Technical information and announcements about our Christian forums.

New: replies and comments unreadable for Guests to encourage signups

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New: replies and comments unreadable for Guests to encourage signups

Only the 1st post of a thread is now visually readable to guests. This addition is an attempt to encourage signups.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_97.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	20433

Originally posted by William View Post
    This addition is an attempt to encourage signups.
    I hope it is successful but it might just cause people to go to another forum where they can read all of the posts in a thread without signing up.
    Clyde Herrin's Blog
    Comment>

Well I guess it makes sense. If you provide a little tease to the guests that will make them a little more motivated to sign up, but I am not really sure on top of that what the whole idea is though. I hope that it works, and we see an influx of new members with whom to share our thoughts and discussions with. The more the merrier as for as I am concerned, and to all of those new members welcome aboard. Thanks for sharing.
      Comment>

One, somewhat annoying, thing I've noticed is the little registration sticky* doesn't always go away once you're logged in. Even if I am logged in, I have to X out of it three times. I can see how this would be helpful for a non-registered/logged in person, but not if one is already a member and signed in. Anyway, no biggie, I just thought I'd note it. Cheers.

* This one:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Jnnt6uQ.png
Views:	1
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	20664
        Comment>

Originally posted by Nahum View Post
          One, somewhat annoying, thing I've noticed is the little registration sticky* doesn't always go away once you're logged in. Even if I am logged in, I have to X out of it three times. I can see how this would be helpful for a non-registered/logged in person, but not if one is already a member and signed in. Anyway, no biggie, I just thought I'd note it. Cheers.
          That's the way the note is setup Nahum. It should appear three times to you, and only three times unless you clear your cookies each time you visit.

God bless,
          William
          Comment>

Ah, OK. I thought was only for those who were not registered as a good incentive to sign up. I just thought it odd that it was popping up repeatedly for someone already registered, so I thought I'd pass it along. Sorry for any bother.
            Comment>

Originally posted by Nahum View Post
              Ah, OK. I thought was only for those who were not registered as a good incentive to sign up. I just thought it odd that it was popping up repeatedly for someone already registered, so I thought I'd pass it along. Sorry for any bother.
              Don't be sorry. I consider member input very valuable. I ended up disabling the note.

God bless,
              William
              Comment>
              Working...
              X
              Articles - News - SiteMap