This form provides us with the opportunity to address any questions or concerns that you may have.

The Satire board

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Satire board

Is there any way to show which forums posts are in on the Activity pages (New Topics and Today's Posts)?

I noticed people don't tend to realise when they are posting about threads in the satire board, and then I noticed that these threads aren't marked as satire on those pages, so any users who check those first wouldn't realise it wasn't serious.

I was just looking back on the Home to see what all the catagories are -- If there's a Satire board -- it's not recognizable.

Apparently there's a newspaper that deals with 'satire' -- the articles Do sound legitimate. Seems like in this day and age -- most Anything is believable -- if not very sad.
    Comment>

Originally posted by ChatterBox View Post
      Is there any way to show which forums posts are in on the Activity pages (New Topics and Today's Posts)?

I noticed people don't tend to realise when they are posting about threads in the satire board, and then I noticed that these threads aren't marked as satire on those pages, so any users who check those first wouldn't realise it wasn't serious.
      They do show in both new topics, today's posts and the activity page. And when viewing an article the "Breadcrumbs" show exactly where one is on the board:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bread Crumb.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	42413

Originally posted by Sue D. View Post
      I was just looking back on the Home to see what all the catagories are -- If there's a Satire board -- it's not recognizable.
      It is a sub-forum located under Current Events:

Name:	Home Page.jpg
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	42414

God bless,
      William
      Comment>

@ William -- Thank you. :)
        Comment>

@ William -- Thank you. :)
          Actually -- my Forum headings have - under the Main headings

Home -- Main Forums-- Community Information -- (your's has General Discussion instead) --- Updates and Information -- Suggestions and Questions

Yours has Current events and Christian Satire in place of updates and suggestions.
          Comment>

Actually -- my Forum headings have - under the Main headings

Home -- Main Forums-- Community Information -- (your's has General Discussion instead) --- Updates and Information -- Suggestions and Questions

Yours has Current events and Christian Satire in place of updates and suggestions.

Okay -- I've found it -- just a bit different setting. :)
            Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post
              They do show in both new topics, today's posts and the activity page. And when viewing an article the "Breadcrumbs" show exactly where one is on the board:
              I think you mistook my point. On the new Activity pages, the forum threads show their title, but not which forum they are in. Anyone coming in for a quick browse from those pages, or posting off the title, won't know the difference between a satire post and a news post. I was wondering whether labelling them on the Activity page would stop so many people getting taken in, because if you visit the satire board there's a disturbing number of people taking the threads seriously. It looks as though not every user checks the breadcrumb on the thread they have just gone to.

If you go to Activity and click New Topics you'll see the page I mean.
              Comment>

Here's the New Topics:

Name:	new topics.jpg
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	42490

And here's the Activity page:

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Size:	167.0 KB
ID:	42491

They both are clearly marked. Point taken though, I look into doing something special just for the Satire Board.

God bless,
                William
                Comment>

This might be a permissions thing because that doesn't show up for me. I get the topic title and a line underneath saying who started it and when. Do you know somewhere online I can drop an image to show you?

I've PM'd you a screenshot of New Topics.
                  Comment>

How's this, the satire threads now have highlighted descriptions:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Highlight.jpg Views:	1 Size:	144.2 KB ID:	42499

God bless,
                    William
                    Comment>

Thank you. Still not sure why it isn't showing the forum names under the post titles for me.

Now please let this stop the first three posts in a satire thread being people taking it seriously, someone pointing out it is satire, and then someone asking what satire is. The pattern was getting to me!
                      Comment>

Originally posted by ChatterBox View Post
                        Thank you. Still not sure why it isn't showing the forum names under the post titles for me.

Now please let this stop the first three posts in a satire thread being people taking it seriously, someone pointing out it is satire, and then someone asking what satire is. The pattern was getting to me!
                        LOL, and I found it quite amusing!

God bless,
                        William
                        Comment>
                        Working...
                        X
                        Articles - News - SiteMap