We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this Christian forum category. Get to know each other and share your common interests or tell us what church you go to etc.

Hi all

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all

New here so I wanted to say hello. I'm Presbyterian (conservative) by faith. Currently attending a Lutheran Church but I doubt I will be staying as it is too liberal for me. I do like the worship and music though. I like old cars, good conversation and etc. I'm not a pushy kind of guy in fact I'm too laid back.

Welcome Todd, and we're pleased to have you join us.

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Hey Todd, WELCOME TO CF :) I'm glad you found us. I'm a former Presbyterian too (PCUSA) who got out because even though my local church was extremely conservative, the Denomination was going off the deep end. OPC and PCA are excellent choices, though there were none near me, so I ended up in the Evangelical Free Church instead (which has been an good & interestingly different kind of experience :)).

See you out on the boards (Dv).

Yours and His,
      David
      Last edited by David Lee; 01-18-2017, 12:09 AM.
      Matthew 5
      16 Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 7
      12 However you want people to treat you, so treat them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

1 Corinthians 13
      1 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

1 Peter 3
      15 Sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence.
      Comment>

Todd,

Welcome!

Brian
        Comment>

Originally posted by David Lee View Post
          I ended up in the Evangelical Free Church

Would you consider a PCA or OPC church?

Even in cold, dead, and dark North East, I have 3 PCA churches to choose from. They are all 30 min drive, but I would drive further than that to avoid repeating my past experience in an EFC. At least for me, it was not good.

The last time I attended an EFC, which is 10 min from house, the pastor came to the pulpit wearing a Spiderman mask. Worst than that, it was Easter Sunday! I stood up and walked out, mid-service.

I'm so thankful for the PCA, and hope that it (some of it) can reverse its slow but steady slide into liberalism.
          Comment>

Todd glad you are here! I think you will have great felloeship and learn some things at the same time.

justme
            Comment>
            Working...
            X
            Articles - News - SiteMap