Use this prayer board to post your prayer requests and praises, or respond in prayer to other's requests.

Please pray for deliverance from anger and hatefulness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please pray for deliverance from anger and hatefulness

Hi

Since I became a Christian last year I believe God has helped me overcome depression and immorality but I still struggle with anger and hatefulness. Please pray to God asking him to relieve me from this negativity. Thank you!

I will pray for you.
    Clyde Herrin's Blog
    Comment>

I will pray for you. We all face this issue - anger and hatefulness. I myself am not able to control these feelings. May the Good Lord give us strength to overcome our weaknesses. Amen.
      Comment>

Originally posted by Rob View Post
        Hi

Since I became a Christian last year I believe God has helped me overcome depression and immorality but I still struggle with anger and hatefulness. Please pray to God asking him to relieve me from this negativity. Thank you!
        Praying for you!

*(praying for you too Anupamas2!)

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Truly "treasuring" God's word in your heart/mind can have more of a profound effect on the sin in your life than you can imagine, 1) because it replaces all the garbage that's in your mind with something FAR better, which helps you think about/dwell on far better things .. cf Philippians 4:8, and 2) because every time you try to sin the HS hits you with several of the verses you've memorized :)

See: Bad Request

Yours in Christ,
        David
        p.s. - just FYI, I"m always happy to help with some tips about best practices and how to get started memorizing Scripture.

"How can a young man keep his way pure? By keeping it according to Thy word.
        Thy word I have treasured in my heart, that I may not sin against Thee"

Psalm119:9,11
        Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
        Comment>

Thanks everyone!
          Comment>
          Working...
          X
          Articles - News - SiteMap