Christian Testimonies: The Stories of Our Lives Christian testimonies are the stories told by believers about what God has done and is doing in their lives.

Its been a strange, long journey.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its been a strange, long journey.

Hello, everyone. I was raised Roman Catholic and Anglican. As an adult I almost became a Priest and Monk of the Anglican Tradition, and later lost my Faith in Jesus altogether. I continued to believe in God himself, which was something, and continued to go to places where at least God was preached, if not Jesus. One day recently (29 May of this year, my 42nd birthday, after 11 years of not believing in Jesus), I was sitting in a Lutheran Church (Missouri Synod) after services. I had gone with a friend. I was minding my own business, being polite, and trying to say a basic prayer, when all of a sudden, out of the clear blue, Jesus reached his hand to me from the Cross, and said, "You are a sinner, and deserve eternal punishment and damnation. But take my hand, Sinner, and be saved!"

At first I thought I was cracking up. I mean, who has a Vision nowadays? But then, two minutes later, it happened again, as if to reassure me that no, I was not psychotic, this WAS real! Well, who am I to resist God? I went to the Pastor and asked to be instructed in the Lutheran Faith immediately. I mean, I knew something about it from my studies already, but I studied it in detail from the Pastor, and memorised Luther's Small Catechism. I was confirmed on 21 Auguest 2016. I am now reading the Book of Concord, to which our Church subscribes in a Quia manner. Any Lutheran will know what I mean. For the rest of you, it just means that we believe that it is a correct explanation of Scripture.

Anyway, its nice to have found this board. I hope to enjoy myself here. And it is a pleasure to meet you all.

Pleasure to meet you too, Diego. And welcome to Christforums!

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Originally posted by Diego View Post
      I am now reading the Book of Concord
      I hope you are reading the Bible as well. Welcome to the forum.
      Clyde Herrin's Blog
      Comment>

Naturally, Theophilus. The Book of Concord is a very valuable document, but without the Bible, it is nothing. I have bought a copy of "The Lutheran Study Bible" as published by Concordia Publishing House, which is considered by many to be one of the best study Bibles on the market. The Book of Concord that I have is a companion Reader's Edition to that Bible. They were published with the intention of being used as a set.
        Comment>

ts a little late, but I was unable to post until now. So a late welcome!I
          Comment>

JUSTME, & I thank you for your greeting!
            Comment>

JUSTME, & I thank you for your greeting!
              Diego where have you been? Come on back!

Comment>

Welcome to Christ Forums Diego!
                Comment>

ORIGEN, thank you. I apologise for my absence. my computer pooped, and now I am on a tablet.I have also been rather busy as of late with two research projects and family matters. I shall try to be more attentive, however. Peace.
                  Comment>

ORIGEN, thank you. I apologise for my absence. my computer pooped, and now I am on a tablet.I have also been rather busy as of late with two research projects and family matters. I shall try to be more attentive, however. Peace.
                    You are very welcome. I pray that everything comes together for you. You are a valuable member and we need you here.
                    Comment>

Sin is the greatest enemy of a Christian, please run away from sin.
                      Read your Bible always.
                      Comment>

Abundant blessing is for him that created relationship with Christ Jesus.
                        Comment>

Originally posted by josea4577 View Post
                          Sin is the greatest enemy of a Christian, please run away from sin.
                          Read your Bible always.
                          I have found running is not always the answer to sin. I have to look squarely at the sin in my life and face it off. Calling my sin what it really is part of my repentance. I face it, call it by what it is, which is part of confessing it to Jesus, and then after the Lord Jesus forgives me, then I run as fast as I can to catch up with Jesus and walk with Him. 1 John 1:9

What do you think about what I just said?
                          Comment>

Hello, JUSTME. I think you may in fact have a point. I often find that in order to quit a bad habit, or to change a moral failing, one must often be responsible to another person. I am currently working on a certain matter with my Pastor in this regard. This is part of calling the sin what it is.
                            Comment>

God will continue to give us power to overcome sin, while we keep reading His words in Jesus name. Amen!
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap