We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this Christian forum category. Get to know each other and share your common interests or tell us what church you go to etc.

Warning to true believers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warning to true believers

Beware my beloved, this site is run by UNSAVED CATHOLICS who want to drag you to hell with their heresies, steer clear and get fellowship with some real Christians.

God bless you my brothers and sisters in Christ and be cautious of wolves (Catholics) in sheep's (Protestant) clothing.

And to the rest of you children of the devil who know who you are:

Galatians 4:16 Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?

Originally posted by Burn Catholics Burn View Post
    Beware my beloved, this site is run by UNSAVED CATHOLICS who want to drag you to hell with their heresies, steer clear and get fellowship with some real Christians.

God bless you my brothers and sisters in Christ and be cautious of wolves (Catholics) in sheep's (Protestant) clothing.

And to the rest of you children of the devil who know who you are:

Galatians 4:16 Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?
    Which site? And what is a Catholic? What is a Protestant? What do they each believe, and what are the differences?

Your post doesn't seem much like an introduction.

And do not use all bold in your posts. Read our rules.

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Hmmm -- he seems to not like unsaved Catholics.
      Comment>

Hmmm not a very Christian sort is he?
        Comment>

Well, I am certain we can have a productive and reasonable discussion, with a poster who has such a non-aggressive name and followed the site rules so well in his first post. Since the poster states he is non-denominational, I would be interested to know which groups he believes are saved. Are all Catholics unsaved or just the ones he believes run this site? Should we now play 'no true Christian' like 'no true Scotsman' until we reveal there's no such thing as a Christian at all, or maybe he believes the correct unit is one - him. (In case you missed it, no I am not serious.)
          Comment>

And I thought this site was run by Calvinists.

So --- can Calvinists be saved? Can Catholics be Calvinists -- Can Calvinists be Catholic?

And -- I'm not being serious, either.

ChatterBox -- I think you've hit the right answer -- your very last comment "the correct unit is one -- him"

This is one of those 'nonsense' posts but will post it Anyway. :)
            Comment>

The OP is certainly in poor taste but he does make a good point. The Catholic Church has a lot of traditional teaching that contradicts the Word of God and many of them are unsaved. We need to preach the gospel to all who are unsaved, including unsaved Catholics.
              Clyde Herrin's Blog
              Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
                The OP is certainly in poor taste but he does make a good point. The Catholic Church has a lot of traditional teaching that contradicts the Word of God and many of them are unsaved. We need to preach the gospel to all who are unsaved, including unsaved Catholics.

You're right -- and I should probably apologize for my 'attitude'. About half of my in-laws are in the RCC . It's not the denomination that determines a person's salvation, it's where a person places their faith. They, and everyone else do need to be reached with the Gospel.
                Comment>

Originally posted by ChatterBox View Post
                  Since the poster states he is non-denominational, I would be interested to know which groups he believes are saved.
                  Oh, I'll refrain from going on and on, but only emphasize that one of the largest non-denominational movements believe emphasis should not be placed on doctrine as to cause a division in the church. I have to ask, which church? And is that how they keep the sheep ignorant?

Just look at the example of this belief statement:

We reject:
                  • The belief that true Christians can be demon possessed.
                  • “5-point Calvinism”- a hyper-Calvinistic view that leaves no room for free will; specifically, we reject the belief that Jesus’ atonement was limited (we believe He died for all people), and we reject the assertion that God’s wooing grace cannot be resisted or that He has elected some people to go to hell (we believe that anyone who wills to come to Christ may do so).
                  • “Positive confession”- the faith movement belief that God can be directed to heal or work miracles according to man’s will.
                  • Human prophecy that supersedes the Scripture.
                  • The incorporation of humanistic and secular psychology and philosophy into Biblical teaching and counseling.
                  • The over-emphasis of spiritual gifts, and experiential signs and wonders to the exclusion of Biblical teaching and sound doctrine. We seek to teach the Word of God (both expository and topically) in such a way that its message can be applied to an individual’s life, leading that person to greater maturity in Christ, and equipping them for ministry.

They have no idea what they are even rejecting. They are listing 5 Point Calvinism as Hyper Calvinism. Then they attack Calvinism behind the straw man. I attended this particular non-denominational church body for seven years, and during the bible studies not one ever understood Calvinist doctrine. It wasn't until my seventh year and a private meeting did it become clear that this particular non-denominational church was ANTI-REFORMED. It is no wonder to me that they regressed back to Rome.

Originally posted by Sue D. View Post
                  And I thought this site was run by Calvinists.
                  There are only three staff members here on this board. Two are outspoken Calvinist, and the other takes no issue with our Reformed Belief statement. Note, members here do not need to be Reformed, or even Protestant, this is only the belief statement of the staff: Our Belief - Christforums

As for the Original Poster, they are obviously bearing false witness, either intentionally or ignorantly. That's why I asked the questions I did, because I like to categorize systematically people's doctrine. I speculate they saw in the Nicene Creed the word catholic, and do not understand or know what the meaning of catholic is in its context. That's why I'd like to know which church they believe in. Most of these people with similar attitudes that come onto the board speculating about which believers are true etc follow a pastor who is nothing more than a watered down pope in a church of 1.

I am always amused about how our non-denominational members protest the Catholic church, yet they align with Semi or flat out Pelagian doctrine. People think Catholic only means taking a knee before the Pope or Mary when in fact they align more with Catholic doctrine than some Catholics.

God bless,
                  William
                  Comment>

@ William -- I was joking with my comment "And I thought this site was run by Calvinists". as I commented in that particular post.
                    Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post

Which site? And what is a Catholic? What is a Protestant? What do they each believe, and what are the differences?

Your post doesn't seem much like an introduction.

And do not use all bold in your posts. Read our rules.

God bless,
                      William
                      This person sure seems unsaved himself. I can only pray tat those who are genuinely saved and in the raman Catholic Church would leave. That is the very best under the circumstances we pray for.

Where did this poor soul get his very distorted, very bad, slanderous information from? I hope you banned him/

justme
                      Comment>
                      Working...
                      X
                      Articles - News - SiteMap