The Protestant Community

Welcome to Christforums the Protestant Community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. You'll also enjoy sharing media across multiple platforms. We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christforums

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy. God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now
Sign in to follow this  
pastor marty

pastor marty says "hello"

Curious, which seminary did you attend, Pastor Marty? That is, if I may ask and you are comfortable with divulging such information on the net? Care to share a little more about yourself?

Thanks for joining us,

God bless,

William

Rev. Will. This is a convoluted tale. Beginning at Ball St. U. in Muncie,Ind where I enrolled in 1966. I left college for what I think is the last time in 2014,(3 yrs.,my choice,grades irrelevant), But I accidentally kept a 4.0 in Philo.,various religion courses,ethics,psych,(yadda-yadda),all the ethereal stuff.My schoolin' was secular. My prof an ordn. 'Friends' Minister/ full on Dr. of about everything, as well as world class archeologist,( takes select students 2 N. Africa/Holy- Land each summer.Chris Jakway by name.Became Christian Motorcycle Assn. pastor 'cause nobody else wanted the job,1988.Got official papers so I could legally marry folks online.(Ya know,you can get a degree from Harvard like that nowadays ?) Sent a thesis 2 a monastery, close 2 the Yakima Res.in Wash. Expected nuthin'; just wanted someone 2 know what I believe. Yr. later, I get this really cool heavy duty diploma lookin thing w/gold trim,official seals & stuff w/my name & honorary Dr. on it. I guess because my epistles/5 spiral notebooks full of poems,prose,prayers, & compilation of thoughts on mans relationship w/GOD musta' impressed them. Who was I ,2 argue ? Kids w/talk 2 an old guy in a 40 yr. old black leather jacket w/an air-brushed pic. of 'Mighty-Mouse' on the back, a lot sooner than 2 geek mormon missionary's or yer' average strait-laced ,"hellfire&damnation" pulpit-pounder. At least I have found it 2/B so. My typin' fingers (both of them) are gettin' tired. Thanks 4 askin ! PAX; KUZIN'-----marty

• Like 1

Ya know,you can get a degree from Harvard like that nowadays ?

Yes, I have been approached by out of country institutions or schools that promise an online doctorate. They are not constrained to the same academic standards as they exists here in the states. I believe the person was trying to help, suggesting that if I acquired one people would be more likely to listen to me, and thus, the website would do better.

For the record I am not a Rev. nor Elder. :)

I betcha you're just a real hoot in life, eh Pastor Marty?

Glad you are here, brother.

God bless,

William

Bro. Will; W/UR knowledge U should at least B/teaching a Bible class somewhere. Besides,"Rabbi" means teacher,so elder or rev. is appropriate (even if not officially sanctioned).I thought someone must B/playin' a prank 2,but I checked & them Morks (oops,I mean Monks) are legal & certified & actually got a placed 2 hide from the real world. Alltho asking a semi-heathen like me 2 submit a dissertation & expecting a coherent reply is a major 'leap o'faith'. & I didn;t even use 'cliff-notes'. I'ts pushin' noon,got places 2 go, people 2 annoy. Catch ya' later ! JESUS loves us; lets make sure were worthy ! (thought 4 --2/day) PAX...marty

• Like 1