Christian Testimonies: The Stories of Our Lives Christian testimonies are the stories told by believers about what God has done and is doing in their lives.

Seeing & Hearing an Angel

First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
    There is nothing wrong with your English. I had no trouble understanding this post. You brought up a point that is very important.

Thank you Theophilus, that is very encouraging to know that.

And I also guess that beyond my ability to speak English, the Word of God is perfect and soon will unite all the nations and cultures under the power of the one who is the Word!

May God bless you!

The way younger people no longer read much but whats on the phone or TV I find English in very different form one part of the US to another. Recently my older son said "how are you doing" to a young boy living in Florida, he said "I am not gay". My son was confused and asked what's that got to do with what I asked? The boy said that what you ask to find out if a person is gay. All this was an example of how much language has changed in the US.

So English is no longer a simple language.

Originally posted by justme View Post

Dear "Child' I do not want to discourage you, but angels do not have wings and no finger prints like ours. To be very respectful, but speaking the truth in love, this is not in line with Scripture. Holy Father God speaks to us by and through His Word the Bible. The Holy Spirit does influence us, and even can direct us. God can use many ways to direct us. But seeing angels is seriously not in line with Scripture
        "5 So Peter was kept in prison, but the church was earnestly praying to God for him.

6 The night before Herod was to bring him to trial, Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, bound with two chains, and sentries stood guard at the entrance. 7 Suddenly an angel of the Lord appeared and a light shone in the cell. He struck Peter on the side and woke him up. “Quick, get up!” he said, and the chains fell off Peter’s wrists.

8 Then the angel said to him, “Put on your clothes and sandals.” And Peter did so. “Wrap your cloak around you and follow me,” the angel told him. 9 Peter followed him out of the prison, but he had no idea that what the angel was doing was really happening; he thought he was seeing a vision. 10 They passed the first and second guards and came to the iron gate leading to the city. It opened for them by itself, and they went through it. When they had walked the length of one street, suddenly the angel left him.

Not to belabor the point but,
          Genesis 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.

25 And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him.

26 And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.

27 And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob.

28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.

If they looked anything like that he could have taken on several. I have wondered how he prevailed. Thanks for resolving this for me William.

Articles - News - SiteMap