We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this Christian forum category. Get to know each other and share your common interests or tell us what church you go to etc.

Reintroducing myself

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reintroducing myself

My name is Jon , i came in for a short while a few months ago. I left rather abruptly during a discussion and would like to apologize for that. I still think i might be able to connect through discussion with the members here at this site. Is it ok to try again ?

Originally posted by faither View Post
    My name is Jon , i came in for a short while a few months ago. I left rather abruptly during a discussion and would like to apologize for that. I still think i might be able to connect through discussion with the members here at this site. Is it ok to try again ?
    If you don't mind me asking what was the reason for your departure?

Comment>

When i found your group , it was towards the end of one of the many wars i find myself in when i share my understandings and put them on the table to be tested. If i remember correctly , it was theology online,. I had a dozen people in there doing a character assassination on me , rather than answering basic questions. The more i pressed , the more i would be misrepresented. In the 12 or so years I've talked to members of different groups , it's the misrepresentations that to me are evil.

When i started to discuss my topic with William, David , and worm, i was really not in the right frame of mind after the beatings i took in the months prior to that. After that last post , i packed up my computer , put it up in the closet , and didn't touch it until yesterday. I do that on occasion when i feel the discussions are impacting my conscious contact with Christ or i feel the computer is taking the place of Jesus ..

If my apology is acceptable , i do have some understandings that i would love to have tested by those who are capable.
      Comment>

Originally posted by faither View Post
        When i found your group , it was towards the end of one of the many wars i find myself in when i share my understandings and put them on the table to be tested. If i remember correctly , it was theology online,. I had a dozen people in there doing a character assassination on me , rather than answering basic questions. The more i pressed , the more i would be misrepresented. In the 12 or so years I've talked to members of different groups , it's the misrepresentations that to me are evil.

When i started to discuss my topic with William, David , and worm, i was really not in the right frame of mind after the beatings i took in the months prior to that. After that last post , i packed up my computer , put it up in the closet , and didn't touch it until yesterday. I do that on occasion when i feel the discussions are impacting my conscious contact with Christ or i feel the computer is taking the place of Jesus ..

If my apology is acceptable , i do have some understandings that i would love to have tested by those who are capable.
        Jon, Faither,

Your apology is accepted, and your reasoning is quite understandable. I must also share with you that I came into Christianity being weened on Gene and Melissa Scott. I was quite excited to meet and engage you with open arms when I learned you likewise shared my history.

Though my theology has developed greatly since those early years I still hold a place for them both in my heart. And I do not mean that they were wrong etc., but I will only suggest that sometimes the truth we are taught isn't as deep as the waters we wade later in life.

If you do not mind some brotherly advice, be yourself without trying to prove yourself. You are already accepted, and as our bond grows so will our trust in each other while giving one another the benefit of the doubt. Of course we are not going to articulate in the exact same wording all the time. Having the benefit of the doubt, or a brother always on your side eases the tension in the forum. We can disagree on non essentials (while we can discuss everything according to biblical truth), and where we disagree on essentials, keep in mind that it is the role of the Holy Spirit to convict men of truth. We cannot replace God in His role. Make a point, be open to questions and engagement and if people do not agree with each other be at peace. That's how we survive on this forum :)

God bless,
        William
        Comment>

Thanks for your understanding and accepting me back into your community William. I look forward to sharing my understandings for you and others to test.
          Comment>

Hello faither

Welcome back to Christ Forums. There's no need to feel put down by anything that may have happened in the past. Why not start again with a clean slate. These discussions can get heated sometimes because people who love God tend to believe what they believe in quite strongly. But it doesn't mean that differences cannot be settled in a mature environment. I hope you stick around and glad to have you back with us.
            Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post

Jon, Faither,

Your apology is accepted, and your reasoning is quite understandable. I must also share with you that I came into Christianity being weened on Gene and Melissa Scott. I was quite excited to meet and engage you with open arms when I learned you likewise shared my history.

Though my theology has developed greatly since those early years I still hold a place for them both in my heart. And I do not mean that they were wrong etc., but I will only suggest that sometimes the truth we are taught isn't as deep as the waters we wade later in life.

