Use this prayer board to post your prayer requests and praises, or respond in prayer to other's requests.

Please Pray For Baton Rouge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Pray For Baton Rouge

A Missouri man ambushed a group of police officers. He killed three of them and wounded three others this Sunday. 'Cosmo' has as twisted martyr mindset as ISIS, he was hungry for glory and blood not justice. I ask that you pray for Baton Rouge, the families that have lost a loved one, and the ones in the hospital.
    Gavin Long, 29, of Missouri was the shooter who killed three law officers and wounded three others in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, police sources said.

Have been praying since I saw this on the news, and before - the violence has to stop, from every side. It breaks my heart that people are feeling wronged that they think this is the solution! Prayers, prayers, prayers for my country!
    Comment>

I fear that these types of situations are gonna break out all over the United States. It feels like society is at some tipping point. I think all of Baton Rouge needs our prayers. I cannot imagine what types of life events a person would have to live through to harbor so much anger toward police, everyone needs prayers on all sides of this.
      Comment>

Absolutely crazy, when will this madness stop and law and order be restored? I really do hope that this will eventually just be put behind us and tensions won't continue to escalate, something has to give.
        Comment>

According to this guy, this was the last thing that Gavin Long heard before he killed those police officers. This is terrifying to listen to. This is a public talk show openly talking about dragging out not only the police officers but their families and beating them up. Why aren't these guys in jail? They are public calling out the people to come together and beat and kill cops.

Comment>

Baton Rouge is a hub of what is going on in every major U.S. city right now. This country is sitting on a racial powder keg right now. Truth be told the number of African-Americans and men in general getting shot by the cops is not an epidemic as the media portrays. I do believe that the media report certain stories while ignoring others in order to control and shape the narrative.
            Comment>

I don't think this is representative of every major U,S, city, as the USA is large and there are many different cultural considerations that change with location. I will concede that several cities are facing issues similar to Baton Rouge and things could erupt in violence. We need to reexamine our police departments, not only acknowledge the presence of and effect the removal of bad cops, but to acknowledge and reward the good ones. All lives matter, police use of lethal force needs examination though. You can defend yourself by disabling your target instead of killing your target.
              Comment>

Originally posted by nytegeek View Post
                All lives matter, police use of lethal force needs examination though. You can defend yourself by disabling your target instead of killing your target.
                Disabling rather than killing your attacked requires a degree of marksmanship that few people possess and also requires taking time to think. When you are attacked you can't take any time thinking or you will end up being killed. You must act instantly to stop your attacker.
                Clyde Herrin's Blog
                Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
                  Disabling rather than killing your attacked requires a degree of marksmanship that few people possess and also requires taking time to think. When you are attacked you can't take any time thinking or you will end up being killed. You must act instantly to stop your attacker.
                  I have had to defend myself many times in life from dangerous and violent attackers. I have never killed. It helps to use a non-lethal weapon. The degree of marksmanship you refer to comes from using a lethal weapon to disable rather than kill. There are multiple options to choose from that many officers already carry. When you are taught to reach for the lethal option first and receive more training on the lethal weapon people are going to die. Current technology also has a lot of answers to efficient non-lethal weapons that need more focus and funding to become mainstream. There are things out there that could make somebody just wish they were dead when they come to instead of shooting them with a gun and killing them.
                  Comment>

Well it is just so sad to have to sit and read and hear about the people down there having to go through this. They really cannot seem to catch a break down there, and I really hope that this time around the services and support are in place that need to be. We all know that this was certainly not the case last time, and from what I have heard things are better, but of course there is still a lot of work to be done. I will stay tuned and I really hope that things get better, and they are all certainly in my prayers. Thanks for sharing and God Bless.
                    Comment>
                    Working...
                    X
                    Articles - News - SiteMap