Christian Testimonies: The Stories of Our Lives Christian testimonies are the stories told by believers about what God has done and is doing in their lives.

The Jaws of hell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Jaws of hell

There was a time earlier in my Christian journey when God dealt more with me in dreams and visions than He does now, though He still does from time to time. After a fast He would give me a dream or vision while I was asleep, that was very realistic, just as if it was real and I was a witness or a participant.

Matthew 6:3-4 KJVS
    But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: [4] That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

and,

Acts 2:17 KJVS
    And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

and,

Job 33:14-17 KJVS
    For God speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not.
    [15] In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed; [16] Then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction, [17] That he may withdraw man from his purpose, and hide pride from man.

I had ended a fast that day and went to sleep that night. As I slept God sent a terribly vivid vision or dream. In this I was an observer but not a participant. I was watching two men wrestling, struggling against each other. They were stereotypical of men in the world, each trying to get an advantage over the other. To climb higher, be better, make more money and all of the rest that's part of the ways of the world. It wasn't black there but was very dark and shadowy.

Behind these men and not noticed by them was an imposing, dreadful apparatus. Imagine if you will a massive set of jaws similar to those we have. Both the top and bottom jaws were lined with massive rectangular teeth, each tooth being say fifteen feet in height and ten feet in width. These "teeth" were in a straight line top and bottom, not curved as a human jaw. The entire structure appeared to be made of old, massive pieces of steel or iron.

The impressive thing about the teeth was that each one was hinged where it met the solid iron jaw. The top teeth hinged at the tops and the bottom teeth hinged at the bottoms. As the jaws opened vertically each of these teeth would begin to hinge back and forth at random and in so doing would make a sort of gobbling action. And one more thing, it seems that all that hinging back and forth of all those iron teeth made a terrible squealing noise as iron on iron is apt to do. With this sort of motion anything close to those fearful jaws would be gobbled to the inside. What lay on the other side of those jaws I did not want to think about.

Now, I'd always considered that the gates of hell, what few times I did think of them, were set side by side like all the gates we are familiar with. What the Spirit of God was showing me here was a massive, terrible gate that opened like some freight elevators, top gate goes up, bottom jaw goes down.

These were the gates of hell that these two ignorant men were were next to. So close to being gobbled up and not even aware of it. Have you escaped by crying out to Jesus? As they wrestled, rolling back and forth on the ground, they moved against those horrible gobbling teeth, gobbling, hinging back and forth. They were quickly consumed by the jaws and delivered to the darkness on the other side.

After they were eaten, the teeth ceased their gobbling and were still. It was quiet after Jaws and teeth stopped. The jaws were closed and the teeth were together, similar to our jaws when shut with teeth resting together. All the while I had been standing off to one side, away from the jaws, quietly, fearfully witnessing the whole thing.

After some unknown period of time had passed, years or minutes I know not, the jaws opened again and spat out those two men. Immediately I saw them as they were both laboring in a large, busy restaurant. They were joyfully rushing from table to table and at one point actually dove together to catch a small crumb that had fallen from one of the tables.

As this scene played the Lord began a narrative about these men. Though I was deep in sleep it was as if i were watching a movie, He said; "these two men after experiencing these gates, and more to the point, what horrors awaited them on the other side of them, would do anything to avoid returning there. No job would be to hard, dirty or difficult, no hours would be too long, no conditions too harsh or adverse. They would cheerfully do any and every task and praise God all the while they worked. They would never complain. But in reality this cannot happen. Once a person, man or woman, passes through those jaws they can never return. Hell is a one way ticket. They have entered forever. This is the message that came with the terrible scenes and emotions. I was like Job who lamented;

Job 7:13-14 KJVS
    When I say, My bed shall comfort me, my couch shall ease my complaint;
    [14] Then thou scarest me with dreams, and terrifiest me through visions:

After that I awoke. My heart and my mind were racing and a fear gripped me that I will not even attempt to describe. "Lord, is that me"!? I didn't know what to say or do. As I lie there a verse of scripture was strongly impressed to my heart and mind. With the bed side lamp on, I grabbed my bible and turned as quickly as I could to Hebrews 10:35;

Hebrews 10:35 KJVS
    Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward

A great wave of relief and Thanksgiving replaced my fear and apprehension. He has given me dreams of great beauty, peace and encouragement from time to time but this dream was a warning for all.
    So let us all be advised. God does not give such things just to pass the time.

