The Protestant Community

Welcome to Christforums the Protestant Community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. You'll also enjoy sharing media across multiple platforms. We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christforums

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy. God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now
Sign in to follow this  
oportosanto

A believer

Ever since I was a kid that this society and world didn't make much sense as I saw that everything was unfair. Somewhat later I realized that there is a superior world that makes this one more understandable and that Christ was here to lead the way. Looking forward to chat with you all!

there is a superior world that makes this one more understandable and that Christ was here to lead the way.

Christ does more than lead the way. He is the way. I hope that you will spend enough time on this forum so we can make the difference clear to you.

Thank you all for the welcome my friends. I do think I understand the difference between leading the way and being the way. I guess you mean that we need to live inside ourselves what Christ represented externally 2000 years ago am I right?

Thank you all for the welcome my friends. I do think I understand the difference between leading the way and being the way. I guess you mean that we need to live inside ourselves what Christ represented externally 2000 years ago am I right?

I think the difference is more basic than that.

If Christ LEADS the way, then we need to FOLLOW in order to reach God. This is a call to do what Jesus did in order to be Holy. We are now Jehovah's Witnesses or any other religion based on works of Human goodness.

If Christ IS the way, then we need to go THROUGH Christ in order to reach God. This is a call to accept and acknowledge GRACE (unearned favor) from God given through Christ. Now we are Christians.

I think that is the difference he was thinking of.