This form provides us with the opportunity to address any questions or concerns that you may have.

An observation about sub forum names.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An observation about sub forum names.

I noticed that there is a sub forum called "Roman Catholicism" and it got me wondering "for whom is that forum intended?" it certainly would not be the go to place if one were a member of the Ruthenian Catholic Church, the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church, or the Syriac Maronite Church of Antioch and it is not particularly attractive to me and I am a Catholic who attends at a Roman rite parish church. May I suggest that the sub forum be retitled as "Catholicism" or maybe "Catholic"?

Thanks for the input peppermint.

If, membership and interests grows in the Roman Catholic forum category, I am open to extending it or breaking it down into further sub-groups. As for now, your options are Roman Catholicism and "other". Also, if you wish to disassociate yourself with Roman Catholicism there's a denomination field in your profile which can easily be used to list your particular affiliation.

I can understand your distinction, being a Reformed Presbyterian I tend to disassociate myself from the PCUSA. The same issues could be said in the Presbyterian category.

As is now, I will not be making any changes to the categories at this time for SEO reasons. The url structure would be changed and it would impact our listings for that particular forum and articles already made in the SERPS.

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

I am not an expert on search engine optimisations (SEO) so I will not comment on that subject and search engine results pages (SERPS) for "Roman Catholic" would not be of great interest to Catholics - though I dare say some Catholics might type in "Roman Catholic" if they were happy to receive a great many entries that represent sites hostile to the Catholic faith but I do think that the longer one leaves the sub-forum under the name "Roman Catholic" the greater the inertia to leave it unchanged I suppose that eventually it will become so entrenched that renaming will be almost automatically ruled out.
      Comment>

Originally posted by peppermint View Post
        renaming will be almost automatically ruled out.

Actually, you just gave me an idea. I can create a 301 redirect rule and automatically redirect all former urls to the new ones. I'll keep a note of it for consideration. I'll have to decide which route to go.

God bless,
        William
        Comment>

Is it complicated to do what you've mentioned?
          Comment>

The Roman Catholicism category has now been renamed Catholicism. I was able to change the category name without affecting the url structure.

God bless,
            William
            Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post
              The Roman Catholicism category has now been renamed Catholicism. I was able to change the category name without affecting the url structure.

God bless,
              William
              [FONT=trebuchet ms][SIZE=16px]Good move :) [/SIZE][/FONT]
              Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post

God bless,
                William
                Thank you William
                Comment>

Thank you for mentioning this change.
                  Comment>
                  Working...
                  X
                  Articles - News - SiteMap