Christian Testimonies: The Stories of Our Lives Christian testimonies are the stories told by believers about what God has done and is doing in their lives.

Seeing & Hearing an Angel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CDF47 View Post
    There are no verses that state they are angels but it is widely held that they are angelic beings.
    That is true but of little help. An angel is a messenger.
    Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post

Nowhere. But you'll find them as CDF suggest up on cathedral ceilings.

I mean we know how Biblically sound artist are when making artist renderings of heavenly creatures:

Click image for larger version Name:	Fine-Art-Raphael-Angels-Original-Oil-Painting-on-Canvas-by-artist-Darko-Topalski-m.jpg Views:	1 Size:	113.7 KB ID:	46784

See, they have wings Origen. The wings are on either side of their larynx and mouth.

God bless,
      William
      lol

Comment>

Originally posted by Origen View Post
        That is true but of little help. An angel is a messenger.
        I agree with that. How would you define the Cherubim and Seraphim?
        Comment>

I agree with that. How would you describe the Cherubim and Seraphim?
          I agree with the passages you cited in regard to their descriptions.

Comment>

I agree with the passages you cited in regard to their descriptions.
            Fair enough.
            Comment>

I agree with that. How would you define the Cherubim and Seraphim?
              Cherubim had as far as human likeness four faces and up to four wings. That is, as far as human likeness goes, they had "four faces". Seraphim six wings. It appears to me that these heavenly creatures each have a unique role distinct from the class of angels. However, if you're simply meaning angelic beings as in the spiritual realm I can understand the general classification.

On the subject of discussing angelic beings we should probably restrict ourselves on the matter of angels or spirit beings according to the word of God. Let everyone and anyone making sensational claims about them be subject to the word of God. When the Bible remains silent on a subject it is probably best to exhibit such wisdom of ourselves. The Reformation brought to an end the wildly speculative and superstitious methods of interpretation. For example, the occult and spiritualism demonstrates a high fascination with angels, demons, demonic worship, and special revelation. At the very least we could suggest that these fascinations are symptomatic of going apostate - imo. This is of course, something Protestant Reformers worked against in order to bring the Church back to orthodoxy through the Five Solas. Five Solas or foundational pillars which I have found that the original poster has already violated.

God bless,
              William
              Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post

Cherubim had as far as human likeness four faces and up to four wings. That is, as far as human likeness goes, they had "four faces". Seraphim six wings. It appears to me that these heavenly creatures each have a unique role distinct from the class of angels. However, if you're simply meaning angelic beings as in the spiritual realm I can understand the general classification.

On the subject of discussing angelic beings we should probably restrict ourselves on the matter of angels or spirit beings according to the word of God. Let everyone and anyone making sensational claims about them be subject to the word of God. When the Bible remains silent on a subject it is probably best to exhibit such wisdom of ourselves. The Reformation brought to an end the wildly speculative and superstitious methods of interpretation. For example, the occult and spiritualism demonstrates a high fascination with angels, demons, demonic worship, and special revelation. At the very least we could suggest that these fascinations are symptomatic of going apostate - imo. This is of course, something Protestant Reformers worked against in order to bring the Church back to Orthodoxy through the Five Solas. Five Solas or foundational pillars which I have found that the OP has violated.

God bless,
                William
                That's a great take on the Bible. I agree, we should stick very strictly to the Bible.
                Comment>

Originally posted by Child of God View Post
                  This song mentions angels calling a person out by their name;

There you have it. The Black Crowes, a rock band, become the authority for beliefs concerning angels. Is there no common sense left in the world?
                  Comment>

Originally posted by Child of God View Post

Neither do your claims prove that they do not have wings. I merely told the truth, you can believe it or not, it makes no difference to me.
                    Child of God, I think the greater question is did what you see bring you to repentance and become a Genuine Born Again Child of God? What changes has that brought that has lasted all these years? Are you now studding the Bible on a daily basis, going to church, witnessing to other'e? The big issue is not seeing something, but what has happened with Jesus Christ in your life, is he truly your Lord and Savior

Forget twhat you saw dwell on Jesus and how He has Saved you. Is that the case?

justme
                    Comment>

On tthe Ark of the Covenant the Cherubim has a human head wings and a body of a bull, that just for information's sake.

justme
                      Comment>

Here is a bit more information concerning the seraphim and cherubim.

The word "seraphim" is only used twice in the Bible (i.e. Is 6:2, 6). The word "seraphim" is the plural form of the noun "saraph" (i.e.שָׂרָף) which mean "snake\serpent." There is also the verb form of the root which means שׂרף "to burn." The seraphim are described as having six wings.

The cherubim are mentioned many times in the O.T. Ezekiel give a much fuller description of the cherubim. They have:

(1) four wings
                        (2) the soles of their feet were like the sole of a calf’s foot
                        (3) they had human hands
                        (4) they sparkled like burnished bronze
                        (5) each one has four faces (i.e. man, lion, ox and eagle)
                        (6) Ezekiel refers to them as living creatures

In the book of Revelation John refers to living creatures. John description of them are as follows:

(1) they are full of eyes
                        (2) they have six wings
                        (3) There are four living creatures each one with a different face
                        a. one has the face of a man
                        b. one has the face of an ox
                        c. one has the face of a lion
                        d. one has the face of eagle

Last edited by Origen; 08-13-2017, 11:39 AM.
                        Comment>

Here is a bit more information concerning the seraphim and cherubim.

The word "seraphim" is only used twice in the Bible (i.e. Is 6:2, 6). The word "seraphim" is the plural form of the noun "saraph" (i.e.שָׂרָף) which mean "snake\serpent." There is also the verb form of the root which means שׂרף"to burn." The seraphim are described as having six wings.

The cherubim are mentioned many times in the O.T. Ezekiel give a much fuller description of the cherubim. They have:

(1) four wings
                          (2) the soles of their feet were like the sole of a calf’s foot
                          (3) they had human hands
                          (4) they sparkled like burnished bronze
                          (5) each one has four faces (i.e. man, lion, ox and eagle)
                          (6) Ezekiel refers to them as living creatures

In the book of Revelation John refers to living creatures. John description of them are as follows:

(1) they are full of eyes
                          (2) they have six wings
                          (3) There are four living creatures each one with a different face
                          a. one has the face of a man
                          b. one has the face of an ox
                          c. one has the face of a lion
                          d. one has the face of eagle

Yeah, they are some kind of creature which serves God. Those are some of the descriptions I was referring to.
                          Comment>

Today God speaks in His WORD. I have has the Holy Spirit Direct speak to my soul three times. Each time I obeyed and each time His direction was perfectly proven and was true. Once his voice to my inner being or Soul proved to save our lives We were on our honeymoon, the cabin we rented on Big Bear.Lake in California, caught fire. We were asleep, the Holy Spirit told me to" get up it was not our time to die" I wole up to the cabin filled with smoke so thick we could not breathe. I carried my bride out the door and she wole up, we called for help and they took out the source of the smoke. This was on our third ningt of our honeymoon. We have always blessed the Lord for His close watchcare of us. Praise the Lord.

justme
                            Comment>
                            Working...
                            X
                            Articles - News - SiteMap