This form provides us with the opportunity to address any questions or concerns that you may have.

Some errors on the website

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some errors on the website

Sometimes there are errors. In other words, pages won't display, but instead show an error message. I'm wondering, if it's not being nosy, what kind of hosting you guys use. Perhaps you need a different provider or a more powerful plan. I understand though that your website depends on donations, so site improvement might be difficult.

Originally posted by Jason76 View Post
    Sometimes there are errors. In other words, pages won't display, but instead show an error message. I'm wondering, if it's not being nosy, what kind of hosting you guys use. Perhaps you need a different provider or a more powerful plan. I understand though that your website depends on donations, so site improvement might be difficult.
    I was working on the site just a little bit ago and an upgrade went south. Things should be straightened out now, though the server surprised me by displaying a 500 error. When I checked the logs it said the server was running out of resources. The update that went bad on me is supposed to fix some problems in the Vbulletin software, which makes too many requests and puts too much load on the server.

I'll have to wait until the official release, as the update I tried earlier was an Alpha release and not meant to be installed on a "live" site. For FYI, our current server runs 4 CPUS and 6 GIGS of RAM.

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Possibly you need a larger server. My forums operate on a larger server than what is needed to give them breathing room. Anyhow, I'm not sure how forum software relates to this subject. It would be nice to know ways to optimize the forum software to use less memory and disk space. So far, Iv'e just focused on buying more hosting space.
      Comment>
      Working...
      X
      Articles - News - SiteMap