Use this prayer board to post your prayer requests and praises, or respond in prayer to other's requests.

Please pray that I am careful to avoid randomness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please pray that I am careful to avoid randomness

Sometimes I get into the bad habit of saying things to myself instead of praying to God. Please pray that this bad habit and sin is stopped.

Originally posted by TonyT View Post
    Sometimes I get into the bad habit of saying things to myself instead of praying to God. Please pray that this bad habit and sin is stopped.
    Tony such things are normal,in fact many times when you speak in your head you speak to God,and while yes certain thoughts are sins,everyone's minds have random thoughts,it's just another thing we deal with,I too have this problem with a detailed memory,but I'm not about to lie and tell you that it goes away,what I can pray for though is that God have you focus on as many righteous thoughts as possible,such as thinking upon scripture,or playing a church song in your head,or anything that you may have witnessed that is innocent or child like.....
    Father God please help,Tony T,by channeling his thoughts toward things of holiness,innocence,or child like memories,"All" face this,some frequently some not so frequently,but I do know that you God can guide us when we are in need of a way to keep from sinful behaviour,thoughts being one of the more tough things in our lives to cope with,day in day out,but the more we strive to do right for you God eventually righteous thoughts can out weigh sinful thoughts,so as that we can look toward our future with you God,in Jesus's holy name I humbly pray,AMEN.
    Comment>

I think to a degree our thoughts are not as random as we'd like to think they are. There is a certain amount of accountability on our part. We can't subject ourselves to unholy media of any type such as tv, music, reading, pictures etc and then wonder why we have unholy thoughts.

When I first became Christian I was tremendously bothered by these things. I would even wake up from dreaming with the feeling of guilt for what I dreamt. How can I be responsible for what I dream, I said. As an exercise, I cut out just about all forms of media, cancelled my television subscription, paid attention to the type of music I listened to if any, and also focused my mind on Scripture as my media to read, in other words, I seriously filtered out what was entering my mind.

After a few of months, through a journal I used to keep, there was a positive observation. My dreams and random thoughts throughout the day were affected. They began taking upon themselves a central theme, they were set upon God's word, and my every waking moment began to be reminiscent of Christian meditation, devotions, and prayer. My journal took upon a new personal view which had little to no resemblance of the former man's perspective.

Hope this may help.

God bless,
      William
      Comment>
      Working...
      X
      Articles - News - SiteMap