Hebrews 10:31 KJVS
    It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

2 Corinthians 5:11 KJVS
    Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

Paul knew the terror of the Lord. Pray God that you escape those Jaws. If you are a Christian, a person that has been born again and is a dedicated disciple of Jesus then rejoice. You have escaped the damnation of hell. I post this for me and for all who believe and all who will come to believe. Any peace, comfort, quietness of spirit you are presently enjoying is because God has graciously granted it. I can get still and quiet at any time and realize that the peace of God and His wonderful presence surrounds me. The Holy Spirit of God is wonderfully here! Praise be for His gift of peace. Try to imagine what it would be like without His presence and peace. You cannot because even as a sinner He allowed us all to have a measure of His presence. I doubt if you can imagine his absence unless He has allowed you to briefly experience it. The absence of the peace of God is the atmosphere of hell.

That's what it's like on the far side of those gates. He did not give me this for myself but for whosoever will. He that has ears to hear let him hear. I have been chastened and scourged by God and I praise Him for it, for He still is dealing with me as a son. A blow from the correcting hand of God is better than any kind embrace from others, since He is directing us in His ways.

Hebrews 5:8 KJVS
    Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;

Mark 7:16 KJVS
    If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.

Though I've been saved 40 years, in the last year friends God has yanked me out of one life and thrust me into another more serious, sober one. God never stops working in us. Never. Think that since you've been saved and then baptized in His Holy Spirit that the work's all done? Wrong, way wrong. You will be amazed to find that God will find plenty of wrinkles in your spiritual garments that need a good ironing.

Philippians 1:6 KJVS
    Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

It's for our good and training that the Holy Spirit shapes us and for the good and teaching of everyone that listens. I do not pretend to know everything and there are no experts on God. Like the disciples we can only speak the things we've seen, heard and experienced that align with the word of God.

May the Lord settle and comfort you, cause you to see that though the path be hard and narrow, hedged with briars, He always walks with you.

In His service,

Frank Lee Jennings

To me, I've always not believed the theology that ''People burn eternally in Hell after death, if they aren't righteous.''
    I would't love such a God who would design such a place (Hell) and the Bible clearly describes Him as a Loving God! If we read the scriptures and let it interpret itself, then we have a true insight that when a man dies, he is asleep without feelings or sane awaiting for the judgement day where now the consequences will befall him ( that is the burning sulphur, hell, described clearly in Revelation.)
    Comment>

Originally posted by David View Post
      If we read the scriptures and let it interpret itself, then we have a true insight that when a man dies, he is asleep without feelings or sane awaiting for the judgement day
      It is unfortunate that SDA's and others teach the false doctrine of Soul- Sleep by focusing on the Old Testament Scriptures (which seemingly suggest this).

If we want the truth, we need to search all the Scriptures, particularly the New Testament, and the words of Christ. According to everything that is in the Scriptures (a) Hades is now the place to which the unsaved dead go, (b) Hades is a place of conscious torment even while awaiting the final judgment which will be in the Lake of Fire, (c) all the Old Testament saints are now in Heaven, and that is ever since the resurrection of Christ, (d) all believers who die in Christ go immediately to be with Him in Heaven, not to sleep but to be fully alive and conscious, (e) Hell -- the Lake of Fire -- is a place of eternal conscious torment and eternal separation from God, (f) Hell was originally created for the Devil and his angels, but is also reserved for all those who are not written in the Lamb's Book of Life.

Therefore Soul-Sleep, Reincarnation, Annihilationism, etc. are all false doctrines, and give false hopes to people who should hear the truth and respond to the Gospel. It is precisely because of Hell that God sent His only begotten Son into the world in order to become the Lamb of God which taketh away the sin of the world (John 1:29; 3:16).

When Scripture speaks of those who "sleep in Jesus" it is a reference to their dead bodies which are in repose in their graves and give the appearance of sleep. Study the death of Stephen in Acts 7 and 8 to fully grasp what "sleeps" and what is actually awake.
      Comment>

Originally posted by Lucas View Post
        It is unfortunate that SDA's and others teach the false doctrine of Soul- Sleep by focusing on the Old Testament Scriptures (which seemingly suggest this).

If we want the truth, we need to search all the Scriptures, particularly the New Testament, and the words of Christ. According to everything that is in the Scriptures (a) Hades is now the place to which the unsaved dead go, (b) Hades is a place of conscious torment even while awaiting the final judgment which will be in the Lake of Fire, (c) all the Old Testament saints are now in Heaven, and that is ever since the resurrection of Christ, (d) all believers who die in Christ go immediately to be with Him in Heaven, not to sleep but to be fully alive and conscious, (e) Hell -- the Lake of Fire -- is a place of eternal conscious torment and eternal separation from God, (f) Hell was originally created for the Devil and his angels, but is also reserved for all those who are not written in the Lamb's Book of Life.

