We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this Christian forum category. Get to know each other and share your common interests or tell us what church you go to etc.

Hi all

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all

New here so I wanted to say hello. I'm Presbyterian (conservative) by faith. Currently attending a Lutheran Church but I doubt I will be staying as it is too liberal for me. I do like the worship and music though. I like old cars, good conversation and etc. I'm not a pushy kind of guy in fact I'm too laid back.

Welcome Todd, and we're pleased to have you join us.

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Hey Todd, WELCOME TO CF :) I'm glad you found us. I'm a former Presbyterian too (PCUSA) who got out because even though my local church was extremely conservative, the Denomination was going off the deep end. OPC and PCA are excellent choices, though there were none near me, so I ended up in the Evangelical Free Church instead (which has been an good & interestingly different kind of experience :)).

See you out on the boards (Dv).

Yours and His,
      David
      Last edited by David Lee; 01-18-2017, 01:09 AM.
      Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
      Comment>

Todd,

Welcome!

Brian
        Comment>

Originally posted by David Lee View Post
          I ended up in the Evangelical Free Church

Would you consider a PCA or OPC church?

Even in cold, dead, and dark North East, I have 3 PCA churches to choose from. They are all 30 min drive, but I would drive further than that to avoid repeating my past experience in an EFC. At least for me, it was not good.

The last time I attended an EFC, which is 10 min from house, the pastor came to the pulpit wearing a Spiderman mask. Worst than that, it was Easter Sunday! I stood up and walked out, mid-service.

I'm so thankful for the PCA, and hope that it (some of it) can reverse its slow but steady slide into liberalism.
          Comment>

Todd glad you are here! I think you will have great felloeship and learn some things at the same time.

justme
            Comment>
            Working...
            X
            Articles - News - SiteMap