This form provides us with the opportunity to address any questions or concerns that you may have.

Recent Changes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Changes

I noticed some changes that were implemented recently and would like to provide some feedback. I actually kind of liked the old way notifications were shown. Where you had a little indicator in the top right of the screen and could open a little list of the recent things that were happening, rather than clicking through to another screen. Also, I liked the way the Home, Blogs, Rules, and Belief links were in the header of the site, which always stayed there. It was helpful because it was easier to navigate back to the home screen rather than having to scroll all the way back up to the top of the page.

Agreed.
    Comment>

Thanks for your inputs!

Unfortunately, there is a forum software update that adds new features which are incompatible with the old "social bar". The old social bar has not been updated by the 3rd party company in some time. Vbulletin has added a private messaging or chat system to the software. Members will be able to click another user opening a private messaging window. The old social bar was unable to display its functionality. At this moment I have the messaging system disabled, because I am working on the current menu system. Sometime today I will enable the old social bar again until the official release of Vbulletin 5.2.3. Currently we are testing and operating on a release candidate.

God bless,
      William
      Comment>

Hey look there it is again. Thanks.
        Comment>

Originally posted by Knotical View Post
          Hey look there it is again. Thanks.
          It is temporary.... I just wrote the 3rd party developer seeing if they will be updating the bar. I have a choice of not enabling the new instant chat/private messaging system or discontinuing the current social media bar. Hopefully things will fall into place.

God bless,
          William
          Comment>

Has there been a lot of requests for chat system?
            Comment>

Has there been a lot of requests for chat system?
              No. Actually, I think it can detract from forum engagement, though it will help with staff communication. As far as I aware, the ability of an individual to disable the instant chat is not yet an option. It may prove too bothersome for most members. When I communicate with staff though, I kinda get impatient waiting for a response, the instant chat should solve that problem.

God bless,
              William
              Comment>

Why not use an external solution, like one of the messenger apps from facebook, google, or yahoo?
                Comment>

Why not use an external solution, like one of the messenger apps from facebook, google, or yahoo?
                  If it is available through Vbulletin I would rather use native software. Like the issue with the social media bar, it is a real pain keeping up with software updates. When the core Vbulletin software is updated, I then have to turn and wait for the template company, and then any software developer products. It would be nice to have everything built into Vbulletin with the option of turning off what is not needed. So to answer your question, an external solution is not as desirable because of maintaining the software in relation to core software updates.

God bless,
                  William
                  Comment>

There was some added functionality to the floating bar when viewing a long thread. You can see it here: A drop down menu and a go to top button.

Click image for larger version

Name:	floating bar.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	20315

Comment>
                    Working...
                    X
                    Articles - News - SiteMap