Here is the one sub-forum to ask mainline Protestants everything you have always wanted to know...

Religious conversion

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Religious conversion

In many non-Christian countries Christian Missionaries are offering money and other benefits for the people who convert to Christianity. Conversion should be voluntarily, however, missionaries are paying poor non-Christian people money to become Christian. What do you think about this paid conversion?

Are you sure they are paying them to become Christians? There are many Christian organizations that help people in need and sometimes those they help become Christians in response to the love that is shown to them.
    Clyde Herrin's Blog
    Comment>

I agree with theOphilus as it is true that we can convert someone to our religion by helping them so they will be impressed and they will become Christian. If someone accepts Christianity for money then it would be the conversion. We can win someone's heart by helping them. There are chances that they will become Christian.
      Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
        Are you sure they are paying them to become Christians? There are many Christian organizations that help people in need and sometimes those they help become Christians in response to the love that is shown to them.
        My point is based on the news from India. India is predominantly a Hindu nation, however, it you are to believe reports in the media, Christian missionaries are offering money for conversion in the tribal areas.
        Comment>

I am from India and I too have heard about this. But there is no proof. The ruling party in India is a Pro-Hindu party and these types of news is very common. Christian missionaries have been a target since a long time now. The missionaries work with the tribals for their upliftment, the decision to convert maybe is due to the examples set by the christian missionaries in comparison to the Hindu people. I know many missionaries and I really don't think that they bribe the tribals to convert to Christianity. Such types of Christians, who convert for the sake of money, cannot be a good Christian.
          Comment>

Originally posted by luri View Post

My point is based on the news from India. India is predominantly a Hindu nation, however, it you are to believe reports in the media, Christian missionaries are offering money for conversion in the tribal areas.
            Even if it wasn't highly dubious on other grounds, paying people to "convert" would. scarcely be very effective. If they didn't really believe in the religion they had supposedly converted to, they would just take the money and make off - thinking Christians must be bloody stupid to hand out money like that.

It sounds like anti Christian propaganda to me.
            Comment>

As a previous poster commented -- there are those who don't like Christian missionaries. Medical missions treat the people- first -- in the process Of -- they are given the Gospel unto salvation. Lots of people Do accept Jesus Christ as personal Savior -- their hearts are receptive and they accept. Others Don't accept -- treatment is not with held.

Christianity does Not operate on 'pay first' basis. "Paid" belief is not heart belief.
              Comment>

Could you please tell us a few countries where paying people for conversion to Christianity takes place?

justme
                Comment>

Yes, that would be interesting to find out.
                  Comment>

Muslims are also doing the same thing, In Pakistan that is what they do to the Greek Minority known as Kalash. They try to convert them in exchange of food or jobs. Unlike Christianity though, Converts are free to leave if they like and their lives wont be in danger. In Islam you will be killed if you left Islam. Christianity if more forgiving. I mean look at the people who left Scientology. They got accepted back to Christianity with open arms. They are not forced to return to Christianity, They returned on their own will.
                    Comment>

Originally posted by Sparky View Post
                      Muslims are also doing the same thing, In Pakistan that is what they do to the Greek Minority known as Kalash. They try to convert them in exchange of food or jobs. Unlike Christianity though, Converts are free to leave if they like and their lives wont be in danger. In Islam you will be killed if you left Islam. Christianity if more forgiving. I mean look at the people who left Scientology. They got accepted back to Christianity with open arms. They are not forced to return to Christianity, They returned on their own will.

Your comment -- people 'returning to Christianity' -- meaning after having tried out a different belief system / scientology / are free to come back?! A person who accepts Jesus Christ as personal Savior doesn't loose their salvation -- people do wander at times. God Does forgive, yes, absolutely. Christianity is what Jesus Christ did on the cross for everyone. His bodily resurrection.

We've found that , even in America, Muslim families have been known to try to kill members of their families who want to leave their religious beliefs / to Westernize. That's one of the reasons 'we' are very concerned that Sharia law is Not accepted / allowed in this country because of the strong Muslim presence / influence.
                      Comment>

Most every state now has a special court fro Muslims where that wicked evil Sharia law is allowed. How shamefully this has been permitted!

justme
                        Comment>

Originally posted by justme View Post
                          Most every state now has a special court fro Muslims where that wicked evil Sharia law is allowed. How shamefully this has been permitted!

justme
                          I wasn't aware of that.
                          Comment>
                          Working...
                          X
                          Articles - News - SiteMap