We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this Christian forum category. Get to know each other and share your common interests or tell us what church you go to etc.

Hi Ya! Looking to be a better disciple

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Ya! Looking to be a better disciple

So I'm a christian, I have been one for 9 years and I've struggled to share my faith with others. I love to share the good news, and I am unashamed of my faith, because Jesus really changed my life, but I don't have many opportunities to share, my friend Karina feels the same. About 6 months ago she had a word from God, after praying about how to share her faith that she should podcast. Katrina put it on the back burner because she's quite introverted and it was scary, she didn't share the word with anyone until about 3 months ago, then she told me, and I was shocked, because its something I've never considered. However now with her word from God and my desire to share we decided to start a podcast, called Backpacking In Faith. Of course now we deal with the struggle of knowing where to share it, so we're just trusting in God to open the doors. Our podcast is just a very real, raw sharing of our lives while walking in faith. So I thought I'd see if anyone on here maybe interested in listening?

Its quite scary sharing our inner thoughts, we sometimes are a little judgemental, and mean and failing as follows of christ, but we're real and we want to share with others that being a christian isn't accepting jesus and then POOF becoming perfect. If you listen to it please be kind lol. we know we're not perfect, by a long shot.

As a member of a small home church, its great to find spiritual feeding from many sources, so this is why I'm here.

our podcast can be found on iTunes, or youtube or Soundcloud or through our Facebook page.

if anyone wants to listen please do, please be aware that we barely edit, so our language is a little fresh when we get a bit over enthusiastic lol, but I think we're pretty funny.

It is purely an insight into how we practice our faith and not meant as a example of how to live, there can be only one example for that and thats Jesus.

Redirecting...

Hi Lissie, well I have just listened to your podcast, the Getting to know us episode.

I have to say I like it, I will be honest I did not expect to, but your honest, real conversation was refreshing. I do have a few thoughts, like perhaps it would be good to limit the length to something around 20 or 30 minutes, people begin to lose focus after that, and perhaps try and choose a topic and stick generally to that thread so that folks don't feel like they are being a voyeur (or whatever the audio equivalent of that is) at a private party. But perhaps your later episodes are more structured :).

I am also a little confused by the Title of your Podcast, you have not explained where it came from or what it signifies.

I certainly feel that two young mothers like yourself and Katrina have something to say especially to the Millenials of our world and I hope you get a host of followers.

I see what you mean about the way you use uneditted language, it is a little colourful but as your potential listeners would use language in the same way as you do (my two daughters have similar vocabulary) it will probably not offend them, but expect someone to tell you that you need to clean up your act there. Sadly there are more 'Baptist' bible thumper types than liberal free thinkers in our world.

As I said I like it and I shall listen to more, keep following where He guides you and for me you will not go far wrong.

Oh by the way, I love Gloucestershire too :)
    Comment>

Okay you explained the connection for the name, I just heard that bit too - like I said the first episode was a bit long :)
      Comment>

Originally posted by faramir.pete View Post
        Hi Lissie, well I have just listened to your podcast, the Getting to know us episode.

I have to say I like it, I will be honest I did not expect to, but your honest, real conversation was refreshing. I do have a few thoughts, like perhaps it would be good to limit the length to something around 20 or 30 minutes, people begin to lose focus after that, and perhaps try and choose a topic and stick generally to that thread so that folks don't feel like they are being a voyeur (or whatever the audio equivalent of that is) at a private party. But perhaps your later episodes are more structured :).

I am also a little confused by the Title of your Podcast, you have not explained where it came from or what it signifies.

I certainly feel that two young mothers like yourself and Katrina have something to say especially to the Millenials of our world and I hope you get a host of followers.

I see what you mean about the way you use uneditted language, it is a little colourful but as your potential listeners would use language in the same way as you do (my two daughters have similar vocabulary) it will probably not offend them, but expect someone to tell you that you need to clean up your act there. Sadly there are more 'Baptist' bible thumper types than liberal free thinkers in our world.

As I said I like it and I shall listen to more, keep following where He guides you and for me you will not go far wrong.

Oh by the way, I love Gloucestershire too :)
        Hey!

Thanks for having a listen I really appreciate your feedback. We are trying to limit it to 30 mins, but we could talk for England lol! our other episodes are shorter, but we do aim to get more control of our conversations. I did feel it was a little voyeuristic, but couldn't figure why, I think you're right, its the going off topic a lot.

we touched on why out podcast is Called what it is, but not nearly enough, but we will clarify that in another episode, the mean behind it is, on your walk with christ you have to have a backpack filled with tools, such as forgiveness, knowledge that the provision is in the promise, and many other things, and we want to fill our backpack with the right things.

we are so nervous about putting ourselves out there, especially as we have shared our testimonies too, so I'm really grateful for your feedback.

thanks again

Lissie
        Comment>

I will listen to a few more and let you know if I have any helpful thoughts. But believe me you have a message and you need to carry on being brave. I am sure He will bless you.
          Comment>

Welcome to the forum.
            Clyde Herrin's Blog
            Comment>

Welcome here you can discuss with bible smart people and possibly make new friends, hope you like it here!
              Comment>

Hi Lissie, WELCOME TO CF! I'm glad you found us

God bless you! (Numbers 6:24-26)

--David
                Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
                Comment>
                Working...
                X
                Articles - News - SiteMap