This form provides us with the opportunity to address any questions or concerns that you may have.

Email Notification

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Email Notification

    Why do I get email notifications of posts to this topic, with a link that leads to "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page.
    Please try logging in or logging in as different user Login or send a message to the admin"?

  • #2
    Originally posted by Way of the Spirit View Post
    Why do I get email notifications of posts to this topic, with a link that leads to "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page.
    Please try logging in or logging in as different user Login or send a message to the admin"?
    G'day Way of the Spirit,

    Are you still receiving such notifications? Last night for a couple hours site maintenance was being done. Please lemme know if the emails persist, I'll then request you to forward one of them to me.

    God bless,
    William
    Comment>

    • #3
      Just for FYI, I believe the reason for the links saying such thing is because the forum was shut down when maintenance was performed. Only admins have access to the site during such time. More than likely, the emails were in queue, were sent out, but you did not have permission to access the thread because you are not an admin when the site was taken offline.

      God bless,
      William
      Comment>

      • #4
        I get them all the time, too.
        I think they are from topics that I posted on, but have been moved to some secure area.

        Is the Know your Pope topic still available? That was one that I got that message on last week.
        Comment>

        • #5
          Originally posted by atpollard View Post
          I get them all the time, too.
          I think they are from topics that I posted on, but have been moved to some secure area.

          Is the Know your Pope topic still available? That was one that I got that message on last week.
          Thanks Arthur,

          That too would explain it. Yes, Know your Pope was taken down. I ended up quite embarrassed when I learned the memes were not fact checked. They actually did not originate from a Christian website, but a non Christian affiliated site, or at least I do not see any evidence of Christian affiliation. In the memes some truth was mixed in with falsehood.

          God bless,
          William
          Comment>

          • #6
            WIlliam, I wanna tell you one thing more that earlier I received two fake messages who say they are in trouble and they want to store money. They need my bank account no. Actually, I do not have a bank account as a teen. When I searched the address, they were found to be very popular among fake emailers.
            Comment>

            • #7
              Originally posted by motirattan View Post
              WIlliam, I wanna tell you one thing more that earlier I received two fake messages who say they are in trouble and they want to store money. They need my bank account no. Actually, I do not have a bank account as a teen. When I searched the address, they were found to be very popular among fake emailers.
              Hello Moti,

              Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

              Be sure to report private messages such as these. We have changed our policy so hopefully you're not experiencing this anymore. To use the private message system a member is required to make a minimum amount of posts. If you receive these types of messages either forward them to me, report them, or post the users name in the "chat with staff" sub-forum located in the News And Announcements category.

              God bless,
              William
              Comment>

              • #8
                Thanks William, it was when at beginning of my joiningof Christ Forums. I'm not receiving now.
                Comment>

                • #9
                  Originally posted by motirattan View Post
                  Thanks William, it was when at beginning of my joiningof Christ Forums. I'm not receiving now.
                  Could have been a coincidence.
                  Happens a lot, particularly with 'Hotmail' accounts, and with those who do a lot of of open 'group' emailing without using the BC facility.
                  Comment>
                  Working...
                  X
                  Articles - News - SiteMap