to conquest. It is in many ways the antipathy of Christianity.

Have you read what Islam actually teaches?

Not the sound bytes on TV or the biased websites for and against.

Read the actual Qu'ran and Hadith and read about how some verses in the Qu'ran negate earlier verses. There are study guides, in English for Muslims that help you follow which verses have been overwritten by which verses. Guess what, all of the peaceful verses that people like to quote, either apply ONLY to other Muslims or have been overwritten.

Remember, Islam teaches that neighbor that you are attempting to be friends with that:

They can pretend to be friends with a non-Muslim, but are forbidden from having non-Muslim friends.

God wants them to lie to you.

They will be killed if they question any of the truths of Islam.

So good luck building those bridges of trust and understanding. (I really mean that ... it will require the blessing of God to achieve).

[As an aside: After I read the Qu'ran and Hadith and concluded that Islam was NOT just another religion, but was actually something EVIL ... I joked with God that I guess I wasn't called to be a missionary to the Muslim world. God showed his sense of humor by converting a Muslim and bringing him into our Men's Bible Study and he brought two others who have spent hours asking questions that I can answer because I have read the Qu'ran and Hadith and know the difference between what Islam teaches and what the Bible teaches. Mostly I just explain Christian concepts using similar concepts from Islam ... "it is like when Mohammad was at Medina and ... only a little different". Fortunately, my previous Baptist Pastor did his PhD on some detail of the trinity, so I got lots of teaching on the Trinity to help explain it without falling into the more common heresies. They wanted to ask about the Triune God. That really bothered them.]

• Like 2

The fact is that each one of us gets verses from the Bible that they favour. To me God is love and there is no dabate there i believe?

Now how we each indevidual show love depends on our ablity to do so. There are people in this world who kill and say they did favour to God in doing so.

We as humans are sad cases in many ways. We are quick to judge and slow to love. And it should be according to Bible the other way round.

BUt then again one cannot be made to do something he is not capable of. I personally believe God will give me the strenght and He has aways given ...if i'm ready to love unconditionally.

Again Jesus Christ died on the cross for you..what are you ready to do for Him?

In spreading peace, understanding, love aren't they in your opinion the qualities we are to use to make others to see who is our God and what qualities He has ?

Personally i avoid judgement if possible. I like to spread acceptance, love, understanding instead, it is far more beneficial for me and my life.

Again Christ died for your sins.! He gave his life ! Did you deserve it?

If Christ is your example then aren't you even to die for someone so that he can live?