Therefore Soul-Sleep, Reincarnation, Annihilationism, etc. are all false doctrines, and give false hopes to people who should hear the truth and respond to the Gospel. It is precisely because of Hell that God sent His only begotten Son into the world in order to become the Lamb of God which taketh away the sin of the world (John 1:29; 3:16).

When Scripture speaks of those who "sleep in Jesus" it is a reference to their dead bodies which are in repose in their graves and give the appearance of sleep. Study the death of Stephen in Acts 7 and 8 to fully grasp what "sleeps" and what is actually awake.
        Hi Lucas, it's not because of Hell that God sent Christ (His begotten son) but it's because we had;
        -disobeyed His word there in the beginning 'thou shall not eat the fruit that comes from the plant in the midst of the garden'
        -fallen short of His glory/character
        -lost the constant (holy) communion we had with Him before man ate the forbidden fruit
        Comment>

Hi Lucas, it's not because of Hell that God sent Christ (His begotten son) but it's because we had;
          -disobeyed His word there in the beginning 'thou shall not eat the fruit that comes from the plant in the midst of the garden'
          -fallen short of His glory/character -lost the constant (holy) communion we had with Him before man ate the forbidden fruit
          Agreed. But we must take things to their ultimate and logical conclusion.

1. Adam was told that the day he sinned he would die. Since he did not drop dead physically, we must conclude that this death was separation from God. And for Adam and Eve, it meant being driven out of the Garden of Eden. Eventually Adam did die physically after about 900 years.

2. Scripture tells us that it was by this one man Adam, that sin entered into the world, and death by sin, and so death passed upon all men for that all have sinned (Rom 5:12). So now all human beings are born separated from God and subject to physical death.

3. Because men are spiritually dead, the Lord Jesus Christ emphatically proclaimed that "Ye MUST be born again". Yet all men do not believe the Gospel, therefore all are not born again.

4. Then the Bible speaks of the Second Death, which is eternal separation from God in the Lake of Fire. This includes eternal torment, with weeping and gnashing of teeth, in outer darkness. So this is the end result of Adam's disobedience.

5. Now we can properly conclude that when the Bible says (John 3:16) "should not perish" it is not speaking about vaporization or annihilation but utter and eternal ruin of body, soul, and spirit in Hell. Therefore, because God "so loved the world", He sent His only begotten Son to prevent human beings from going to Hell. Only those who are in Christ are written in the Lamb's Book of Life. All others will be consigned to the Lake of Fire.
          Last edited by Lucas; 06-27-2017, 07:57 PM.
          Comment>

Originally posted by Lucas View Post
            Agreed. But we must take things to their ultimate and logical conclusion.

1. Adam was told that the day he sinned he would die. Since he did not drop dead physically, we must conclude that this death was separation from God. And for Adam and Eve, it meant being driven out of the Garden of Eden. Eventually Adam did die physically after about 900 years.

2. Scripture tells us that it was by this one man Adam, that sin entered into the world, and death by sin, and so death passed upon all men for that all have sinned (Rom 5:12). So now all human beings are born separated from God and subject to physical death.

3. Because men are spiritually dead, the Lord Jesus Christ emphatically proclaimed that "Ye MUST be born again". Yet all men do not believe the Gospel, therefore all are not born again.

4. Then the Bible speaks of the Second Death, which is eternal separation from God in the Lake of Fire. This includes eternal torment, with weeping and gnashing of teeth, in outer darkness. So this is the end result of Adam's disobedience.

