Use this prayer board to post your prayer requests and praises, or respond in prayer to other's requests.

22 yr old Otto Warmbier, said to be in a coma, released from North Korea*​​​​​​!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 22 yr old Otto Warmbier, said to be in a coma, released from North Korea*​​​​​​!!

College student Otto Warmbier, said to be in a coma, just released from North Korea! He will be home in a Cincinnati hospital by tonight.

Please pray for Otto, his recovery, and for his family. He's been held captive in North Korea, for over 17 months, for the attempted theft of a propaganda poster from his hotel. He's also been in a coma since March 2016 (which is, no doubt, why no one heard from or about him for all of that time). He was his High School's salutatorian and a gifted soccer player, and was apparently an excellent student at UVA as well. The North Korean's claim his coma was the result of a case of botulism and a sleeping pill, but that hardly seems likely (as botulism almost never results in a coma).

University of Virginia student Otto Warmbier, said to be in a coma, released from North Korea* - The Washington Post

Thank you for praying!
    Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon

Many countries including the US has put a travel ban in North Korea.Why did he go to North Korea in the first place. But anyways I feel sorry for him. I will remember him in my prayers. God has already shown him mercy (he has been released) and I am sure Gog will be with him and he will be back to life.
    God bless him.
    Comment>

Actually, there isn't a ban on traveling there from the US, but it is recommended that we don't. Otto was on Christmas vacation from school and was part of a New Frontier tour (I believe) with other college students to China (North Korea was a recommended side trip that Otto, along with many other students, decided to go on as a great, perhaps once in a lifetime, opportunity to see that country).

He was a very healthy 21 yr old when he arrived in North Korea, so it's extremely worrisome that someone of Otto's age and health would end up in a 15 month long coma. The Washington Post reported that the coma was due to botulism, but the NY Times reported that it was the result of multiple beatings by his North Korean captors. In either case, it shouldn't have happened, because he did absolutely nothing to deserve the sentence he received .. or ANY sentence, quite frankly. He was used as a pawn of the regime.
      Last edited by David Lee; 06-14-2017, 02:49 PM.

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
      Comment>

I will pray for him. I wish he would be well soon. Prayers can change and save the lives. He will be back to his regular life soon. I wish that he could live a long and healthy life.
        Comment>

I will pray for him. I wish he would be well soon. Prayers can change and save the lives. He will be back to his regular life soon. I wish that he could live a long and healthy life. I want to request all of you to pray for him.
          Comment>

I will pray for him. I also pray regularly for a change in the rulers of North Korea, either by their conversion or by their replacement with new rulers, so that Christians in that country will have the freedom to serve Christ openly.
            Clyde Herrin's Blog
            Comment>

Originally posted by David Lee View Post
              College student Otto Warmbier, said to be in a coma, just released from North Korea! He will be home in a Cincinnati hospital by tonight.

Please pray for Otto, his recovery, and for his family. He's been held captive in North Korea, for over 17 months, for the attempted theft of a propaganda poster from his hotel. He's also been in a coma since March 2016 (which is, no doubt, why no one heard from or about him for all of that time). He was his High School's salutatorian and a gifted soccer player, and was apparently an excellent student at UVA as well. The North Korean's claim his coma was the result of a case of botulism and a sleeping pill, but that hardly seems likely (as botulism almost never results in a coma).

University of Virginia student Otto Warmbier, said to be in a coma, released from North Korea* - The Washington Post

Thank you for praying!
              Praise God that his life has been spared. His safe return to the US, to his parents and friends is America's and the world's praiseworthy news.

It was heart breaking news when I first heard about Otto's captivity last year. USA is very glad for having Otto back again.

Comment>

Unfortunately, things are looking pretty bleak for Otto. From what I understand, he was not beaten badly, nor did he have botulism like the North Koreans reported, rather, his brain was deprived of oxygen for a long period of time according to his doctors here in the US. He appears to be in the same state that a friend of mine was in recently whose heart stopped beating for 22 minutes and lived. Granted, my friend was an old man and Otto is quite young, but my friend (though he lived on for several months) never recovered consciousness before he died (though he "looked" like he might from time to time as he opened his eyes and/or sometimes moved a little bit, seemingly in response to various stimuli).

Please continue to pray for Otto and his family and friends. The brain can rewire itself to a certain degree, but if Otto is in a similar condition to my friend, then Otto's recovery, if he has one, is in the hands of God alone at this point.

Comment>

I remember reading about this back when it happened and was first reported in the news. He had apparently taken some kind of poster off of the wall that was not supposed to be taken, or at least that was the story that I read.
                  Although he certainly should not have taken something that was forbidden, what has happened to him is totally beyond reasonable . I am thankful that they have finally decided to release him, and will also be praying for a miracle recovery. People have come out of long-term comas before, and certainly, his treatment while in North Korea was not likely to have been beneficial to his recovery, and it is probably amazing that he is even still alive.
                  Hopefully, with good doctors and hospital care here in the United States, he will recover anough to come out of the coma after all, and we can only add our prayers and trust in the Lord to do the best thing for him.
                  If they did mistreat him, they probably do not want him to be in a condition to ever wake up and tell the world what actually transpired while he was held captive in Notth Korea.
                  Comment>

Unfortunately, things are looking pretty bleak for Otto. From what I understand, he was not beaten badly, nor did he have botulism The recentthe North Koreans reported, rather, his brain was deprived of oxygen for a long period of time according to his doctors here in the US. He appears to be in the same state that a friend of mine was in recently whose heart stopped beating for 22 minutes and lived. Granted, my friend was an old man and Otto is quite young, but my friend (though he lived on for several months) never recovered consciousness before he died (though he "looked" like he might from time to time as he opened his eyes and/or sometimes moved a little bit, seemingly in response to various stimuli).

Please continue to pray for Otto and his family and friends. The brain can rewire itself to a certain degree, but if Otto is in a similar condition to my friend, then Otto's recovery, if he has one, is in the hands of God alone at this point.
                    Unfortunately, things are looking pretty bleak for Otto. From what I understand, he was not beaten badly, nor did he have botulism like the North Koreans reported, rather, his brain was deprived of oxygen for a long period of time according to his doctors here in the US. He appears to be in the same state that a friend of mine was in recently whose heart stopped beating for 22 minutes and lived. Granted, my friend was an old man and Otto is quite young, but my friend (though he lived on for several months) never recovered consciousness before he died (though he "looked" like he might from time to time as he opened his eyes and/or sometimes moved a little bit, seemingly in response to various stimuli).

The recent very sad news about Otto's death has caused good Americans so much grief. We, in the Christian community, extend our deepest prayers and love to his parents.
                    Comment>
                    Working...
                    X
                    Articles - News - SiteMap