Christian Testimonies: The Stories of Our Lives Christian testimonies are the stories told by believers about what God has done and is doing in their lives.

You may not believe me, but please don't ridicule me.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You may not believe me, but please don't ridicule me.

It is hard for me to find a place to talk about my experiences with God without being ridiculed by someone. "You're lying", "That's impossible", "God doesn't work that way", "You're insane", "That only happened before Christ". I've heard it all and coming from atheists or agnostics it's to be expected. It saddens me when I hear it from Christians.

If you don't believe me, that's fine, that's to be expected that some don't have the same faith. Saying you don't believe me and calling me a liar are two different things, however.

That being said, my story.

For as long as I can remember I have communicated with God. I have come to understand it is the same way some people hear the holy ghost, as an internal dialog.

I would say my first true memory was when I was around four, I was playing with my older brother and sister and I mentioned how much fun I was having and that I would love remembering it when I was older and they said they didn't remember anything from before they were five. This put me off and I decided to remember everything I could so I wouldn't lose the memories.

I remembered a lot, but not everything. I remembered being born, meting in the womb and waking up with the umbilical cord wrapped around my neck choking me when I cried out to God and he loosened it.

I remember a time before that, but that is probably left for another discussion.

I have met a few people who hear God the same way I do which gives me comfort and find that their beliefs and interpretations of the bible follow mine.

I have dedicated my life to understanding the bible and God which left me little time to understand man. I have come to understand the bible and as much as I can about God, now I have to learn how to explain it to others, now I have to learn about man so I can explain it.

God has given me the gift of faith, the faith that can move mountains and I have been able to do some incredible things.

My life has always been weird as I live in the world but not truly part of it. I'm working with God learning how to forgive, learning to put my faith in God, learning more and more of the bible, understanding the promises in it, learning the nature of miracles, being amazed at the power of God, being thrilled with new experiences, going through difficulties so I could learn from them. It's been an amazing life at times I've hated every second of it, at times loved every second of it and have come to realize the meaning of all of it.

The sad part is that this was just the training.

Through my life I have found very few I could talk to about my life with God as there are few who understand. Too many believe that the faith to move mountains is impossble. Just about every time I have told an ancedote about god performing a miracle people don't believe me.

There are too many false prophets in the world. Too many who use the authority of God to make money so that people fear charletons. To paraphrase a joke I once heard, those who claim to be prophets really irritate those of us who are.

I am here simply to find Christians to talk to about biblical matters who I won't have to try to prove anything just to get a better understanding of something.

Originally posted by Serpardum View Post
    I am here simply to find Christians to talk to about biblical matters who I won't have to try to prove anything just to get a better understanding of something.
    Hello Serpardum,

Looking forward to engaging you in Biblical topics. Hope your fellowship here is fruitful!

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

I have found over the years, that Christian forums are probably the worst place in the world to discuss any Christian topic. This is because no matter what you say, it will be ridiculed, blasted and hung out to dry. You will be hung up by your thumbs verbally, told to prove every single thing you write about, and you are always wrong, no matter what you say. For years I've been a member of a Christian website, (a different one) and during that entire time I made thousands of posts but I think I made exactly two postings about Christian topics in that site. It's a scary thing talking to other Christians because they all know better than you do about everything but the color of your socks. Serpardum... if you talk to God and you listen to Him... you are a special kind of person, as many or perhaps even most of us refuse to do that. We talk, but we don't listen, and God has a lot to say at times. So good for you if you are listening. :) Keep it up.
      Comment>

Welcome Serpardum
        Comment>

Well I think that this is general attitude that we all need to have at certain times in our lives. I am pretty sure that we have all been met with criticism or questioning of our faith throughout the years, and I have some particular friends who always seem to get the best of me. I am okay with it, of course, as long as it is done in a manner that is not considered ridicule. If you are genuine and are open to beliefs and want to have an honest discussion, though, by all means I am open to talk. Thanks for sharing.
          Comment>

Serpardum,

Matthew 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

What matters most in my book is that one loves the Lord with all their heart mind and soul and their neighbor as themselves.

I too am new and have had numerous "God Experiences" some on here might take issue with. Over the years I've learned there are certain subjective experiences that should neither be chronicled nor disseminated for mass consumption and consideration. Instead in this, as in all things, I've found it most profitable for all involved to defer to the Holy Spirit to provide the appropriate venue, audience and unction to share those experiences.

Romans 14:22 The faith which thou hast, have thou to thyself before God. Happy is he that judgeth not himself in that which he approveth.

Comment>

Originally posted by Scoche View Post
              Serpardum,

Matthew 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

What matters most in my book is that one loves the Lord with all their heart mind and soul and their neighbor as themselves.

I too am new and have had numerous "God Experiences" some on here might take issue with. Over the years I've learned there are certain subjective experiences that should neither be chronicled nor disseminated for mass consumption and consideration. Instead in this, as in all things, I've found it most profitable for all involved to defer to the Holy Spirit to provide the appropriate venue, audience and unction to share those experiences.

Romans 14:22 The faith which thou hast, have thou to thyself before God. Happy is he that judgeth not himself in that which he approveth.
              Hi Scoche,

Just wanted to welcome you to our forum.

God bless,
              William
              Comment>

He's gone now, apparently, but in any event, I wish him well on his journey. One does need a thick skin to participate in fora that might call for some apologetics, but the rewards are fairly good too, in that we get more entrenched in our faith.
                Comment>

Hi there brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus! Hugs. And thank you so much for this forum. It is heart warming and soul enriching to read the posts and navigate my way around here. I thank God for the blessing of others and their insight into God's precious Word and their very intimate experiences with the Lord and Saviour we all love and worship. It is exhilarating to be amongst other dear souls who so value their relationship with Jesus and wish more than anything to be closer and closer to Him. I can only imagine how Jesus see you all. How beautiful the picture in my mind. I yearn for the same things, also the same closeness and understanding of what we sometimes experience in our souls and lives. But most of all learn to trust more and more His will not my own. God bless and keep each and every one of you dear souls. Thank you.
                  Comment>

Hello Marlena,
                    Welcome.

Arthur
                    Comment>

Thank you Arthur! God bless you.
                      Comment>

Hello, Marlena! Welcome to an excellent forum!
                        Comment>

Hi Marlena, WELCOME TO CF :) I'm looking forward to getting to know you, and to growing in Christ together with you!

God bless you! (Numbers 6:24-26)

--David
                          p.s. - Happy Birthday :) I see you just turned 50-14 (isn't there a Beatles' song about being 64?) I just turned 50-10 on September 2nd this year.
                          Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
                          Comment>

Originally posted by St_Worm2 View Post
                            Hi Marlena, WELCOME TO CF :) I'm looking forward to getting to know you, and to growing in Christ together with you!

God bless you! (Numbers 6:24-26)

--David
                            p.s. - Happy Birthday :) I see you just turned 50-14 (isn't there a Beatles' song about being 64?) I just turned 50-10 on September 2nd this year.
                            Then I should have posted this a few days ago.

Comment>

Originally posted by Origen View Post
                              Then I should have posted this a few days ago.

I LOVE IT :)

THANKS Brother!!
                              Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap