Use this prayer board to post your prayer requests and praises, or respond in prayer to other's requests.

Pray for forgiveness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pray for forgiveness

I had an abortion done lately. I am feeling very guilty. I feel like I will be punished for this. I already have two kids, both of us are working parents. We could not afford a third child. Therefore I had to get this done. Please pray for me, so that I get the forgiveness from God for what I did.
    Feeling very low right now.

Originally posted by anupamas2 View Post
    I had an abortion done lately. I am feeling very guilty. I feel like I will be punished for this. I already have two kids, both of us are working parents. We could not afford a third child. Therefore I had to get this done. Please pray for me, so that I get the forgiveness from God for what I did.
    Feeling very low right now.
    Anupamas,

The sacrifice made at the Cross is greater than any sin we may commit. Faith is trusting in God, whether that was to provide for an additional child or for the forgiveness of our sins that we've committed.

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Thank you William for the comforting words. I really appreciate it.
      Comment>

Hebrews 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness and their sins and lawless deeds I shall remember no more. Pray to God and if you confess he is just and he will forgive you.
        Comment>

Forgiveness is an act that requires enormous faith to be fulfilled. It's not easy, and I say this from experience.

In the beginning, it's always difficult to forgive (and almost impossible, actually), but once you can forgive, everything becomes clearer and you are at peace with yourself.

Practicing the faith is something amazing, and that only brings great results for our lives.

Be happy and God bless you all.
          Comment>

I hurt my family a lot with my deeds. I ditch them. But now I realized my mistake and they also accepted me like before. I am very grateful to them. But still that deeds of mine are very much in my memories. I am praying GOD to forgive me for hurting my family.
            Comment>

Praying 🙏 for you in this situation Geeta. God knows your heart and if you are sincerely sorry he has forgiven you (1John 1:9). The hard part is getting others to forgive you, well, at least for me. God bless.
              Comment>

Originally posted by wfredeemed009 View Post
                The hard part is getting others to forgive you, well, at least for me. God bless.
                G'day brother wfreedeemed,

A lot of people overlook making amends with their fellow man. For example:
                • Matthew 5:24 leave your gift there before the altar and go. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.

Just some thoughts, as I do not mean to criticize your prayer, by all means that is not something I do.

I say we are to reconcile our differences here on this earth with our fellow man. We will not always have that opportunity because this place is as close to heaven some will ever come, and as close to hell others will come, in other word we will have quite the different destinations.

On the subject of forgiveness, I think some are missing the point. The reason why we forgive others is to ease their conscience when it is stricken with guilt. Lemme ask anyone, would you forgive someone that is not sorry for any sin against you. How do you reconcile "condoning" an action if so? We do not forgive for selfish reasoning, that is for us to be at peace, but we do so selflessly to those that are stricken in conscience when they greatly err. We should, in that case, be with a forgiving spirit easing the brother's conscience that sins, and this is despite him continuing to sin against you.

God bless,
                William
                Comment>

Isaih 1:18 says

"Come now, let us reason together, says the Lord: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool."

Do not be so hard on yourself, your heart is in the right place.
                  Comment>

Thank you all for the wonderful replies. It means a lot to me. I know the Lord is very forgiving and He will forgive me. I just need to find that peace within me and try to forgive myself. It is still in the back of my mind and sometimes I feel that all is not forgiven.
                    Comment>

You're right William. Making amends can easily be overlooked.
                      Comment>
                      Working...
                      X
                      Articles - News - SiteMap