Use this prayer board to post your prayer requests and praises, or respond in prayer to other's requests.

I am heartbroken

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am heartbroken

I ask for your prayers and advice. I received news yesterday of my parents divorcing. A 47 year marriage is coming to an end. A little background information, my dad - a professing Christian - and follower of Joel Osteen had a brush with cancer. Now he is on a spending spree because he justifies his materialistic bucket list. Thinking he has the right to drive him and my mother into debt. My mother, a devout Christian is broken at the moment. She is torn because of my dad's constant lying and deceit. They called me yesterday and told me the bad news. Being so close to them, I thought it best for me to step back and let the counsel of others benefit them. However, push came to shove, and I decided to only offer biblical advice. Because of signs of physical abuse in the emotional outburst between my parents, I think a momentarily separation is in order. I have asked my mother to come and stay with my wife and I for a time. Hoping that the cool down period helps them approach each other rationally. My mother is well aware that she hasn't biblical grounds for a divorce, but she is highly emotional right now and acting upon that basis. I ask you to pray for them, for reconciliation of their marriage in a covenant under God. I pray that God guides them together in keeping the covenant, bringing glory to Him, and even lovingly chastising the proper party until the marriage is rightly seen in the eyes of God. I also pray for the wisdom to help in this situation, and that no man comes between them. Pray for us, please, our Thomas family. I would greatly appreciate anyone leading me in prayer, and also sharing any advice or experience for this situation.

Thank you :(
    William

Thank you dear Lord, for the news that I just received. My mom and dad are going to try again.

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

WOW, that is wonderful news William :) Praying now, nevertheless.

Maybe your parents could/should attend a Cru Family Life conference? I think they're still run by Dennis and Barbara Reiny and, along with giving their attendees a chance to work on their marriages right then and there (+ sending the couples home with a TON of tools to help them build a better/closer marriage than they've ever had before), they are REALLY fun :D

I think they're called, "A Weekend to Remember" (but don't hold me to that).

Please keep us updated, especially as additional prayer needs arise.

Yours in Christ,
      David
      Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
      Comment>

May the Lord guide you and your family ever more to experiencing His wonderful presence and grace.

Our God is a very present help in these times of trouble (Psalm 46:1).
        Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post
          I ask for your prayers and advice. I received news yesterday of my parents divorcing. A 47 year marriage is coming to an end. A little background information, my dad - a professing Christian - and follower of Joel Osteen had a brush with cancer. Now he is on a spending spree because he justifies his materialistic bucket list. Thinking he has the right to drive him and my mother into debt. My mother, a devout Christian is broken at the moment. She is torn because of my dad's constant lying and deceit. They called me yesterday and told me the bad news. Being so close to them, I thought it best for me to step back and let the counsel of others benefit them. However, push came to shove, and I decided to only offer biblical advice. Because of signs of physical abuse in the emotional outburst between my parents, I think a momentarily separation is in order. I have asked my mother to come and stay with my wife and I for a time. Hoping that the cool down period helps them approach each other rationally. My mother is well aware that she hasn't biblical grounds for a divorce, but she is highly emotional right now and acting upon that basis. I ask you to pray for them, for reconciliation of their marriage in a covenant under God. I pray that God guides them together in keeping the covenant, bringing glory to Him, and even lovingly chastising the proper party until the marriage is rightly seen in the eyes of God. I also pray for the wisdom to help in this situation, and that no man comes between them. Pray for us, please, our Thomas family. I would greatly appreciate anyone leading me in prayer, and also sharing any advice or experience for this situation.

Thank you :(
          William
          You and your parents are in my prayers, William. May God bless and restore this marriage, if it be His will.
          Comment>

I will pray that your parents will settle all the differences they have with each other and with God.
            Clyde Herrin's Blog
            Comment>
            Working...
            X
            Articles - News - SiteMap