We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this Christian forum category. Get to know each other and share your common interests or tell us what church you go to etc.

Hello brothers and sisters in Christ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello brothers and sisters in Christ

Hello everybody, I am new in this community.

I am a brazilian who are living in China and here is not so easy to find christian people.

Therefore, I am actually very happy to find this forum to debate things related to our faith and share testimonies in these last days.

Jesus is amazing! He is the King of all nations, the salvation of the world! I cannot wait for his return!

#Maranata

Grettings from China

Hello and welcome Vivian
    Comment>

Hi Vivian, WELCOME TO CF You are a Brazilian Christian living in China? WOW! I'm glad you found us

I'm not surprised that it's hard finding Christians to fellowship with where you are, but we are happy to fill in as best we can.

See you out on the boards!

God bless you! (Numbers 6:24-26)

--David
      Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"Instead of a river, God often gives us a brook, which may be running today and dried up tomorrow. Why? To teach us not to rest in our blessings, but in the Blesser Himself." ~A. W. Pink

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
      Comment>

My family is here in China as well. There are a few pockets of places where you can meet other Christians - mostly in the larger cities.
        By law we (foreigners) can only got to church with other foreigners. We must show our foreign passports at the door to get in. They don't take your names but simply look and verify that you don't hold a Chinese passport or ID card.
        Comment>

Welcome to the forum.
          Clyde Herrin's Blog
          Comment>

Dear Christian living in China. I have to ask why China? Are you able to dialogue freely? I am glad you are able to join us and be among fellow Christians.

justme
            Comment>

Thank you, dear brothers in Christ. I am glad to find something good on the internet these days! = P

Originally posted by justme View Post
              Dear Christian living in China. I have to ask why China? Are you able to dialogue freely? I am glad you are able to join us and be among fellow Christians.
              Actually my family and I were praying not to come here...lol... but we asked God to show his will and my husband was requested to work here. So, we are here since August and, for now, I understood that we can maintain a free dialogue about faith and religion, but we are not expected to open a church and invite the chinese to join in it, that would be illegal.

Nowadays, there are plenty of underground churches that are in an illegal situation, because they were not allowed to be opened by the authorities and they also do not pay taxes. It seems that the few government-certified christian churches, just as the budhist and shaolin temples, must have leaders appointed by the government and they do pay very high taxes. I heard that also the citizens must pay a high fee each time they go to a church service. **All this information I just got from a conversation with a christian chinese that I met, I do not know if all of it is precisely correct, but it can gives you an idea of how things work in this nation. I also have not gone to any underground church yet, because they only speak Chinese (at least here in Huangdao) and I still can't speak it.
              Comment>

Originally posted by Faber View Post
                My family is here in China as well. There are a few pockets of places where you can meet other Christians - mostly in the larger cities.
                By law we (foreigners) can only got to church with other foreigners. We must show our foreign passports at the door to get in. They don't take your names but simply look and verify that you don't hold a Chinese passport or ID card.
                Hey Faber, that is good to know your family is here. Which city do you live? I am in Huangdao (Qingdao- Shandong). Here there is a Christian Fellowship Church for foreigners but it is very far (I almost have to travel to attend it), and also a church of African students who speak English, which is closer to my home. You just can not choose your denomination, because there are only this two options nearby, but to be honest, I even liked that, so everyone is "just" Christian. = )
                Last edited by Vivian Delfini; 09-13-2017, 06:34 AM.
                Comment>

Hi Vivian,

My wife and I teach at a university just outside of Zhengzhou, Henan. A couple of years back we were in Rizhao, Shandong which isn't too far away from Qingdao - but no bullet train that connected them. I am not sure if there is one now. Winter breaks we leave to the Philippines - sometimes during the summer as well.

Are you able to teach Portuguese?
                  Comment>

Hi Vivian,

My wife and I teach at a university just outside of Zhengzhou, Henan. A couple of years back we were in Rizhao, Shandong which isn't too far away from Qingdao - but no bullet train that connected them. I am not sure if there is one now. Winter breaks we leave to the Philippines - sometimes during the summer as well.

Are you able to teach Portuguese?
                    You were very close to Huangdao, if you consider the average distance between chinese cities. How was your experience to live here as a christian?

And yes, I could teach Portuguese as I have a BA in Portuguese Literature and Linguistics and an MA in humanities (music education). Do you know any job opportunities?

Comment>

You can try career jet china. They might possibly have something. I am not sure.
                      Portuguese jobs in China | Career-jet.cn

It is lonely living here as a Christian. I am thankful I have my family with me. When I taught in South Korea, Japan and the Philippines I could talk to people about the gospel. Sometimes my students would ask me about it (after class). I don't have such freedoms in China.
                      Comment>

Thank you Faber for the job link suggestion.

It is lonely living here as a Christian. I am thankful I have my family with me. When I taught in South Korea, Japan and the Philippines I could talk to people about the gospel. Sometimes my students would ask me about it (after class). I don't have such freedoms in China.
                        What a blessing for you and me to have our familys with us, they are the best support ever and one of the biggest reasons for life, I believe!
                        But it's so sad to hear that you cannot talk about Jesus with your students. It's true that we can't spread the gospel in public places, according to the chinese laws, but maybe, we could do that in non public environments if we have the opportunity.

Today I watched one video about the underground chinese churches that are really on fire for Christ, growing a lot even with the danger of being caught by the government (at least, it's what the video shows). Let's pray for their protection and constantly ask God for whom he wants us to spread the gospel with. I am sure that He has sent us to China to fulfill his will.

Let us praise his name wherever we are, until every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, the God of all nations!
                        Last edited by Vivian Delfini; 09-14-2017, 01:52 AM.
                        Comment>

Be very careful with the "Eastern Lightning" sect .... a counterfeit female Jesus living there now.
                          Comment>

Originally posted by Winken View Post
                            Be very careful with the "Eastern Lightning" sect ....
                            aka The Church of Almighty God. It is a dangerous Chinese cult, and I don't mean just because of their heretical teachings (but those are certainly part of what makes them dangerous).
                            Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"Instead of a river, God often gives us a brook, which may be running today and dried up tomorrow. Why? To teach us not to rest in our blessings, but in the Blesser Himself." ~A. W. Pink

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
                            Comment>

Originally posted by David Lee View Post
                              Originally posted by Winken View Post
                              Be very careful with the "Eastern Lightning" sect ....

aka The Church of Almighty God. It is a dangerous Chinese cult, and I don't mean just because of their heretical teachings (but those are certainly part of what makes them dangerous).

Wow, I had never heard about this cult before! I just read on wikipedia about them, and there it says they are considered a terrorist organization.

How does this woman dare to call herself the incarnation of Jesus and still manage to deceive so many people? It's unbelievable!

Thank you Winken and David Lee for warning me about it.
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap