We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this Christian forum category. Get to know each other and share your common interests or tell us what church you go to etc.

Hello from South Florida

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from South Florida

Hello everybody and good day! New here and just wanted to say Hello.

My name is Michael or Mike and I live in South Florida just outside Fort Lauderdale. I'm single, 41 years old, work part-time in quality control. Otherwise I'm busy reading and studying and taking care of my health, which takes up much time. I have lung cancer with mets. to the brain, but it sounds worse than it is.

I attend a Presbyterian (PCA) church.

Take care.

Hi Mike,

Welcome to Christforums! Nice to meet another fellow Presbyterian! I am from the OPC.

I am sorry to hear about your cancer. I will keep you in my prayers while looking forward to learning more about you brother.

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Hi William,

Nice to meet you. Thanks for the welcome. Looking forward to some interesting discussions on here.

Thanks for your prayers. I'm doing very well. Non-toxic treatments.

Have a great Sunday!

Mike
      Comment>

Welcome to the forum.
        Clyde Herrin's Blog
        Comment>

Thanks.
          Comment>

Originally posted by MikeDerksen View Post
            Hi William,

Nice to meet you. Thanks for the welcome. Looking forward to some interesting discussions on here.

Thanks for your prayers. I'm doing very well. Non-toxic treatments.

Have a great Sunday!

Mike
            You too Mike, hope your Lord's day is wonderful. Three months ago my dad was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer (liver, lungs, kidneys, and heart). His eye was removed a few years prior from melanoma but fortunately it did not spread to his brain. You are very fortunate to be on non toxic treatments, as I have observed the aggressive nature of the Chemo and Immunotherapy and the adverse effects it has. This has been a truly heart wrenching time in my life to see a beloved family member decline so rapidly in heath.

God bless,
            William
            Comment>

Hello and welcome Michael
              Comment>

Welcome here you can discuss with bible smart people and possibly make new friends, hope you like it here!
                Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post
                  You too Mike, hope your Lord's day is wonderful. Three months ago my dad was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer (liver, lungs, kidneys, and heart). His eye was removed a few years prior from melanoma but fortunately it did not spread to his brain. You are very fortunate to be on non toxic treatments, as I have observed the aggressive nature of the Chemo and Immunotherapy and the adverse effects it has. This has been a truly heart wrenching time in my life to see a beloved family member decline so rapidly in heath.

God bless,
                  William
                  Hi William,

Not good. I'm sorry to hear that. Like most people I had no idea about cancer and available treatments, so it was really a gift to come across these non-toxic ones. I don't want chemo therapy. So far, thank God, what I'm doing is working.

Is your dad getting better?

Mike
                  Comment>

Is your dad getting better?
                    It is too early to tell. He has gone through one treatment of Chemo, and his second treatment has been delayed. They have him coming back each week to check, but a rash is preventing them from administering another round. He has another appt for Thurs the 27th.

God bless,
                    William
                    Comment>

Hi Mike, WELCOME TO CF I LOVE Ft. Lauderdale (my grandparents used to live there).

God bless you! (Numbers 6:24-26)

--David
                      p.s. - praying for you!
                      Matthew 5
                      16 Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 7
                      12 However you want people to treat you, so treat them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

1 Corinthians 13
                      1 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

1 Peter 3
                      15 Sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence.
                      Comment>

It is too early to tell. He has gone through one treatment of Chemo, and his second treatment has been delayed. They have him coming back each week to check, but a rash is preventing them from administering another round. He has another appt for Thurs the 27th.
                        I wish him all the best getting better. Chemo can be very hard as I've seen. Is he having a good nutrition? Nutrition is very important.
                        Comment>

Originally posted by David Lee View Post
                          Hi Mike, WELCOME TO CF I LOVE Ft. Lauderdale (my grandparents used to live there).

God bless you! (Numbers 6:24-26)

--David
                          p.s. - praying for you!
                          Hi David,

Thank you very much, and thank you for the blessing. - It's hot down here :)

I like your quotes at the end.

Mike
                          Comment>

I wish him all the best getting better. Chemo can be very hard as I've seen. Is he having a good nutrition? Nutrition is very important.
                            Thanks, what was a little troubling was the Dr having said at this point diet does not matter.

I mean, I can read that to mean the cancer is too progressed and diet will have no impact.

They gave my dad six months to a year with Chemo.

God bless,
                            William
                            Comment>

Thanks, what was a little troubling was the Dr having said at this point diet does not matter.

I mean, I can read that to mean the cancer is too progressed and diet will have no impact.

They gave my dad six months to a year with Chemo.
                              Oh. That's not good to hear. Did your dad look into other things? The place I went to had people there who had Chemo before. It didn't work for many. They were "prepped up" nutritionally and immune-wise and received a different treatment. - My cancer is stage 4. I feel very good. Not too much energy but otherwise I'm fine. And the cancer is receding. - Everybody is different and needs to be treated differently, but if Chemo is not helping maybe something else will. A sugary diet, bread, refined flour, etc. feeds cancer. It needs to be starved.

Mike
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap