The Protestant theological system of John Calvin and his successors, which develops Luther's doctrine of justification by faith alone and emphasizes the grace of God and the doctrine of predestination.

Burnt at the stake.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burnt at the stake.

Servetus was burnt at the stake for heresey and some try to say Calvin was not only responsible but asked that green wood be used in the burning to make it slower and more torturous. Not quite true.
    Heresey was punished by death by Geneva law and Calvin agreed that it would be just to punish sin by death. Was it Calvin's choice if Serventus would have punishment or mercy? No.. Calvin asked that he would be exicuted by beheading not burning. Servetus was given a chance to turn from false doctrine which bears punishment by a thocratic government. John Calvin let government do what it's meant to do, nothing more, nothing less.

One of the best documentaries I have seen on the subject: Calvin and Servetus -Christforums

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post
      One of the best documentaries I have seen on the subject: Calvin and Servetus -Christforums

God bless,
      William
      I couldn't get the vid to play, but thanks anyway.
      God bless.
      Comment>
      Working...
      X
      Articles - News - SiteMap