We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this Christian forum category. Get to know each other and share your common interests or tell us what church you go to etc.

Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ!

Hello brothers and sisters,

I'd like to introduce myself, my name is Justin, I first heard about this message board through William, I met him at church (Covenant OPC, San Jose). Great to be apart of the discussion. I'm a civil engineering student attending San Jose State University. I was raised in a baptist church until my family stopped attending church when I was about 12. The Lord later brought me to true saving faith when I was about 16/17 in high school. As far as I know, I am the only one who worships the Lord in my family.

It's amazing looking back at my life and realizing all the things that are called "normal" in our culture are things God absolutely despises! Always brings me to tears that the Lord would save someone like me. I hope the discussions on this board will be fruitful, encouraging, and stimulating to the mind as we grow and walk in faith. Great to meet you all! :)

Hmmm. Hello and welcome, Justin. I admit though, I am suspicious of the kind of mindset that despises a good world, and it's good people, who are generally and mainly beloved by God. We are not unimproveable, to be sure. Just mainly good. I do not think God despises us, but understands, and weeps for us, when we go wrong. And rejoices with us when we get things right. And accepts both will happen, as we follow our separate pilgrim paths, and eventually become more like Him.

Cheers, 2RM.
    Comment>

Hi Justin,

Welcome to the forum.

I hope to see you around the board.

God bless

Bede
      Comment>

Originally posted by RS Presbyterian View Post
        Hello brothers and sisters,

I'd like to introduce myself, my name is Justin, I first heard about this message board through William, I met him at church (Covenant OPC, San Jose). Great to be apart of the discussion. I'm a civil engineering student attending San Jose State University. I was raised in a baptist church until my family stopped attending church when I was about 12. The Lord later brought me to true saving faith when I was about 16/17 in high school. As far as I know, I am the only one who worships the Lord in my family.

It's amazing looking back at my life and realizing all the things that are called "normal" in our culture are things God absolutely despises! Always brings me to tears that the Lord would save someone like me. I hope the discussions on this board will be fruitful, encouraging, and stimulating to the mind as we grow and walk in faith. Great to meet you all! :)
        Hello Justin,

Welcome to the forum Justin. Glad to have you here brother!

Soli deo gloria!
        William
        Comment>

Hi Justin - I just missed meeting you today as you were leaving a conversation with my husband, William. Glad to see you on the Forum, and perhaps next week we can meet in person!

Praise the Lord for His work in redeeming you, and I pray that we can support you as you navigate the realities of our present culture, especially as a young man on a college campus.
          Comment>

Justin, glad to hear from you. Enjoy the forum, brother.
            Comment>

Justin, sorry for the late welcome, but welcome brother!

"Always brings me to tears that the Lord would save someone like me."

Only a saved and tender heart can say such a thing Justin. Honestly and beautifully said brother! God Bless
              Comment>

Dear second rate mind, you live up to your name, I'll give you that. And although you have been rightly banned, you can still observe! So observe here in your shameful so called welcome! You are a disgrace to true Christianity and display quite clearly the opposite tender heart required for proof of salvation, which Justin has freely and openly shared, the fruit of his salvation. knowing only a hard and impenitent heart as yours could say such a thing as you have. "Good world, good people?" Man is "basically" evil, through and through. Your proof of that. It's funny how you display fruit that leads to death and Justin's fruit that leads to life everlasting. This is a great example of one who is genuinely saved and one who is not. I hope this post can stay so all can see how the unsaved treat the saved.
                Originally posted by 2ndRateMind View Post
                Hmmm. Hello and welcome, Justin. I admit though, I am suspicious of the kind of mindset that despises a good world, and it's good people, who are generally and mainly beloved by God. We are not unimproveable, to be sure. Just mainly good. I do not think God despises us, but understands, and weeps for us, when we go wrong. And rejoices with us when we get things right. And accepts both will happen, as we follow our separate pilgrim paths, and eventually become more like Him.

Cheers, 2RM.
                Last edited by Jason T V; 07-15-2015, 05:14 PM.
                Comment>

Originally posted by Jason T V View Post
                  Dear second rate mind, you live up to your name, I'll give you that. And although you have been rightly banned, you can still observe! So observe here in your shameful so called welcome! You are a disgrace to true Christianity and display quite clearly the opposite tender heart required for proof of salvation, which Justin has freely and openly shared, the fruit of his salvation. knowing only a hard and impenitent heart as yours could say such a thing as you have. "Good world, good people?" Man is "basically" evil, through and through. Your proof of that. It's funny how you display fruit that leads to death and Justin's fruit that leads to life everlasting. This is a great example of one who is genuinely saved and one who is not. I hope this post can stay so all can see how the unsaved treat the saved.
                  It is reassuring to know that 2RM's response not only brought about my own knee jerk reaction.

God bless,
                  William
                  Comment>

Indeed Brother, it's as if my own immediate family was assaulted! Felt an intense need to defend and protect.
                    Comment>
                    Working...
                    X
                    Articles - News - SiteMap