Christian Testimonies: The Stories of Our Lives Christian testimonies are the stories told by believers about what God has done and is doing in their lives.

New friend!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New friend!

Hey all! Instead of sharing my life story, I'll share a testimony about what God's doing in my life right now!

At the moment, he's building discipline in me. I've gotten into this bad habit of being addicted to entertainment - TV, computer games, etc. It's hard even to read anymore. But through his grace, with a lot of stumbling, I've gotten through The Practice of the Presence of God (just finished it today, actually!) I took notes as I read; I prayed, and I memorized Scripture. It felt good to start something and finish it. I haven't been doing it every day, and normally that would feel like "failure," and I'd quit. But the Holy Spirit definitely encouraged me to keep going without guilt!

There's more, but that's all I'd like to share for now. I'll see you guys around, and definitely share more about myself in bits and pieces!

Hello Listener,

Soli Deo Gloria!

Welcome to Christforums, and congratulations on overcoming that obstacle! Hope your time and fellowship here is fruitful.

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Hi Listener1987, WELCOME TO CF :) How wonderful to see how God is continuing to work in and direct your life to make you more and more like His Son .. Philippians 1:6. Thank you for sharing that with us! I echo William's, Soli Deo Gloria.

I'm glad you joined us and I look forward to getting to know you and to growing in Christ together with you.

God bless you! (Numbers 6:24-26)

--David
      p.s. - I read Brother Lawrence's book many years ago and I remember what a profound effect it had on my life as a new believer. Thank you for reminding me of it :)
      Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
      Comment>

Hello and welcome listener1987
        Comment>

That is an excellent book. I found it very helpful.
          Clyde Herrin's Blog
          Comment>
          Working...
          X
          Articles - News - SiteMap