We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this Christian forum category. Get to know each other and share your common interests or tell us what church you go to etc.

New Guy Here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy Here

The truth is I joined on 10/20/2015. Since then I have been reading posts and just checking things out. My interests are Hebrew, Aramaic (and other cognate languages) Greek, Latin, textual criticism, exegesis, philosophy, theology and ancient history.

Welcome Origen,

Quite an impressive list of interests. Welcome to the forum, happy to have you.

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Forgot something. Before any one asks me about my screen name, no I am not origenist. I simply find him a fascinating person. I in no way indorse his theology or philosophy in whole.
      Comment>

Hi Origen,

Hope you do not mind my curiosity? Are you Christian, if so how long since you first received the Lord? Whereabouts are you located? Are you an active member at a church?

I am not really familiar with Origen, but we do have a Christian History sub-forum. Feel free to contribute to our database if you wish. Also, it appears we lack a philosophy section in the forum. Our Suggestions and Questions forum would be best suited if you wished to see or contribute an outline of such a section.

God bless,
        William
        Comment>

Not a problem at all.

(1) I am a Christian.
          (2) Since 1980
          (3) Nashville, TN
          (4) Yes I am an active member of a church.

I often get asked about Origen/Origenism because of my screen name. Some people take it as a bad sign and thus want to inquire about my theological beliefs. So for the record, I believe that the Bible alone is the holy and inspired word of God. I believe in the full deity and full humanity of Jesus. I believe that Christ is the one and only means\path of salvation. I believe in the trinity (i.e. the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are the one true God).

Origen was a brilliant man, a scholar, perhaps the first true Christian scholar. However I do not agree with him on many, many points.

I hope this clarifies everything.
          Comment>
          Working...
          X
          Articles - News - SiteMap