We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this Christian forum category. Get to know each other and share your common interests or tell us what church you go to etc.

Another new arrival.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another new arrival.

When I first became interested in Christianity, thirty odd years ago, I was what might be called very liberal, even by the standards of the Anglican Church. Today I am somewhere close to YEC. If somebody had told me, even ten years ago, that I would be theologically where I am today, I would have doubted their sanity. But the Holy Spirit has its way.

I am from the Uk, have more years under my belt than I care to name, and I am single.

Originally posted by ThyWordisTruth View Post
    When I first became interested in Christianity, thirty odd years ago, I was what might be called very liberal, even by the standards of the Anglican Church. Today I am somewhere close to YEC. If somebody had told me, even ten years ago, that I would be theologically where I am today, I would have doubted their sanity. But the Holy Spirit has its way. I am from the Uk, have more years under my belt than I care to name, and I am single.
    "The Holy Spirit has its way">He certainly does, PTL :)

Hi ThyWord isTruth, WELCOME TO CF! When you say, "if somebody had told me, even ten years ago, that I would be theologically where I am today, I would have doubted their sanity", I know exactly what you're talking about, because the same was true of me 10 years before I became a Christian (quite frankly, the same was true of me 10 "weeks" before I became a Christian ;)).

God bless you! (Numbers 6:24-26)

--David
    p.s. - question, why do you choose to refer to God as "it" (rather than "He/Him")? Thanks!
    Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
    Comment>

Hello and welcome ThyWordisTruth
      Comment>

Welcome to the Forums ThyWordisTruth! I like your name👍
        Comment>
        Working...
        X
        Articles - News - SiteMap