Use this prayer board to post your prayer requests and praises, or respond in prayer to other's requests.

I long to have gifts of Holy Spirit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I long to have gifts of Holy Spirit

This desire has been to me all the time but recently it has got strong. Please pray for me.

Hi User1,

Welcome to our forum!

Can you be more specific about what spiritual gifts you desire? - 1 Corinthians 12:3-4. And in 1 Corinthians 12:11 - God is Sovereign over when and to whom He gives such powers. Here's something to think about... . God may intend to give us the blessing we long for not directly in answer to prayer, but indirectly in answer to prayer — through the spiritual gifting of another believer - 1 Corinthians 12:28.

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Hi!

Sorry for not being able to respond quicker. I would like to get started with the gift of tongues as it is profitable for prayer life and building myself up and getting closer to God, but I would also like to be able to heal people and have the word of knowledge and prophesy.
      Comment>

If you have been born again you already have spiritual gifts. You need to simply find out what they are and begin using them. Probably the best way to do that would be to try different kinds of service for God and find out which ones you can do well. That would give you a clue to what your gifts are.
        Clyde Herrin's Blog
        Comment>

Originally posted by user1 View Post
          I would like to get started with the gift of tongues as it is profitable for prayer life and building myself up and getting closer to God, but I would also like to be able to heal people and have the word of knowledge and prophesy.
          Have you talked to you pastor? What did he say?
          Comment>

Originally posted by user1 View Post
            Hi!
            I would like to get started with the gift of tongues as it is profitable for prayer life and building myself up and getting closer to God, but I would also like to be able to heal people and have the word of knowledge and prophesy.
            Have you considered the possibility that you might have some of these gifts and that you might be already using them?

Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, in proportion to our faith; if service, in our serving; the one who teaches, in his teaching; the one who exhorts, in his exhortation; the one who contributes, in generosity; the one who leads, with zeal; the one who does acts of mercy, with cheerfulness.
            (Romans 12:6-8 ESV)

God chooses what gifts each of us receives and he gives us these gifts for the purpose of enabling us to help others. These gifts aren't as spectacular as the ones you want but they might be more useful to you in helping other believers.

Clyde Herrin's Blog
            Comment>

I spent far too much time worrying about whether I was doing EXACTLY what God wanted me to do (with respect to having gifts and using them for the benefit of the rest of the church). Something that helped was when someone asked me if I ever visited an orchard and heard the trees grunting? Have you? Do those trees struggle to push out that fruit? No, of course not. The fruit just grows naturally as the tree does what trees do. It requires no special effort on the part of the tree.

So the thing for you to focus on is: Are you firmly rooted to Jesus Christ?

If so, then you can relax a little and just do what a branch does ... abide in the vine.
              The fruit will come on its own.
              An observation after 35 years of working to figure this out is that God doesn't make it hard.
              You will probably find that what God wants you to do, is something that you will not find an uncomfortable burden.
              Another general observation, whatever you do should help others and bring glory to God.
              If what you are doing is shining all of the attention on you, beware. (You are swimming in dangerous waters).

So what do you enjoy doing?
              What brings you pleasure?
              Do you like to read scripture? Talk to people about your Jesus? Quietly help out behind the scenes?
              Start by finding some way to do something for someone else.
              The Holy Spirit will provide whatever you need, when you need it, to do what God asks of you.
              (It helps me to remember that it is God's reputation that is at stake, not mine. I am just some peon following orders.)
              Comment>
              Working...
              X
              Articles - News - SiteMap