If you do not mind some brotherly advice, be yourself without trying to prove yourself. You are already accepted, and as our bond grows so will our trust in each other while giving one another the benefit of the doubt. Of course we are not going to articulate in the exact same wording all the time. Having the benefit of the doubt, or a brother always on your side eases the tension in the forum. We can disagree on non essentials (while we can discuss everything according to biblical truth), and where we disagree on essentials, keep in mind that it is the role of the Holy Spirit to convict men of truth. We cannot replace God in His role. Make a point, be open to questions and engagement and if people do not agree with each other be at peace. That's how we survive on this forum :)

God bless,
              William

Hi William,

I would love to hear more about your relationship with Dr. and melissa Scott.

As for myself , i was born and raised in Southern Cali. I came across Dr Scott on the public broadcast TV at age 27, 1987. Being at an extreme low point in my life then , i had surrendered my life to Jesus just a couple of months before i had first heard Doc teach. He was teaching about what happens to people when God seals the Holy Spirit into a person. Not looking for or expecting to hear anything about that , i remember being floored and brought to tears when i realized what he was teaching about the accompaniments of the Holy Spirit were accually happening to me. I was instantly drawn to his teaching.

About 6 months later, i met and married my wife Theresa and we moved to Oregon. 5 years after that , we moved to Ohio and is where we still live today. I've never met or seen Dr. Scott in person, but i have nearly every teaching he put on tape. I boast that i know His teachings better than He did Himself.

Because of the Spiritual awakening or Spiritual experience i had in 1987 , I've been obsessed by how it happened. Faith , the Holy Spirit , and how the process works has consumed my thinking for 30 years. Even though i considered Dr. Scott to be my teacher , other than by mail, i never had any contact with His ministry. But i always felt like i belonged there , that what i was experiencing in my relationship with Christ was happening to everyone there at Docs church.

In 2008 , when the economy was taking a dive , i had to go back to cali to work with my brother , leaving my wife and family for what would be 14 months. The good news was i would finally get to visit the Cathedral , the Bible collection, the book store , and hear Melissa teach. During that 14 months i went to every service , alot of times two on Sunday. I called at least 5 times every week to be of service on the phones , attend Hebrew classes , be of some service to the ministry. I even wrote a dozen letters to pastor Scott nearly begging her to be apart of the church in some way. After 14 months , the work even in Cali got slow so i had to return home to Ohio. I returned home with my heart shattered into pieces. In 14 months not one person associated with the ministry ever spoke to me , called me , or offered any opportunity to be apart of their ministry in any way. I was devastated , but i still hold no ill will towards them. To the best of my knowledge , i was not acceptable to them because i would not put my name on my weekly offering. Mt 6 tells us to give in secret and because i would not put my name or tither number on my offering , i was completly shunned. I still hold the ministry in the highest regard , and even now knowing the mistakes in their teaching , know that their teaching (esp Dr. Scott) could be the best the world has ever known.

I feel like ive been learning at a Stanford university level for 30 years , on top of having the true born again experience . I'm now coming towards the end of my journey here on this earth , and would like to talk to anyone who is willing about Faith , how Faith works and what it really is. And how it fits into the Salvation process. I would love to put my understandings on the table to be tested by anyone who has the desire to do so. Again thanks William for allowing me to be apart of this community.

jay

Comment>

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
                Hello faither

Welcome back to Christ Forums. There's no need to feel put down by anything that may have happened in the past. Why not start again with a clean slate. These discussions can get heated sometimes because people who love God tend to believe what they believe in quite strongly. But it doesn't mean that differences cannot be settled in a mature environment. I hope you stick around and glad to have you back with us.

Thanks and well said cloud. Truth be told , i've been alone in my walk with Christ for 30 years and really need a community like this.
                Comment>

Hi Jon, WELCOME BACK :)

Yours and His,
                  David
                  Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
                  Comment>

Originally posted by David Lee View Post
                    Hi Jon, WELCOME BACK :)

Yours and His,
                    David
                    Thanks David
                    Comment>
                    Working...
                    X
                    Articles - News - SiteMap