We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this Christian forum category. Get to know each other and share your common interests or tell us what church you go to etc.

Hello

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

I am a Christian (Reformed Theology) and I am encouraged to dig deep into God's Word with you all. I am 52 years old, live in Pennsylvania and have to grown sons, 28 and 31. Be blessed.

Originally posted by Shari Curtin View Post
    I am a Christian (Reformed Theology) and I am encouraged to dig deep into God's Word with you all. I am 52 years old, live in Pennsylvania and have to grown sons, 28 and 31. Be blessed.
    Hi Shari,

Welcome to Christforums! Hope your time and fellowship here is fruitful!

Like you I am Reformed and from the Orthodox Presbyterian Church (OPC). How long have you been Reformed, and what or who lead you to the Reformed faith? Were you brought up as a Covenant child? Do you belong to any specific denomination?

Hope you don't mind my questions, but I am sincerely curious!

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

I was saved in 1984 (age 19) and went to a Pentecostal church; even in my early years, God blessed me with discernment and I knew something was awry with the teaching (and behaviors). Over the years I studied diligently, but was always drawn to Allistair Begg, RC Sproul, John MacCarthur, etc... About 3 years ago, it all finally "clicked" for me and I consider myself a Calvinist.

I am currently attending a Wesleyan Church (long story) and of course completely unsatisfied with the teaching(s); however, for reasons I will not bore you with, I am there for now and am praying for the pastor(s) and learning that I don't have to try and control what I cannot and should not. There is a Berean Church which I have visited and is much more in line with what I believe; however, my son attends this church and I am committed to worshiping together; that being said, it is getting increasingly difficult for me as the pastor is preaching antinomian hyper-grace nonsense. That being said, there are good things going on as well; not judgmental and a huge outreach to the poorest of our community.

I love Jesus, love His Word and am thankful that He restored the joy of my salvation and His Word is as satisfying as it was when I first got saved.

Thank you for taking the time to talk with me William.
      Comment>

Hi Shari, WELCOME TO CF! I'm very glad you found us :)

God bless you! (Numbers 6:24-26)

Yours and His,
        David

Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
        Comment>

Hello and welcome to the forum Shari
          Comment>
          Working...
          X
          Articles - News - SiteMap