Use this prayer board to post your prayer requests and praises, or respond in prayer to other's requests.

What is the best way to pray for my parents?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best way to pray for my parents?

I lost my mother and father when i was a little kid. I miss them a lot. Only thing that i can do for them is pray. I want them to to be in peace in the next world. Parents are one of the blessings of God. There is no alternate of parents in this world. Nothing can cover their absence other than one who had lost them. I just need suggestion from you people that what are the best prayers for parents ?

Originally posted by jahanzeb ali qureshi View Post
    I lost my mother and father when i was a little kid. I miss them a lot. Only thing that i can do for them is pray. I want them to to be in peace in the next world. Parents are one of the blessings of God. There is no alternate of parents in this world. Nothing can cover their absence other than one who had lost them. I just need suggestion from you people that what are the best prayers for parents ?
    This may not be easy for you, but praying for the dead is not a biblical concept. Once one is deceased our prayers have no bearing on someone once he or she has died. The reality is that, at the point of death, one’s eternal destiny is confirmed. Of course, we should pray for those grieving, but for the dead, no. No one should ever believe that someone may be able to pray for him, thereby effecting some kind of favorable outcome, after he has died. The Bible teaches that the eternal state of mankind is determined by our actions during our lives on earth. “The soul who sins is the one who will die. . . . The righteousness of the righteous man will be credited to him, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against him” (Ezekiel 18:20).

The point is that each of us has but one life, and we are responsible for how we live that life. Others may influence our choices, but ultimately we must give an account for the choices we make. Once life is over, there are no more choices to be made; we have no choice but to face judgment. The prayers of others may express their desires, but they won’t change the outcome. The time to pray for a person is while he or she lives and there is still the possibility of his or her heart, attitudes, and behavior being changed (Romans 2:3-9).

The Bible teaches that those who have yielded to the Savior’s will (Hebrews 5:8-9) enter directly and immediately into the presence of the Lord after death (Luke 23:43; Philippians 1:23; 2 Corinthians 5:6, 8).

Reference: Gotquestions.org

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post

This may not be easy for you, but praying for the dead is not a biblical concept. Once one is deceased our prayers have no bearing on someone once he or she has died. The reality is that, at the point of death, one’s eternal destiny is confirmed. Of course, we should pray for those grieving, but for the dead, no. No one should ever believe that someone may be able to pray for him, thereby effecting some kind of favorable outcome, after he has died. The Bible teaches that the eternal state of mankind is determined by our actions during our lives on earth. “The soul who sins is the one who will die. . . . The righteousness of the righteous man will be credited to him, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against him” (Ezekiel 18:20).

The point is that each of us has but one life, and we are responsible for how we live that life. Others may influence our choices, but ultimately we must give an account for the choices we make. Once life is over, there are no more choices to be made; we have no choice but to face judgment. The prayers of others may express their desires, but they won’t change the outcome. The time to pray for a person is while he or she lives and there is still the possibility of his or her heart, attitudes, and behavior being changed (Romans 2:3-9).

The Bible teaches that those who have yielded to the Savior’s will (Hebrews 5:8-9) enter directly and immediately into the presence of the Lord after death (Luke 23:43; Philippians 1:23; 2 Corinthians 5:6, 8).

Reference: Gotquestions.org

God bless,
      William
      Thank a lot William. God bless you.

Comment>

I am not certain that praying for the dead is always useless. In Isaiah 65:24 God says, "Before they call I will answer." God isn't limited by time as we are and he can answer a prayer even before we make it. For example, if you pray that a dead person was saved God may answer the prayer by having that person come to salvation while he was still alive.
        Clyde Herrin's Blog
        Comment>
        Working...
        X
        Articles - News - SiteMap