The Protestant Community

Welcome to Christforums the Protestant Community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. You'll also enjoy sharing media across multiple platforms. We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christforums

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy. God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now
Sign in to follow this  
William

Driscoll Plants The Trinity Church, Phoenix

Since his ouster from Mars Hill shortly before its implosion and death (although Driscoll says God audibly told him to leave), Driscoll has been speaking at almost exclusively hyper-charismatic and word-of-faith institutions. We reported on Driscoll speaking soon at Furtick’s leadership conference with Perry Noble (source link), his appearance with Hillsong’s Brian Houston in which he apologized for ever criticizing Joel Osteen (source link), his appearance at a Missouri Assembly of God megachurch (source link), his appearance with prosperity teacher Robert Morris (source link) and more. Pulpit & Pen predicted that Driscoll would be going more charismatic and less Reformed (source link) because, as most people know, the charismatic movement is to spiritual ne’er-do-wells what Harlan County is to Boyd Crowder (yes, I just made a pop-culture reference).

Read More: Driscoll Plants the Trinity Church in Phoenix

I wonder how long it will be before he has opposition. There is already a website and pastors against him online.

Driscoll has been speaking at almost exclusively hyper-charismatic and word-of-faith institutions

Driscoll knows what it takes to start a mega-church, which is selling what people want, not what God has. His move from semi-Reformed to far-Charismatic shows that he's doubling down on that mega-church strategy. His last church was a "non-denominational" fiasco that crashed and burned when he resigned. It was a multi-site church with at least a dozen locations. After Discoll left, there remained 11 independent churches, and I assume most of them have closed or will soon close.

• Like 1

Have you read this:

If one judges a given behavior to be biblically lawful, relationally helpful, and non-addictive, then it is permissible for Christians to participate in that activity. Among the activities that the authors deem permissible within this taxonomy are masturbation, felatio/cunnilingus, sodomy (on both spouses), menstrual sex, role-playing, sex toys, birth control, cosmetic surgery, cybersex, and sexual medication. - My review of Driscoll's Real Marriage

When I first heard of Mark Driscoll I went to Youtube and go figure, I saw a video where he said something along the lines of God told me to sodomize my wife. That was it for me.