We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this Christian forum category. Get to know each other and share your common interests or tell us what church you go to etc.

Just a little intro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a little intro

My name is Brad Padgett.

I have been a Christian my whole life but got saved when I was 18 years old. I am now 24 years old.

I have had an experience I hope to one day share with you all.

A bit about me. I am a web designer and use google adsense to make what little income I have. I plan to go to college for web design sometime this year or next year.

I have had an experience of demon possession and barely survived to share the story. I used to practice witchcraft and used pentagrams to make my own spells. I was a spiritual thrill seeker and would go searching for the afterlife in graveyards where I would try and communicate.

I have changed a lot since then. But because of my actions I experienced a possession unlike no other you will ever hear about. I was possessed for 10 years where I was invoked to experience over 400,000 years trapped inside my own head. The time was obviously not real. But the specific demons power was brought upon me to be just that. The demon had a power to slow down and speed up time. Time became my enemy and it was like staring at a broken clock. Most people that get possessed do not go through what I did. I was dealing with one of the arch demons.

400 millenniums is what I endured to the wake of my enemy. They came to me as memories. Memories that would flood into my head from a past I could not recognize. As the memories came in, they would disappear and new ones would be created in place of the old ones. While this was happening I had lived each memory. While I recalled this past I could not retrieve to recognize, I had the age of the past I was recalling.

I just wanted to share a little about what I have been through as Christian. I was taught to fight for God but never to be proud or look for this fight. Because God values the Christian who will humble themselves more then someone who will stand up for his name but not live it themselves.

I invite all of you to get to know me as I become a member of this community. I am very intriguing gifted and smart as you may judge for yourself after having conversation. I only speak experience. My life and what I have learned that I wish to share with you. I do not provoke you to believe that I am less than what I appear. I have all the faith to back up my experiences and beliefs and have been a saved Christian for 6 years now.

Thank you and I wish to get to know some of you in the future.

God Bless.

Welcome to the forum Cloud.

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Unofficial welcome, Cloud, as I have no official capacity. It sounds like you need to keep close to grounded Christians. God bless.
      Comment>

That is why we have the Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary.

On the introductory beads we pray that God enlighten our minds, perfect our wills, and strengthen our memories.
        Comment>

Cloud, I am delighted that you received Jesus as your Savior. As a result, you have the Holy Spirit indwelling in you and you can no longer be possessed. Demons can wage battles, but cannot possess you any longer, assuming you truly believe in only Jesus Christ as your Savior. If you ever experience demonic activity, remember what the Bible says: "Resist the devil and he will flee from you." Read Psalm 29 out loud, but you really have to believe what you read from the Bible, as they are not magic words. I have demonic oppression and when they act up, the Lord always helps me. Nothing has the power of the voice of the Lord who spoke everything into existence. Study your Bible and know it as your means of knowing the Lord and He will be your help in need. Pray as the Holy Spirit gives you what to say.

God Bless
          Comment>

Originally posted by the_sign View Post
            That is why we have the Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary.

On the introductory beads we pray that God enlighten our minds, perfect our wills, and strengthen our memories.
            Welcome to Christforums the_sign.

Hope your time with us is enjoyable!

God bless,
            William
            Comment>

Originally posted by Stratcat View Post
              Cloud, I am delighted that you received Jesus as your Savior. As a result, you have the Holy Spirit indwelling in you and you can no longer be possessed. Demons can wage battles, but cannot possess you any longer, assuming you truly believe in only Jesus Christ as your Savior. If you ever experience demonic activity, remember what the Bible says: "Resist the devil and he will flee from you." Read Psalm 29 out loud, but you really have to believe what you read from the Bible, as they are not magic words. I have demonic oppression and when they act up, the Lord always helps me. Nothing has the power of the voice of the Lord who spoke everything into existence. Study your Bible and know it as your means of knowing the Lord and He will be your help in need. Pray as the Holy Spirit gives you what to say.

God Bless

Thank you. That means a lot to me.

