Technical information and announcements about our Christian forums.

We're Moving! Site Down Expected

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're Moving! Site Down Expected

We are transferring domains and migrating to our very own dedicated server with another hosting company. During which time the site may be down. I'm hoping that the transition will not be noticed, but worst scenario it could be down for a day from now until next Thursday.

God bless,
    William

Thanks for the heads up.
    Comment>

Looks like it went smoothly. Had some downtime on Code Shrek earlier myself from switching PHP versions and upgrading to vbulletin 5. William let me know on vbulletins website if you have an issue resetting your password. Sites back up now.

And sultantheme is making a new set of styles so possibly we'll change styles again but no more major changes for a good while. Just wanted to give you a heads up. I'll pop up from time to time and post on your site. Just been taking it easy. Good luck with Christ Forums!
      Comment>

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
        Looks like it went smoothly.
        We're still on the old Cloud server at the moment. Doesn't look like the domain transfers will happen until at least Thursday. While the domains are due to transfer I cannot point them to the new server. No changes are allowed during the transfer process.

God bless,
        William
        Comment>

I love the new host as well. My site is faster, and a lot less headaches with staying current with php and mysql. Plus they have LetsEncrypt configured already! Glenn proved right in my opinion.

All the best!
          Comment>

Originally posted by Silas View Post
            I love the new host as well. My site is faster, and a lot less headaches with staying current with php and mysql. Plus they have LetsEncrypt configured already! Glenn proved right in my opinion.

All the best!
            The current Cloud server here on Siteground won't run on PHP 7.1+ without a 500 error. The new site is already up and running on it. Once the domain transfer happens I'll update the database. Glenn is going to install Sphinx search on the new server. We should see definite performance related improvements!

God bless,
            William
            Comment>

We are now on the new server. If you are seeing a Security Warning please be patient as we work out installing the new SSL Certificate.

God bless,
              William
              Comment>

YEAH! At last the forum is back.
                Comment>

I was wondering what was happening. Glad things are working more smoothly.
                  Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post
                    We are transferring domains and migrating to our very own dedicated server with another hosting company. During which time the site may be down. I'm hoping that the transition will not be noticed, but worst scenario it could be down for a day from now until next Thursday.

God bless,
                    William
                    a
                    When just (8:40) refreshing a page i had open in Firefox, I was blocked with "The owner of Christian Forums -Christforums has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website." Peer’s Certificate issuer is not recognized.

If you want the Certificate chain i have it, meanwhile i added a security exception so that I could access this.
                    Comment>

Thanks for reporting this though I was aware of it.

The exception is fine. We're running into an issue with the SSL. I purchased it from our new host but all they gave me was a voucher number and a one click installation. The one click installation is not working, and they did not give me the certificate information in order to manually input the certificate myself.

I put the old certificate up and it is working fine, however the host keeps blanking out the certificate trying to fix the one click installer. I just wrote them and suggested a refund is acceptable to me because the old certificate doesn't expire until October. Perhaps by then they'll figure it out lol.

God bless,
                      William
                      Comment>

I get no warnings, William.
                        Comment>

Yes, I couldn't resist installing the old certificate while they work on it. I have a feeling they're going to tell me to stop lol.

God bless,
                          William
                          Comment>

I get a 3 second page load, really quick!
                            Comment>

Originally posted by Silas View Post
                              I get a 3 second page load, really quick!
                              Great to know! We're not even using Cloudflare yet. The old Cloud Sever with Cloudflare was seeing 5-7 seconds on a good day. Much improvement already.

Thanks for reporting it!

God bless,
                              William
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap