Here is the one book to ask mainline Protestants everything you have always wanted to know...

How do you reconcile your faith while living in a modernizing country?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you reconcile your faith while living in a modernizing country?

Good Morning! You can call me M, I’m an undergraduate student working on my senior thesis. I’m beyond fascinated by wonderful people like you living your faith in this continuously modernizing world. I would love to talk to you about the ways in which you reconcile this. I do not want to say too much more because I would love to hear from you guys first. I am conducting interviews (these can vary in length) with anyone who considers themselves religious, or attends church regularly. Please PM if this is something you are interested in and from there we can discuss what works for you! Even if you are not interested in the research, I would still love to chat and learn from you and your faith. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you! (Only seeking those from United States)
    -M

Hi M, welcome to the Forums. I'd be happy to talk with you one on one regarding Christianity and the post-modern society we live in.
    Comment>

Welcome M. It is good to have you here. I too have religious beliefs and I love the spiritual stuffs. This is indeed a great community where I am getting to know a lot about Christianity in detail. I really like to know about it and I am enjoying my time here. Hope you will enjoy your time here. God bless.
      Comment>

Hello, and welcome! I would also be open to talk. It's why I'm here in this forum, after all ;)
        Comment>

Just to note: Only those with ten posts or more can actually use the private messaging system. This is to cut down on spammers coming in and flooding members through the pm system.

God bless,
          William
          Comment>

Hey thanks William for the heads up! So this maybe a little risky but I made brand new gmail so we can chat! wfredeemed009 Isidore harijobs if guys can message me at (moderation email removed) that would be awesome! Thank you again, and I look forward to hearing from you guys.
            Comment>

Originally posted by IWantToKnow View Post
              Hey thanks William for the heads up! So this maybe a little risky but I made brand new gmail so we can chat! wfredeemed009 Isidore harijobs if guys can message me at (moderation email removed) that would be awesome! Thank you again, and I look forward to hearing from you guys.
              There's no reason you cannot ask your questions here. For the safety of members we do not allow email addresses to be posted here on this forum, and we do not encourage members to contact others offsite. If they choose to do so, do so at your own risk.

God bless,
              William
              Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post

There's no reason you cannot ask your questions here. For the safety of members we do not allow email addresses to be posted here on this forum, and we do not encourage members to contact others offsite. If they choose to do so, do so at your own risk.

God bless,
                William
                Well you see, I'm conducting research which means I need interviews not just a few answers on a forums board. Plus, I don't have one question; I have many. Thank you though!
                Comment>

Originally posted by IWantToKnow

Well you see, I'm conducting research which means I need interviews not just a few answers on a forums board. Plus, I don't have one question; I have many. Thank you though!

It wouldn't be too unreasonable to post a template of questions in a private message and get answers that way, would it?
                  Comment>

Originally posted by IWantToKnow View Post

No problem. We are emailed regularly by other students wanting to conduct interviews. Usually, the students have a web page already designed where questions are stated and answers can be inputted. You're seven posts away from using our private messaging system. Once you make ten posts the private messaging system will become available to you.

God bless,
                    William
                    Comment>

William Thanks! My research is slightly different, in that it is not a survey format but rather a fruitful sometimes hours long conversation! haha I won't spam you guys, but I'll post on some other posts so that I can private message. I do appreciate this!
                      Comment>

In the modern world, it is really hard to continue becoming religious. For example, if your scriptures denounce pigs, how can you eat pork. In the place, where pork is a common meat, how could you stop eating pig. Likewise, if you are a busy man/woman and working over 12 hours, how can you find time for visiting Church. Religion does not accept divorce, if you cannot continue to live with your spouse, as a religious person how will you deal with the issue of divorce.
                        Comment>

In this day and age it has become quite difficult to focus on your faith and religion, be it the non stop and wide variety of temptations that can lure you from getting close to God or the stress of life that leaves no time to reconcile your faith, it has definitely become challenging to balance between the two.
                          Comment>

Being committed is being committed.. if the era is 1500 or 2000. Jesus Christ is Lord to me it is simple .. I trust Him for my salvation.. Those of the reformation would differ strongly that living ones faith is more difficult in the modern world..
                            Comment>

Originally posted by reba View Post
                              Being committed is being committed.. if the era is 1500 or 2000. Jesus Christ is Lord to me it is simple .. I trust Him for my salvation.. Those of the reformation would differ strongly that living ones faith is more difficult in the modern world..
                              Oh, I think we are quite spoiled living in the good ol' USA compared to other parts of the world or time such as the 1500-1600s.

God bless,
                              William
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap