This form provides us with the opportunity to address any questions or concerns that you may have.

Spell Checker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spell Checker

Not sure if I am overlooking some sort of function on this site, but when I misspell a word (doesn't happen often, of course) but on the rare occassion it does a red squiggly line appears below it. Normally, on other sites I am able to right click on the word and get the suggested correct spelling. However, on this site all I get is a popup menu that gives me options to cut, copy, paste, etc... How do you use the spell check feature on this website without copying the word into something else to get the suggested spelling?

Originally posted by Knotical View Post
    Not sure if I am overlooking some sort of function on this site, but when I misspell a word (doesn't happen often, of course) but on the rare occassion it does a red squiggly line appears below it. Normally, on other sites I am able to right click on the word and get the suggested correct spelling. However, on this site all I get is a popup menu that gives me options to cut, copy, paste, etc... How do you use the spell check feature on this website without copying the word into something else to get the suggested spelling?
    Hello Knotical,

This is a known issue with our ckeditor that will be updated in our next forum revision. Ckeditor's long awaited update will also take care of various compatibility issues with the Microsoft Edge browser. As is at the moment the spell checker doesn't always function, unless you post a thread then go back to edit it, which then it almost always functions.
    Comment>

I upgraded the site last night. We're now running on an Alpha release which isn't recommended. I notice that there are some differences in the editor's icons and mislabeling, but the ckeditor has been updated. Spell checker is now working for me in Firefox.

Some additional information on the ckeditor's update:

Significant work has been made to update ckEditor in the system to the latest series. Within this work, it is currently available to iOS devices. We would like to request that people with iOS devices test the ckEditor and rich text formatting so we can determine whether to go forward with this functionality or turn it off for iOS once again.

Editor Autogrow
      We use functionality to autogrow the editor as you type. Currently this can cause the editor's toolbar to scroll off the screen. We have made changes to the functionality to keep the toolbar on the screen as much as possible. As you type, the editor will grow to the bottom of the screen and stop. If you scroll down, it will grow until it fills the screen. If you resize the screen, the editor will readjust to fit. If you would like an editor area larger than your screen, you can adjust the size manually but clicking on the triangle in the lower right corner and dragging it.
      I'll update the editor when the next one is released. Until then I am posting the issues for the Ckeditor's buttons in the support forum.
      Comment>

Something odd has happened to the Advanced Editor.

The symbols do't fit what they actually do.

For example
        ? = Bold
        B = Italic
        X2 = Underline
        smiley face = Align Right
        etc.
        Comment>

Seems to be OK now. I wonder what happened. :(
          Comment>

Thank you for it!
            I also think that sometimes it is good that we can use spell-check built in our browsers, but not using it is also can be weird. And also I know that they usually keep refreshing things and updating the sites.
            Comment>

Originally posted by Bede View Post
              Seems to be OK now. I wonder what happened. :(
              Seems to have been a cache issue. I had experienced the same problem after upgrading, but now everything is correct.
              Comment>
              Working...
              X
              Articles - News - SiteMap