One of the better responses I've had. I am born again. But I am not going to lie, it does not appear to help by rebuking this demon. The situation does not change. But I appreciate your help.
              Comment>

I seem to recall a demonic possession in the Bible, where the demon was so powerful, it required fasting and prayer for however long it takes. Fasting may be required in your case, but I do not advocate starving yourself. Set up communication directly with God through Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior and the Holy Spirit in prayer, and keep your focus on the Lord, not the demons. There is probably more than one, as they often attack in more than one, even in many, or legions. As a Christian, your sins are as far from you as the east is from the west. You are no longer guilty. Your sins have been paid for by Jesus on the cross, and He defeated Satan and death. God is in control of all things including Satan and the demons. Be patient and wait on the Lord for His perfect timing to help you. Also, study the book of Psalms. It is very powerful against attacks from enemies. Greater is He (the Holy Ghost) that is in you than he that is in the world (Satan).

God Bless,

Stratcat
                Comment>

The average healthy person should be able to handle a 40-day fast without any worry of starvation.
                  Comment>

I know someone who tried it, was an average healthy person, and after 30 days, was hospitalized for 1 week.
                    Comment>

Originally posted by Stratcat View Post
                      I know someone who tried it, was an average healthy person, and after 30 days, was hospitalized for 1 week.

That calls into question if he was really an "an average healthy person",as opposed to maybe just an average person. And, was the hospitalization for starvation?

First I want to say how good it is that automobile deaths are on the decline (thanks to big improvements in safety features). In 1980, over 50,000 people died on America's roads. But, over 30,000 still die annually.

A few years ago, a neighbor of mine was hospitalized as a result of mowing his yard. I still recommend that people mow their yards occasionally, especially my neighbors.

Any fast should be ended as soon as any consequence is no longer minor (e.g. minor hunger or minor low blood pressure) .

Comment>

In answer to your first question, yes. As for the rest, I don't see the relevance.
                        Comment>

Everything causes death and hospitalization. So, to have an example of death or a hospitalization from something proves nothing. What is proved by a man who suffered "starvation" at less than 40 days of fasting is that he was malnourished to start with. He was nutritionally deficient to start with. Calling a malnourished man healthy is like calling a weak man strong.

Millions of Muslims fast for a full month every year. Millions of Christians occasionally fast, sometimes for 40 days as Jesus did. Yet, when I look at these websites that say fasting is dangerous, they all amount to "Eek, your body is eating itself!". I've not found any statistics quantifying, substantiating, the danger. Where does fasting rank among causes of death? Below eating lettuce, for all I know, and for all the anti-fasting websites show. Yes, I'm sure people kill themselves eating lettuce, more than you would suspect.

What you do find in studies is 100% incidence of weight loss associated with fasting. You find dramatic life extension when animals are fasted. Studies show that symptoms of many chronic diseases are alleviated. You don't find anyone dropped out of these studies due to death. You do find that some people do drop out for health reasons. But, fasting isn't for everyone, and most clearly the more malnourished someone is, the less long the can fast. Yes, there are deaths associated with fasting, but there are deaths associated with everything. But, for a healthy person, it takes over 40 days before starvation starts. And, for anyone with some common sense, they'll stop a fast at the first warning signs of danger.

Truth be told, I think many critics of fasting our trying to cover up their own lack of self-discipline and bad diet. For me, I feel the same after three days of fasting as after three hours of fasting. But, my stomach is empty and if I'm not distracted, I think about how wonderful eating is and I that would love to bite into something delicious. This tells me that the main reason healthy people eat is for pleasure, not to alleviate real hunger. Someone who suffers from an overpowering desire to eat after just a few hours without food is someone who is not healthy.

Comment>

I don't want to tell Cloud maybe he should fast, then feel responsible because he fasted too long. I do not know his physical condition and who says he needs to fast for 40 days anyhow? I don't want to be responsible for giving him bad medical advice when I'm not a doctor and I don't know how healthy he is to begin with, so this discussion is purely academic. Have you fasted for 40 days? It can cause serious gall bladder issues. Further, even when the Lord did it, He was ministered to by many angels who carried Him away and brought Him back to health. All we have are doctors, unless we do get help from the angels, but that is not guaranteed, for it is up to the will of God.
                            Comment>

Originally posted by Cornelius View Post
                              Millions of Muslims fast for a full month every year.
                              They only fast during the daylight hours. They are allowed to eat before sunrise and after sunset.
                              Clyde Herrin's Blog
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap