We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this Christian forum category. Get to know each other and share your common interests or tell us what church you go to etc.

Aging Christian

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aging Christian

Love our Lord..... He loves me. Yea!

Hey Winken, WELCOME TO CF :)
    Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
    Comment>

G'evening and welcome Winken!

God bless,
      William
      Comment>

My prayer is to always be led by the Holy Spirit, never my own mind-will-emotions. Thanks for the welcomes.
        Comment>

Hello and welcome Wilken
          Comment>

Yea!

1 John 4:19
            We love because he first loved us.
            Comment>

Winken Hello and welcome to Christ forums. This is a wonderful community with warm people. Hope you enjoy your time here. See you around. :)
              Comment>

Welcome to the forum.
                Clyde Herrin's Blog
                Comment>

I'm jealous of young pastors. I always wanted to be a pastor, but I went into nursing instead. Now I'm too old to go through the training, and I lament it.
                  Comment>

Originally posted by mrtsail View Post
                    I'm jealous of young pastors. I always wanted to be a pastor, but I went into nursing instead. Now I'm too old to go through the training, and I lament it.
                    How old Are you? Your bio info simply says 'male'.
                    Comment>

Comment>

I can appreciate your regretting not being able to get training any more -- I'm about a decade Older than you. A bit More than that, actually.

But even as aging Christians -- God isn't done with us yet or we wouldn't be here. And when you think of those in their 70's and 80's and even 90's -- we're still somewhat Young. My mother passed only 6 months ago -- at age 98.

So -- all of us 'aging Christians' there's still a place for us. :)
                        Comment>

Thanks
                          Comment>

Your bio info says you're not decided as to a denomination. It helps a lot when a person / believer / is in a Bible-teaching church and can be actively involved in some church ministry. Being a church Greeter or something. Every believer has a spiritual gift to use in a church setting.
                            Comment>

Originally posted by mrtsail View Post
                              Now I'm too old to go through the training, and I lament it.
                              If God wants you to be a pastor he will find a way for you to get the training you need regardless of how old you are. Moses was 80 years old when God called him to lead the Israelites out of Egypt.
                              Clyde Herrin's Blog
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap