Here is the one sub-forum to ask mainline Protestants everything you have always wanted to know...

Out of place

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of place

Shalom! I'm not sure I'm welcome here. If I'm not, you can just say so, and I'll certainly respect that and leave.

My name is Meir-Simchah. I'm Jewish. Fourteen years ago, as a young man, I moved to Israel. I was born and raised in northern Virginia and grew up in a place where almost everyone was culturally, if not religiously, Christian. I also lived in southwestern Virginia. So I spent decades living among Christians, and I know more than many of my Jewish peers, but I realize that there's also a great deal about which I'm totally clueless. So I'd like to listen and learn.

Peace and love!

You're not welcome here. Just kidding.

Welcome, hope to have fruitful conversation soon.

To truth and righteousness.
    Comment>

Welcome, Meir-Simchah. Please feel free to engage in any topic you like. I love talking about God and His word, and this is a great place to do so. God bless!
      Comment>

Welcome. However I would definitely ask our owner is you can advertise your show. He has a place wher you can support the forum, but to do otherwise is unethical.

Are you Jewish or a Christian as I was uncertain as to what you were saying.
        Comment>

Originally posted by Meir-Simchah View Post
          Shalom! I'm not sure I'm welcome here. If I'm not, you can just say so, and I'll certainly respect that and leave.

My name is Meir-Simchah. I'm Jewish. Fourteen years ago, as a young man, I moved to Israel. I was born and raised in northern Virginia and grew up in a place where almost everyone was culturally, if not religiously, Christian. I also lived in southwestern Virginia. So I spent decades living among Christians, and I know more than many of my Jewish peers, but I realize that there's also a great deal about which I'm totally clueless. So I'd like to listen and learn.

Peace and love!
          Shalom Meir-Simchah, WELCOME TO CF!! I'm glad you found us

If you are interested in growing in your understanding of the Christian faith (especially from a Christian's perspective), this is a great place to do so. You are always welcome to observe, listen and learn, of course, but please don't hesitate to join in, ask us questions, etc. if you have them (and I hope you'll allow us to do the same concerning the Jewish faith if we have questions too).

Yours and His,
          David
          Matthew 5
          16 Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 7
          12 However you want people to treat you, so treat them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

1 Corinthians 13
          1 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

1 Peter 3
          15 Sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence.
          Comment>

Welcome sir. The group here seems to be very welcoming I have found.
            Comment>

I would not presume to speak for the group but I would think that anyone who is honestly seeking truth and is willing to learn would be most welcome.
              Last edited by Dutch; 12-27-2017, 02:19 PM.
              Comment>

Peace and love!
                Please don't have any qualms about coming here. We are all here for the same thing and that is learning and growing in God.

I would like to ask you, If you've had any experiences with others that have given you any reason to be so skidish at our front door? I know there are a lot of rear ends out there who do a lot of damage to our reputation, by doing things to others in our name.
                Comment>

Welcome to the forum!
                  Comment>

Welcome to the forum. If you want to learn about Christianity this is a good place to do it. I'm glad you realize there is a difference between cultural and religious Christians. This is a place where most of them are the religious kind.
                    Clyde Herrin's Blog
                    Comment>

Hi and Welcome -- we welcome questions :)
                      Comment>

Peace and love!
                        Welcome, Meir- Simchah!

I'm a native Northern Virginian, too! That's actually a pretty rare deal, as I'm sure you know. I was born in Fairfax and raised in Manassas. I also lived in Bristol, VA for a few years in college. Any questions you have will be gladly answered here, I can assure you. :)
                        Comment>

Originally posted by just_me View Post

Please don't have any qualms about coming here. We are all here for the same thing and that is learning and growing in God.

I would like to ask you, If you've had any experiences with others that have given you any reason to be so skidish at our front door? I know there are a lot of rear ends out there who do a lot of damage to our reputation, by doing things to others in our name.
                          No - this isn't about having had negative experiences with Christians. On the contrary. It's just about respecting a space in which people may wish to share in a way which would be difficult with an outsider around.
                          Comment>

Originally posted by ConfessionalLutheran View Post

Welcome, Meir- Simchah!

I'm a native Northern Virginian, too! That's actually a pretty rare deal, as I'm sure you know. I was born in Fairfax and raised in Manassas. I also lived in Bristol, VA for a few years in college. Any questions you have will be gladly answered here, I can assure you. :)
                            Nice! I grew up right off of the Fairfax County Parkway, the Sydenstricker exit, well, starting before the parkway had actually been constructed. I tell my kids how when I was in 3rd grade, my teacher had in one mother to talk about growing up there -- emphasis on *one*. Almost everyone there had moved in from someplace else :-) I don't know Bristol at all. After college, I lived and taught for a year in the Blacksburg-Christiansburg area. Loved it there.
                            Comment>

No - this isn't about having had negative experiences with Christians. On the contrary. It's just about respecting a space in which people may wish to share in a way which would be difficult with an outsider around.
                              We were all outsiders.
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap