Technical information and announcements about our Christian forums.

Home Page Restyled

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Page Restyled

Check out the Home Page! Lots more information has been designed into the Home Page: Christforums' Home Page

Click image for larger version

Name:	Home Page.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	45024

God bless,
    William

If what I am seeing is typical, somebody has messed up their style sheets good and proper.

EDIT: I was viewing the new homepage on my iPad earlier. It seems okay on my desktop.
    Last edited by ThyWordisTruth; 08-01-2017, 02:32 PM.
    Comment>

Originally posted by ThyWordisTruth View Post
      If what I am seeing is typical, somebody has messed up their style sheets good and proper.

EDIT: I was viewing the new homepage on my iPad earlier. It seems okay on my desktop.
      It was a minor error. We use a Content Delivery Network. The header image was replaced but the CDN's cache was not cleared. It displayed the correct image to some places around the world and in others the wrong image was being displayed. These kinds of problems are sometimes difficult to trace when I do not see them for myself. Another member (two from Europe) reported the issue which led me finding what they had in common (Europe location) the CDN servers in that part of the world were caching the wrong image.

Just a note for myself: Be sure to clear the CDN's cache after performing CSS.

Thanks for heads up.

God bless,
      William
      Comment>

I'd like for you to shorten the titles on each featured page so that I can read the whole thing. Like, The Truth about....... and then it quits.
        Comment>

Originally posted by Winken View Post
          I'd like for you to shorten the titles on each featured page so that I can read the whole thing. Like, The Truth about....... and then it quits.
          Hi Winken,

Are you using a mobile device?

If you're using a mobile device, are you familiar with the mobile app Tapatalk?

If you're using a desktop the screen resolution you're using would greatly help me recreate the issues.

At my screen resolution on a desktop this is what I am seeing:

Click image for larger version  Name:	desktop.jpg Views:	1 Size:	134.2 KB ID:	46098

God bless,
          William
          Comment>

On the far right of my desktop screen the title of each post is cut in half. I think it is because of the column on the right.

I don't know what happened to my post about using a desktop computer.

Comment>

Originally posted by Winken View Post
              On the far right of my desktop screen the title of each post is cut in half. I think it is because of the column on the right.

I don't know what happened to my post about using a desktop computer.

I made some changes. The full titles should now be showing in both the last comment of a category and in the right column.

God bless,
              William
              Comment>

Works! Thanks!
                Comment>
                Working...
                X
                Articles - News - SiteMap