This form provides us with the opportunity to address any questions or concerns that you may have.

Why is the topics content hidden for guests?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is the topics content hidden for guests?

Why is the topics content hidden for guests and search engines?

I believe it is to force them to register to participate.
    (It is nice to know who is visiting).
    Comment>

This is the reason.

Christian Forums -Christforums
      Clyde Herrin's Blog
      Comment>

Content is no longer hidden from guests. I have reviewed the stats after a month of hiding content from guests and seen no improvement in user signups. I suppose it may only frustrate people and deter them.

God bless,
        William
        Comment>

I think you made the right decision. I know that if I visited this forum for the first time and wasn't able to read the threads I wouldn't even consider joining it. I suspect there are others who feel the same way.
          Clyde Herrin's Blog
          Comment>

Yes I think it's better to allow contents visible to guests and search engines. Some people maybe motivated to register by just stopping by to read about the topics or matters being discussed. If they can't see to read, they may not have the idea of what's happening here.
            Comment>

Originally posted by tony View Post
              Yes I think it's better to allow contents visible to guests and search engines. Some people maybe motivated to register by just stopping by to read about the topics or matters being discussed. If they can't see to read, they may not have the idea of what's happening here.
              Search engines were always able to read the site and listed the pages. The trick I implemented blurred the font to make it unreadable to guest through CSS which the Crawlers ignore. Just think of it as a watermark for text instead of a picture.

Thanks though for the advice, I agree with you, Tony.

God bless,
              William
              Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post

Search engines were always able to read the site and listed the pages. The trick I implemented blurred the font to make it unreadable to guest through CSS which the Crawlers ignore. Just think of it as a watermark for text instead of a picture.

Thanks though for the advice, I agree with you, Tony.

God bless,
                William
                How did you make that? It sounds very interesting. Does it work for other scripts besides vBulletin?
                Comment>
                Working...
                X
                Articles - News - SiteMap