We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this Christian forum category. Get to know each other and share your common interests or tell us what church you go to etc.

I'm excited to be here!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm excited to be here!

Hi! My name is Madison.

Up until now, I have been an atheist. I've never really believed in a God before.

However, after I had a conversation with a priestess at an event I went to, I saw a new light! The Bible gave me happiness for once in my life. It gave me a bright feeling that I'd never felt in my entire life! I felt that I could be a part of something; I felt I could learn something; but most importantly, I felt that someone up there is watching me from afar, loving me and caring for me.

So I came here, in order to increase my relationship with the Lord which I haven't had throughout any of my previous years.

Hi Madison, WELCOME TO CF :) I'm very glad to hear of the Lord's mighty work in your life in bringing you to Him!! The great news is that He isn't done with you (or any of the rest of us) yet, but will continue His mighty work in us to see us through this life to Glory .. John 5:24; Romans 8:1; Hebrews 7:25; 1 John 5:13.

This may be a bit quick, but have you found a church home yet?

Yours in Christ,
    David
    p.s. - you used the term "priestess" above. We have female ministers and pastors in certain denominations, but "priestess" is a very unusual term within Christendom. Did the person you are speaking of refer to herself as a "priestess"? Thanks!

"God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten
    Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should
    not perish, but have everlasting life"

John 3:16
    Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
    Comment>

I don't know, but she was a woman who was with the church. I'm unfamiliar with the terminology; you'll have to forgive me.
      Comment>

Originally posted by Madison View Post
        I don't know, but she was a woman who was with the church. I'm unfamiliar with the terminology; you'll have to forgive me.
        There's nothing to forgive! You're brand new to Christianity, but that wouldn't be a really big deal if you'd been in the Christian faith for years. It's just terminology :)

God bless you! (Numbers 6:24-26; Jude 24-25)

--David

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
        Comment>

BTW, if you have any questions about this place and/or about the faith, don't hesitate to ask!

Comment>

Hi Madison!

Welcome to Christforums!

God bless,
            William
            Comment>

Welcome to the forum Madison
              Comment>
              Working...
              X
              Articles - News - SiteMap