Here is the one book to ask mainline Protestants everything you have always wanted to know...

Religious Tolerance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Religious Tolerance

Do you tolerate other religions? What's your religious tolerance level like? Do you think everyone should convert to Christianity or do you believe everyone has rights to practice his or her religion. Do you think people from other religions are actually sinners?
    My religious tolerance level is very high. I have strong faith on my religion, however, I also believe other person has rights to practice his faith.

Originally posted by luri View Post
    Do you tolerate other religions? What's your religious tolerance level like? Do you think everyone should convert to Christianity or do you believe everyone has rights to practice his or her religion. Do you think people from other religions are actually sinners?
    My religious tolerance level is very high. I have strong faith on my religion, however, I also believe other person has rights to practice his faith.
    There is no other way that a person can be saved than by Jesus Christ. Religious tolerance and believing what the bible says are two different things. Do I believe others should have a right to practice another faith, yes. Do I believe that they can be saved by another religion, no! And no other religious teacher ever claimed to be the only way to salvation, no such teacher as Buddha, Krishna, or Muhammad. Christianity is an exclusive religion.

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post

There is no other way that a person can be saved than by Jesus Christ. Religious tolerance and believing what the bible says are too different things. Do I believe others should have a right to practice an other faith, yes. Do I believe that they can be saved by another religion, no! And no other religious teacher ever claimed to be the only way to salvation, no such teacher as Buddha, Krishna, or Muhammad. Christianity is an exclusive religion.

God bless,
      William
      I agree with you word by word. If you are a true believer you cannot accept that another religion will save people, for example how can a true Christian believe that the a person who believes in Buddhism can actually be liberated. However, by becoming religiously tolerant, you believe in coexistance. For example you will let a Muslim practice his faith as long as he is not harming you or your society.
      Comment>

For example you will let a Muslim practice his faith as long as he is not harming you or your society.
        A Muslim should be allowed to practice his faith, but I must also practice my faith. My faith requires that I tell others, including this Muslim, that the only way of salvation is through faith in Jesus Christ.
        Clyde Herrin's Blog
        Comment>

I think it is important to tolerate other religions because it allows us to show the love and kindness that God has called us to show towards others. If we don't tolerate other religions, we can become bitter and develop prejudices towards other religions that can hinder our ability to show God's love towards them. I believe that everyone has a choice to follow whatever religion they please, since God has given us free will over our lives. However, this does not mean that I believe everyone else is right. I believe that salvation through Jesus is the only way to get to heaven and that all other religions or methods are false and will not save a person from their sins. We do not have to agree with everyone, we just have to show them the love of Jesus Christ, which is why I feel religious tolerance is very important for evangelism and sharing our faith!
          Comment>

Just because a person will not be saved by Christ, it doesn't mean I have to treat them rudely or discriminate them. I do treat people from other religions well because I felt like I represent the people of my fate. Also it is a way for me to make them spark interest on my religion.
            Comment>

Hello Everyone! I am new here. I feel that everyone has a right to their opinion but as far as religious tolerance, I do not believe that tolerance would be okay for me since I believe that there is only one way to be saved and that is through Jesus Christ. I am always nice to everyone but if asked, I would have to say that there is no hope except through Jesus Christ.
              Comment>

My tolerance for the religion of ISLAM is very low. For the Muslim people I have great empathy. A Person can not read the Qu'ran and not come to the awareness that a true genuine followers who call them self Muslim, are not people to be deeply concerned about. The Qu'ran tells Muslims to regard Christians and Jews as infidels. Infidels are the enemy of Allah and are to be lied to, and even killed or taken as a slave. It can't be misunderstood any differently. If Muslims were told to attack Christians or Jews, many would willingly obey. I have seen first hand the mean way Muslim women are treated. Islam is a wicked evil religion the enemy of Jews and Christians.. Islam is NOT a religion of peace!

I pray for Muslims to know jesus Christ and there are some who are coming to Christ, pray Muslims will continue to find christ.

justme
                Comment>

Do you tolerate other religions?
                  No, but I tolerate people of other religions because I have to.

What's your religious tolerance level like? Do you think everyone should convert to Christianity or do you believe everyone has rights to practice his or her religion.
                  No one has any moral right to practice a religion not Christianity, but they have a legal right to do it.

Do you think people from other religions are actually sinners?
                  Of course. For all have sinned....

As Paul the apostle said, we live in the world, so we have to tolerate the world. Yet Jesus also said, do not love the world. Thus false religions are to be tolerated but never embraced, and never yoked, for what harmony has Christ with Belial? 2 Corinthians 6:15
                  Comment>

Greetings outlawState, I see you are new here, so WELCOME TO CF!

Yours and His,
                    David
                    Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
                    Comment>

Originally posted by David Lee View Post
                      Greetings outlawState, I see you are new here, so WELCOME TO CF!

Yours and His,
                      David
                      Thanks. Greetings to you too.
                      Comment>
                      Working...
                      X
                      Articles - News - SiteMap