Use this prayer board to post your prayer requests and praises, or respond in prayer to other's requests.

Please pray that awful thoughts don't enter my prayers...

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Please pray that awful thoughts don't enter my prayers...

    I have a confession. Probably something no one else has put up with as far as I know of... No one I've spoken to has had this same problem as me. Anyhow.....

    It's really difficult for me to pray, because whilst I'm praying evil or awful thoughts from my subconscious come into the prayers and you just don't know how horrible/anxiety inducing it is to deal with... I don't want anything bad to happen to anyone. Because when I was a kid, it happened once, I thought it was my fault for years that someone died. Turns out they left a note a few weeks earlier, but me praying (unintentionally) for that person to die, was a REALLY horrible experience, and I didn't want to, and it certainly never was my intention, it just popped up. I've had trouble praying ever since...

    So if you want, could you please pray for me not to have difficulty praying etc?

    Thank you...

    #2
    Originally posted by Warmy View Post
    I have a confession. Probably something no one else has put up with as far as I know of... No one I've spoken to has had this same problem as me. Anyhow.....

    It's really difficult for me to pray, because whilst I'm praying evil or awful thoughts from my subconscious come into the prayers and you just don't know how horrible/anxiety inducing it is to deal with... I don't want anything bad to happen to anyone. Because when I was a kid, it happened once, I thought it was my fault for years that someone died. Turns out they left a note a few weeks earlier, but me praying (unintentionally) for that person to die, was a REALLY horrible experience, and I didn't want to, and it certainly never was my intention, it just popped up. I've had trouble praying ever since...

    So if you want, could you please pray for me not to have difficulty praying etc?

    Thank you...
    Did you want that particular person To die? Sounds like you assumed that your 'unintentional' praying caused the death of the person?

    You need to realize that God is in control -- He doesn't accidentally allow someones' death.

    Have you taken even This problem to God? He's the Only One who really can help you with that. Maybe sharing this with a pastor and praying in his presence would help you? Have you tried connecting with a Christian counselor? But a good counselor will Probably direct you / guide you right to God 1st in prayer.

    Tell God about your guilty conscience. And Also realize that Satan is giving you those inner feelings of trouble praying. Satan doesn't want you to talk to God. He would rather have you feel really horrible Forever.

    Also -- God knows Everything about you -- there's Nothing that will surprise God about you -- No problem is too big for Him to resolve.
    Comment>

      #3
      Originally posted by Sue D. View Post

      Did you want that particular person To die? Sounds like you assumed that your 'unintentional' praying caused the death of the person?

      You need to realize that God is in control -- He doesn't accidentally allow someones' death.

      Have you taken even This problem to God? He's the Only One who really can help you with that. Maybe sharing this with a pastor and praying in his presence would help you? Have you tried connecting with a Christian counselor? But a good counselor will Probably direct you / guide you right to God 1st in prayer.

      Tell God about your guilty conscience. And Also realize that Satan is giving you those inner feelings of trouble praying. Satan doesn't want you to talk to God. He would rather have you feel really horrible Forever.

      Also -- God knows Everything about you -- there's Nothing that will surprise God about you -- No problem is too big for Him to resolve.
      No I didn't want them to... :(

      I've talked to a counsellor about it a few years ago, and I got it off my chest and eventually told my family. But I carried that guilt for years before and I just felt awful about the whole thing...

      I don't think my denomination has pastors, but yes, finding a Christian counsellor would help a lot. The last psychologist I had was atheist and just seemed like she couldn't really understand the emotions in the situation, she said it was, 'wishful thinking', wishful thinking my a*** what a load of bull. If wishful thinking worked I'd have no problems! She wasn't a very helpful psychologist anyway in the end... But I got a lot of things off my chest though... I'm not sure if I really believe in the devil or not.
      Comment>

        #4
        Originally posted by Warmy View Post

        No I didn't want them to... :(

        I've talked to a counsellor about it a few years ago, and I got it off my chest and eventually told my family. But I carried that guilt for years before and I just felt awful about the whole thing...

        I don't think my denomination has pastors, but yes, finding a Christian counsellor would help a lot. The last psychologist I had was atheist and just seemed like she couldn't really understand the emotions in the situation, she said it was, 'wishful thinking', wishful thinking my a*** what a load of bull. If wishful thinking worked I'd have no problems! She wasn't a very helpful psychologist anyway in the end... But I got a lot of things off my chest though... I'm not sure if I really believe in the devil or not.
        What denomination are you part of?

        So, you Have talked to a counselor about it. What did he/ she tell you?

        An atheistic psychologist wouldn't help at all. As you discovered.

        And, yes, verbalizing to someone Does help a lot.

        The devil does exist whether a person believes in him or not. He can have a real negative affect on a person, as you've been noticing.

        Praying is talking to God -- keeping the lines of communication open are important. He's Always listening -- we aren't always sharing / going to Him.

        I , myself, find it far easier to talk to a human being who I can see than talking to an invisible entity. The advantage of a Christian counselor is that everything said stays within that office. That's the professional ethics in a professional setting. Sometimes there are well intentioned listeners who will share a concern as a prayer request. Then again an 'unspoken' prayer request is okay, too. That way no names, no specifics are shared , but people can still pray, Being willing to accept God's will -- asking for wisdom for that particular situation. Strength for the person going through a particular trial in their life.
        Comment>

          #5
          Originally posted by Sue D.

          Did you want that particular person To die? Sounds like you assumed that your 'unintentional' praying caused the death of the person?

          You need to realize that God is in control -- He doesn't accidentally allow someones' death.

          Have you taken even This problem to God? He's the Only One who really can help you with that. Maybe sharing this with a pastor and praying in his presence would help you? Have you tried connecting with a Christian counselor? But a good counselor will Probably direct you / guide you right to God 1st in prayer.

          Tell God about your guilty conscience. And Also realize that Satan is giving you those inner feelings of trouble praying. Satan doesn't want you to talk to God. He would rather have you feel really horrible Forever.

          Also -- God knows Everything about you -- there's Nothing that will surprise God about you -- No problem is too big for Him to resolve.
          I will pray for you Warmy. Though not obsessive, I've had unusual thoughts while praying as well, so you are not alone in that. Even if you don't have Christian Counseling in your church (which seems unlikely), don't be afraid to seek one outside your denomination- We all have more in common than we think :) .
          Comment>

            #6
            Thanks guys. :)
            Comment>

              #7
              Strange thoughts have entered my mind as well while praying so I know exactly what you are talking about. I will pray for you.

              God Bless!
              Comment>

                #8
                Sending prayers!
                Comment>
                Working...
                X
                Articles - News - SiteMap