This form provides us with the opportunity to address any questions or concerns that you may have.

Banned?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Banned?

    I see under some peoples avatar it says banned. Does this mean they are not allowed to post on CF any more? I have answered some and all of a sunnden it hit me , is this what I think it means?

    I am a little slow to catch on so please help a Missouri person, remember our state motto...."Show Me" and that's me.


    justme

  • #2
    Originally posted by justme View Post
    I see under some peoples avatar it says banned. Does this mean they are not allowed to post on CF any more? I have answered some and all of a sunnden it hit me, is this what I think it means?
    That is what it means.

    Comment>

    • #3
      Originally posted by justme View Post
      I see under some peoples avatar it says banned. Does this mean they are not allowed to post on CF any more? I have answered some and all of a sunnden it hit me , is this what I think it means?

      I am a little slow to catch on so please help a Missouri person, remember our state motto...."Show Me" and that's me.


      justme
      Feel encouraged to respond to a banned member's post. Most often the post is going to be unorthodox, so it would probably help others to address it. Just remember, if you ask any questions they will not be able to respond.

      On another note, we have banned around a handful of people this week. The number 1 reason that has occurred is because they do not directly respond to anyone, but instead talk in circles or use the board as a soap box. How rude would it be for a teacher at a bible study to present his case and then ask for engagement through discussion, dialogue and debate, only for him to ignore you and not address what you say? I'm sure you would stop attending a bible study like that as would I.

      Our simple engagement here in this thread Justme (between us) is what is considered acceptable behavior. Members do not have to necessarily agree on every theological point, however, there are degrees of orthodoxy and unorthodoxy. Some truth is essential to the Christian faith, while others are non essential. Some unorthodoxy is just a waste of time to address (hypotheticals), while other unorthodoxy is damaging to the Christian faith. Some things we can ignore, but other things and the people which speak such things are said in Scripture for us not to entertain (the fool) or even to give a place in our homes (2 John 1:10).

      God bless,
      William
      Comment>

      • #4
        I would like to build just a bit upon William excellent and well thought out comments.

        Fact, this is a Biblically based forum. We cannot allow anyone to claim that their message supersede that of the Scriptures. Now there is room for discussion and debate on Biblical issues. We are not all in the same place on the path. Some are a head, some are behind, and some are walking beside us but we are all headed, hopefully, in the same direction. Thus we cannot always fault someone for not knowing what we know, for not believing what we believe, or not studying as much some have. However when it comes to a person who claims that God Himself told me such and such. That cannot stand.
        Comment>

        • #5
          When I have seen people make posts I suspect are heretical, I try to ask questions which would clarify their position. Sometimes, people may misspeak, and sometimes they are promoting full blown heresy. It's necessary to understand which is which.
          Comment>

          • #6
            Gosh, thanks for everyone who responded! That's one special thing I really respect is how William & Origen and others give information sh quickly. Thank you all.

            I have one more question; there is another web site that uses close to your name Christian Forums. Are you connected in any way to then? I had a serious issue with them. From all I see you are not anything like that web site.
            Comment>

            • #7
              Originally posted by justme View Post
              Gosh, thanks for everyone who responded! That's one special thing I really respect is how William & Origen and others give information sh quickly. Thank you all.

              I have one more question; there is another web site that uses close to your name Christian Forums. Are you connected in any way to then? I had a serious issue with them. From all I see you are not anything like that web site.
              No affiliation whatsoever.

              Though we do own Christianforums.org, christforums.com, christforums.net, reformedchristianity.org and many more domains which all point back to this one site: christforums.org.

              God bless,
              William
              Comment>

              • #8
                Willian but Christian forums.co is also a site owned and opperated by the Seventhday Adventists, and do you have a connection with them? I am a little confused.


                Justme
                Comment>

                • #9
                  Originally posted by justme View Post
                  Willian but Christian forums.co is also a site owned and opperated by the Seventhday Adventists, and do you have a connection with them? I am a little confused.


                  Justme
                  That has nothing to do with us. Our domains are listed above, this site has no connection with Christianforums [.COM].
                  Comment>

                  • #10
                    Originally posted by justme View Post
                    Willian but Christian forums.co is also a site owned and opperated by the Seventhday Adventists, and do you have a connection with them? I am a little confused.


                    Justme
                    I think that the owner of Christianforums.com is a Methodist.

                    Comment>

                    • #11
                      Originally posted by William View Post

                      That has nothing to do with us. Our domains are listed above, this site has no connection with Christianforums [.COM].
                      am very pleased with that! I found that just about anyone or any idea or christian or pagan is allowed. I still post once and great while there. The other forum I belonged to for almost 15 years closed recently The Study Bible Forum which was sponsored by the Lockman Foundation which is the New American Standard Bible publishers. The SBF just lost so many peoples interest. So it was ended as it should have been.


                      justme
                      Comment>

                      • #12
                        Originally posted by justme View Post

                        am very pleased with that! I found that just about anyone or any idea or christian or pagan is allowed. I still post once and great while there. The other forum I belonged to for almost 15 years closed recently The Study Bible Forum which was sponsored by the Lockman Foundation which is the New American Standard Bible publishers. The SBF just lost so many peoples interest. So it was ended as it should have been.


                        justme

                        I know what you mean. Some "Christian" forums are not "Christian" forums. They are misnamed.
                        Comment>

                        • #13
                          Originally posted by thatbrian View Post

                          I know what you mean. Some "Christian" forums are not "Christian" forums. They are misnamed.
                          Just like a lot of churches. ;)
                          Clyde Herrin's Blog
                          Comment>

                          • #14
                            Originally posted by justme View Post
                            I see under some peoples avatar it says banned. Does this mean they are not allowed to post on CF any more? I have answered some and all of a sunnden it hit me , is this what I think it means?

                            I am a little slow to catch on so please help a Missouri person, remember our state motto...."Show Me" and that's me.


                            justme
                            Yes. Satan doesn't like it when members talk about things in Christ that he doesn't understand. If he doesn't understand, then he uses his rules that he made to ban the member. Satan hates Christ with a passion.
                            Comment>

                            • #15
                              Originally posted by I777 View Post

                              Yes. Satan doesn't like it when members talk about things in Christ that he doesn't understand. If he doesn't understand, then he uses his rules that he made to ban the member. Satan hates Christ with a passion.
                              G'day I777

                              I'd be willing to bet Satan's understanding of Scripture surpasses most everyone. Satan is far to clever to present an elementary argument like "the bible isn't true". Take for example what Satan argued from Scripture to Christ Jesus! “If you are the Son of God, throw yourself down, for it is written: He will give his angels charge of you” (Matthew 4:6).

                              Satan is a master craftsman by design, and completely capable of accomplishing his mission. The one thing I have learned is not to believe everyone that can quote a Scriptural text. Church history has shown us many heretics and cults that have twisted the word of God. I'm sure Satan is quite happy with modern Evangelism and its streams of Prosperity Doctrines and various doctrines which suggest that God is not soverign over our salvation, let alone the teaching that a Christian can do whatever he/she pleases and be saved.

                              God bless,
                              William
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap