We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this Christian forum category. Get to know each other and share your common interests or tell us what church you go to etc.

New Old Guy On The Block

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of welder were you? Like on power plants or?

Comment

Originally posted by Zuno_Yazh View Post
      "God, I know I'm a sinner. I would like to take advantage of your son's death."

Wow that is one powerful prayer...

Comment

-
        Originally posted by Just Mike View Post
        What kind of welder were you? Like on power plants or?
        I had a pretty interesting career working in structural steel, job shop, shipyard, boatyard, and sheet metal. My final job was as a civilian employee with the US Army Corps of Engineers maintaining their dredge ships in the Portland District here in Oregon.

/

Comment

• Just Mike
          Just Mike commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, and do you do anything now? I used to be a Carpenter welder, at Nuclear power plants at Pala Verda, AZ three unties there. Good pay but so very hot.

-
        Originally posted by William View Post
        What evidences do you have that you have been given life by God?
        †. Rom 8:11 . . If the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit, who lives in you."

At first glance that passage appears to be speaking of the body's future resurrection, and it probably is; but it's also talking about the here and now regarding the power of a supernatural benefit package called the fruit of the Spirit. (Gal 5:19-25)

The fruit of the Spirit wasn't a new revelation in the days of the apostles. It was predicted many years before them in the Old Testament.

"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put My spirit in you and move you to follow My decrees and be careful to keep My laws." (Ezek 36:26-28)

An "heart of flesh" would normally be regarded in modern Sunday school classes as a bad thing. Here in Ezekiel, flesh is juxtaposed with stone to indicate that God is talking about tenderness; which can be defined as gentleness, kindness, sensitivity, and deep affection; i.e. the warm, softer emotions.

Well; I am definitely a living success story.

After 17½ years of slaps across the face, zero hugs, zero kisses, zero appreciation, zero encouragement, zero sympathy, abundant rage, profanity, relentless ridicule, thoughtless remarks, indifference, name calling, silent treatments, yelling, slave labor, and demeaning comments from my own biological mother, I went on to enter male adulthood totally at war with women.

Ruled by a hateful women during the most sensitive, and formative years of my young life, I was rendered unable to trust females and saw only my mother's persona superimposed on every one of them-- predatory, carnivorous, malignant piranhas existing solely for the pleasure of maligning, chafing, humiliating, abusing, exploiting, and injuring males. I saw in none of them a potential source of comfort, support, or companionship; only fatal quick sands of abuse, neglect, and mental cruelty. I developed a loathing for females that, save for fear of the criminal justice system, would have found its fulfillment in an early career of gender related serial murders; with my biological mother's name being the very first at the top of the target list.

Unless people have experienced what I'm talking about here, and grown up in a home like mine, it is just about near impossible fort them to appreciate the feelings of betrayal, loneliness, isolation, rejection, and mental and emotional anguish I endured. Somebody might be wanting to ask me why I didn't just forget my mother and move on. No. That's not how it works. The effects of a mother's treatment on her male offspring in their most sensitive, formative years, is just as powerful as avian imprinting; and it's not unusual for a number of them to end up with a condition called Reactive Attachment Disorder.

The dread fact is that, thanks to my mother's cruelties, I became permanently hateful and suspicious of the opposite sex. I saw them all as mother's allies and accomplices whose only purpose in life was to help her keep me in a perpetual state of abuse.

I resolutely refused to give in to feminine charms because if I did, then mother would win; and have yet one more opportunity to mock me. As a result, I became a solitary wretch existing in a virtual cone of isolation; unable to nurture female friendships or relate to the opposite sex in any meaningful way whatsoever.

The watered down version of misogyny so prevalent in the media these days doesn't even compare to the real thing. Real misogyny would be pleased as punch if all woman on earth were rounded up and thrown into a pit of gasoline and set ablaze. A real misogynist doesn't want to know women, he doesn't want to talk to women, he doesn't want to cooperate with women, he can't be civil with women, he will not sleep with women, he doesn't want to live with women, and he sure as shootin' does not want to be stuck with one in marriage or have a kid with one.

My wife and I have been married for 38 years. Our son graduated from OSU with a degree in Journalism and today has a wife and family of his own.

As I look back over my life, I sincerely believe it can only be attributed to the miracle of Rom 8:11 that today I'm a well-adjusted man leading a normal man's life. The chronic misogyny that made so many years of my life a living hell is gone; and at 74, I've become a bit of a flirt; given the choice, I'd much rather associate with women than men.

/

Comment

• Sue D.
          Sue D. commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for sharing -- quite a change took place in your life.

-
        Who are your favorite Christian writers, commentators, theologians, etc.?
        I sort of have an amalgam of favorites. viz: they're not all Christian; but they're all very important to me.

Dr. J. Vernon McGee
        Christopher Hitchens
        J. Dwight Pentecost
        Michael L. Brown
        Werner Keller
        Walter Martin
        Henry M. Morris
        Dr. Laura Schlessinger
        Shaunti Feldhahn
        William J. Schnell
        Danielle Crittenden
        Harold Morris
        Dr. James Dobson
        Charles Halff

/

Comment

• Just Mike
          Just Mike commented
          Editing a comment
          A few of these great Christian men are now home. Do you have any newer writters you enjoy that are younger?

-
        What does it mean for a person to love God?

The textbook answer to that question is loyalty.

†. 1John 5:3 . . For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments

That answer doesn't say people have to like God in order to love Him; they only have to do as He says. Well; that's okay as far as it goes; but what about love for God on a more personal level?

You know; when we like somebody-- for example our wives and children, and best friends --we care about them; and that care is often expressed in things like sympathy, tolerance, patience, forgiveness, friendliness, thoughtfulness, kindness, courtesy, civility, encouragement, understanding, loyalty, generosity, and support.

I really think God appreciates it when people not only comply with His wishes, but also like Him enough to care about His feelings.

/
        Last edited by Zuno_Yazh; 04-16-2018, 04:07 AM.

Comment

-
          When you're met with opposition, has it been mostly related to your personality, your beliefs, or something else?
          The majority of the opposition that I encounter online isn't related to what I say, rather, my right to say it, i.e. my qualifications.

Well; that right there torpedoes my little ship because I don't have a Th.D, I have never written or published an acclaimed work, I am not recommended by, nor associated with, somebody that matters, I have never studied Hebrew, Aramaic, or Greek, and I'm an aging blue collar retiree with an average IQ.

So then, even when I say things that make sense, people dismiss me by saying "We don't have to listen to you because you are not an authority."

Well; here in the USA, we may not have the right to an audience, but we do have the right to speak; so I carry on.

/

Comment

• Sue D.
            Sue D. commented
            Editing a comment
            Right on :)

-
          What activities characterize your evangelistic interest?

Jews For Jesus

Our involvement with them is by means of monthly contributions.

We also contribute monthly to a local Rescue Mission.

/

Comment

-
            What are your specific and regular practices regarding the spiritual disciplines (e.g., personal prayer, Bible study, meditation, stewardship, learning, etc.)?

I listen to a daily radio program called Thru The Bible hosted by a retired pastor named J. Vernon McGee. He teaches the entire Bible practically verse by verse over a five-year course; and on Saturday there's Q&A..

McGee passed away back in 1988 but supporters and benefactors have kept the program on the air by running his five-year tapes.

I started listening to McGee in 1972 and have continued without let-up to this day. I think I've gone through the whole Bible with him something like nine times by now.

There's some other radio programs on the air that I like but don't listen to them on a regular basis like I do McGee.

I don't practice a routine prayer time; but when I do speak with God, I always start by first taking advantage of 1John 1:9 before getting down to business.

/

Comment

• Sue D.
              Sue D. commented
              Editing a comment
              There's a series of his books going through the Bible -- I have the one -- think its' Acts - Revelation. Did lots of underlining and all. Then realized it was More of McGee than Scripture. Very interesting preaching. Meeting with a group usually helps.

Hello Zuno,

I have no idea why you're quoting from another thread into here instead of answering the questions like everybody else in the other thread?

And, is there any reason why you begin a post with - and end a post with / ?

Please stop decorating your post. We end up getting other people that follow suit going overboard and start adding all kinds of character decoration in posts.

God bless,
            William

Comment

I have no idea why you're quoting from another thread into here instead of answering the questions like everybody else in the other thread?

I was under the impression that your interview was meant to be replied in our introductions. I would have never guessed you wanted us to post responses in your introduction instead of our own.

Please stop decorating your post.
              Okay.

Comment

I was under the impression that your interview was meant to be replied in our introductions. I would have never guessed you wanted us to post responses in your introduction instead of our own.
                That's what I thought. No problem!

Okay.
                Thanks brother. I don't mean to nitpick you, but we've had people go overboard in the past. Special characters or odd character decorating becomes distracting from the content. Also, I didn't know if there was a certain browser or mobile device adding them without you intentionally doing it.

God bless,
                William

Comment

@Zuno_Yazh
                  Why have you chosen this name please - what doe sit mean to you?

Mine's rather obvious - it tells everyone my theological persuasion :D

Comment

Originally posted by reformed baptist View Post
                    Why have you chosen this name please - what doe sit mean to you?

Zuno Yazh is Navajo for "Little Zuno" the nick name of one of my favorite nieces.

Nick names are very popular among Native Americans. Mine is O:nyohsa' Deyaweoga:weh which means "Squash Blossoming" I.e. maturing squash; given to me by my eldest nephew. He was Seneca.

I myself am not Native American. This all started when my youngest brother married an Indigenous girl back in 1963.

Comment

• Sue D.
                      Sue D. commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Very interesting :) Thanks for sharing.

• reformed baptist
                      reformed baptist commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks for sharing that's really interesting

Yazh is also a tamil word (I think) - it refers to a musical instrument - I was wondering if you were from that neck of the woods

Hi and welcome Brother Zuno_Yazh to christforums.org in Jesus' name. I too am a convert from Catholicism, believe that I was just as saved when in that church, but knew little of the word of God. As you're probably aware, most learning was rote memory concerning prayer and dogma in the RCC.

I’m glad you have joined us in Christian fellowship, and I think it will be fun comparing notes as it were of our old people pains.
                    I’ve just got to ask what ethnicity you are with a name I don’t even know how to pronounce?

Blessings in Christ Jesus.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    Articles - News - SiteMap