5. Now we can properly conclude that when the Bible says (John 3:16) "should not perish" it is not speaking about vaporization or annihilation but utter and eternal ruin of body, soul, and spirit in Hell. Therefore, because God "so loved the world", He sent His only begotten Son to prevent human beings from going to Hell. Only those who are in Christ are written in the Lamb's Book of Life. All others will be consigned to the Lake of Fire.
            Alright..
            1. Death was a 'Consequence' of Sin..they had already separated themselves from God the moment they disobeyed/ate the forbidden fruit. You know the verse that says 'Our sins/iniquity separates us from God'..
            2.I agree with point2. In addition, Yes, man is a fallen being..subjected to physical death, but when she's/he's justified by Christ through his/her daily repentance and he is forgiven, he/she shall surely be saved from death (the physical) and rise again in the 2nd return of Christ and live eternally in His kingdom where he/she belongs.
            3.I believe man is born again through Baptism. Because Christ said so. So, after Baptism, most don't take a step of walking through the christian-walk (which is a daily/constant walk) and thereby falling short..
            4.I agree totally, but that statement of 'eternal torment' NOT AT ALL. I would gift anyone who comes-up with a Bible text especially from the original King James Bible version that mentions eternal torment. A loving God wouldn't subject man to this, even the sinners themselves. Eternally? How would you love such a God? This theology, impacts fear in man which doesn't love out-of-will but out-of-fear. I believe how the Bible in Revelation explains it self, that, Eternal death is when sinners will burn in the Lake of Fire during the period (1000years) when the saints ascend to heaven to live with Christ as they will be given all the reasons as to why sin and sinners are to be wiped away through eternal death (not torment, torment doesn't end) and it's the period they will be wiped all tears and they'll all eventually proclaim that ''God, your ways are just!''
            5.In this point, I totally Agree with you.
            But the key point why Christ came to earth is to re-claim or re-unite man to God/ saving man from sin.
            Direct forgiveness of man through Christ (through personal repentance/prayer). I thank God for this, since it was a loooong way/process expressed in the Old Testament how man was to be forgiven (through the sanctuary message) until that day the curtain torn into two (pieces).

Thanks for your message Lucas,
            Regards.
            Comment>

How would you love such a God? This theology, impacts fear in man which doesn't love out-of-will but out-of-fear.
              This pretty much sums up my initial response to the Lord. I was awe struck in fear by His Justice, Wrath, and Majesty, as well as later His Mercy, Grace, and Love. Fear is a fruit of regeneration. It was when I took to my knees and understood the severity and extent of my depravity did I fear the Lord and understand my destiny apart from the Lord's monergistic works.

As to how anyone can love a God that condemns to Hell, I think it known by Christians that nobody else is more Just than God, nobody else has completed or enough knowledge to make such a decision, and whether God condemns a sinner to hell by His Justice or Wrath, or whether God demonstrates His Mercy and Grace, one thing is for certain - the Saints shall praise Him.

P.S. David, the thread has been focused upon you rather than the OP. If you are feeling as though you are being singled out for your own personal view which has nothing to do with the OP just say so. Use the "Flag" option located under each posts. Lets get back to the OP and center on the Original Post(er).

God bless,
              William
              Comment>

If there is no eternal punishment for unrepented sin then there is no eternal reward for the righteousness that is found only in Christ Jesus. Paul said:

Galatians 1:8-9 KJVS
                But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Remarkably he repeats the verse.

[9] As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Accursed does not say sleep, or rest or go to a neutral corner. A curse is just that.

Changing hell into some kind of second prize is far from the truth. I really hate to see self deception practiced by anyone. You don't change the word of God. I rarel

Satan and his angels will be punished /tormented forever in this place. Examine your reasons whosoever would change or have a private interpretation of the Scriptures.

Hell is hell and is very real. Be not deceived.
                Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post

This pretty much sums up my initial response to the Lord. I was awe struck in fear by His Justice, Wrath, and Majesty, as well as later His Mercy, Grace, and Love. Fear is a fruit of regeneration. It was when I took to my knees and understood the severity and extent of my depravity did I fear the Lord and understand my destiny apart from the Lord's monergistic works.

As to how anyone can love a God that condemns to Hell, I think it known by Christians that nobody else is more Just than God, nobody else has completed or enough knowledge to make such a decision, and whether God condemns a sinner to hell by His Justice or Wrath, or whether God demonstrates His Mercy and Grace, one thing is for certain - the Saints shall praise Him.

P.S. David, the thread has been focused upon you rather than the OP. If you are feeling as though you are being singled out for your own personal view which has nothing to do with the OP just say so. Use the "Flag" option located under each posts. Lets get back to the OP and center on the Original Post(er).

God bless,
                  William
                  Thanks William.
                  The post/message is really blessing and profound to me.
                  The title was just what captured my attention and I just wanted to clear my head-up by an engaging conversation which often helps.
                  It's my pleasure to get back to the exact message..I didn't mean to center it on myself, but it's been of help. Thanks to all who gave their opinions.
                  I didn't feel singled out, for the record, I'm happy to be part of this community.
                  Comment>
                  Working...
                  X
                  Articles - News - SiteMap