We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this Christian forum category. Get to know each other and share your common interests or tell us what church you go to etc.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all, just signed up so want to be up front about what and how I believe. I believe that God said what He meant and He means what he said, therefore, I apply a literal interpretation of scripture when it makes perfectly good sense just as it is written. However, I do acknowledge the numerous use of metaphors, idioms, symbolisms etc. but believe in many cases these are explained with scripture. I believe the entire Bible from Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21 is the inspired, inerrant, infallible word of God. I read, listen to, a plethora of commentary by Bible scholars and even those who are not so “scholarly” but if it does not agree with scripture, then IMO, it is only their belief.

In addition, I confess that I enjoy engaging in discussions, arguments, debates with those having different views from mine as I use it as an incentive for doing more study and research that I may not do otherwise. Of course, and like others, I believe my views are correct but I am certainly open to them being proven wrong. With that being said, to prove my views are wrong, it is accomplished by asking me questions that I cannot give plausible, verifiable answers to, preaching does not convince me. OTOH, one can only prove their views are correct to me is by answering all questions that I may ask. By cherry picking verses and ignoring others, one can prove almost any view they may hold.

Hello and welcome tevans9129
    Comment>

Thank you for such a great introduction Tevans. Looking forward to engaging you both in fellowship and in debate.

God bless,
      William
      Comment>

Welcome here you can discuss with bible smart people and possibly make new friends, hope you like it here!
        Comment>

Welcome to the forum.
          Clyde Herrin's Blog
          Comment>

Welcome to ChristForums.org!
            Comment>

Hi Tevans, welcome!
              Comment>

Thanks to all for the friendly welcome. It seems to be a great forum.
                Comment>
                Working...
                X
                Articles - News - SiteMap